“Lovely hotel”

Uppercross House Hotel
Ranked #82 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Neat and quaint hotel. Rooms are very spacious and comfy. Food's good and like many reviewers remarked, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Their wi-fi arrangement is easy and although it misbehaves on my iPhone sometime, it is well preferred to hoops some hotels make you jump trough, like requesting a new code every 24 hours and going trough extensive registration and logging in process.
The hotel gives off a relaxed and well-looked after impression. There is a Tesco across the road and a taxi rank. It's a quiet location, close to city centre and in Rathmines area which is full of lovely restaurants, cafes and shops.

One of the things I was not too happy with as a matter of personal preference (apart from the fact that on some floors smoking and non-smoking rooms are dangerously close to each other and some rooms have noise-leaking doors in the walls leading to adjacent rooms with people who watch TV loudly or till late) is that the hotel does not have a huge amount of light. Whether it's a design feature or a bug I do not know but sitting in the room working I found it quite dark at times and even reading light by the bed does not seem too bright. The breakfast area on a grey October morning looks patchy - there are some places I would not sit to read unless there is a back-lit screen on my device.
Having said all that, it's a pleasant welcoming place, very well located for me and, also, I really like their paintings ;) And floor heating! That's just marvelous.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Uppercross House Hotel

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Stayed here for work purposes and really enjoyed it. The staff are friendly & helpful and the hotel has all the amenities I need. A few decent restaurants nearby as well, so all in all a very good choice. Next time I'm in Dublin I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Family owned hotel in Rathmines, Dublin. Not quite the best area of Dublin although there is a very good bus service into the city and good taxi service just outside the hotel.
Our room was spacious, very clean and comfortable. absolutely no noise at night.
Breakfast is excellent. Bar is a little quaint - it's in the cellar and you can eat there or in a conservatory off the bar. Food is good although not cordon bleu.Good lounges with coffee service and TVs.
Staff are excellent all very friendly and helpful. Best service I've ever had.
Laft our luggage there on last day whilst we spent a few more hours in the city. realised I had left camera in room but when I went back to the hotel fearing the worst, there it was with a big smile.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

My company moved me to Dublin and I had to spent the first weeks there in order for me to find a house and make myself comfortable.
I stayed there under the long-term option. Apart from being a very lovely place, internet service is great, breakfast is awesome, while the owner and the staff are quite more than helpful and lovely.
Also it is just a few steps away from some of the very famous Asian-Cuisine Dublin restaurants, like Little Jerusalem, Zen and Tippenyaki, while in the middle of Rathmines village!
It is within 25-minute walk from City-Center, while numerous Dublin-Bus options also available just to the hotel's doorstep. One of the best options for a pleasant stay in Dublin and the only as far as I know for a long stay.
Rooms have the option of a little fridge and/or a microwave.
Mother-Reillys, the hotel's restaurant, offers some of the most traditional Irish plates at a fair price.
I have already proposed this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Yannis D
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Hi Yannis

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you had such a pleasant stay and that the hotel and staff met all your needs and expectations.

I hope you are settling in well to you new home here in Dublin.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need anything at all.

Warmest regards,

Ann Marie Brannigan
Hotel Management

Reviewed 16 September 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Uppercross and would definitely stay there again. We felt like part of the family; and the owner went so far as to give us a golf shirt that had the Mother
Reilly's logo to give to a friend of ours with the last name of Reilly. The breakfast was wonderful and the pub was very nice

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie R
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I had stayed at the Uppercross for 2 weeks, and all the time I was there - I liked every bit of my stay.
The staff was very helpful. Every time I would return to my room after a long day, I would be delighted to find it neat and clean. The breakfast won my heart, liked it a lot.
The restaurant is good too. A lot of different locations within hotel, in case you want to try different view with your food. A calm place.
The only disappointment was TV. Me being a non-Irish person couldn't find any global TV channel or music channel. In case, I would have wanted to spend a day in the room, it was difficult to rely upon TV for entertainment.
Wi-Fi facility was good too. I was pleased at the fact that I could tune in to any of my routine online work without and internet connection problems.

Thanks for a great service! Would like to stay at this hotel again on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nikita_N87
Reviewed 6 September 2012

The owner and staff treat you like their own and are very warm and helpful. Highly recommend. Excellent breakfast included with our stay. Attached restaurant / Pub has great food and great Irish pub atmosphere

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family