“Cosy city hotel”

Ranked #77 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Cosy city hotel”
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed in the Uppercross House Hotel for one night. Very friendly and helpful staff greeted us. Room was warm with underfloor heating creating a nice cosy atmosphere. Went to the bar attached th the hotel in the evening, where we had a fantastic steak meal and a fun night taking part in the quiz night held there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Czech first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I checked in for a night and ended up staying for almost a week! The atmosphere at this hotel is so warm and friendly, almost like a home, away from home. It is full of the most uncommon art work by someone called Joe Boy, and is almost like an Art Gallery/Hotel. Breakfast is a lovely spread, and there is a bar/restaurant downstairs, that is also used by passers by, good food, friendly atmosphere, and the best thing, live Irish traditional music. You can't get better than that. Close to town, close to shops. Great management and staff. I had the opportunity to talk to the owner, the general manager, and some of the staff, and they are all really warm, friendly and helpful. Free Wifi. Lovely underground floor heating. So nice and toasty. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Cinzia b
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Hi Cynthia

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay. Feedback is invaluable to help us so we can work on enhancing our product offering for your fellow travellers. I'm delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and found the staff to be so helpful.

Wishing you all the best in your new home.

Kind regards,

Ann Marie Brannigan
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was very impressed with the friendly service I received during my 2 night stay. Housekeeping and reception staff were extremely pleasant and couldn't do enough to help me. I found all the staff to be very accommodating to any request I had. There is a lovely relaxing atmosphere in this hotel and the room was so warm and cosy. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and couldn't fault it!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Uppercross, Front Office Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Thank you very much! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were made to feel welcome.

Kind Regards,

Frontdesk
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed a single night. Clean room. Clean Bathroom. Centrally located appx 6 minutes to City by Taxi.
Reasonable rates. Good Breakfast.
Staff were spot on. Tv was basic.Free Wifi in room . In bedroom safe.

• Stayed December 2013
Addingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at Uppercross House Hotel for 15 weeks in Autumn 2013 whilst on a work assignment in Dublin. I had intended to look for a short term property rental, but this turned out to be almost impossible in south/central Dublin. Instead, I took a room at Uppercross House which is conveniently situated for my place of work, and which offered me a very good weekly rate based on an extended stay.

What can I say? I spent 15 very comfortable, very satisfied weeks at the hotel and would not hesitate to return on a future assignment. Granted, I was not on vacation and so spent a large part of weekdays at work, but I did stay over on several weekends and found the hotel amenities to be entirely to my satisfaction. My spacious room was serviced on a daily basis, and consumables topped up regularly. Breakfast was excellent throughout my stay. The management & staff were friendly, courteous and helpful.

The hotel is located in the Rathmines district, just south of the city centre and is a good base from which to explore all parts of the city. I regularly walked into town from the hotel, but local bus services are frequent and there's a couple of Dublin tram (Luas) stops within walking distance (in neighbouring Ranelagh). Rathmines itself is an attractive, lively suburb which has plenty of local amenities.

I have recommended this hotel to family & friends and would seek out this hotel again on my next trip.

Steve Jones

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr . Jones,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a really nice review of the Uppercross House Hotel. As always, we are delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Eimear Lawlor
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Over in Dublin to see friends and having stopped all over dub on various occasions decided to give the uppercross a whirl ,hotel a couple of miles south of city but easy to get to by bus or taxi . Arrived about 6 pm and checkin was simple,in my room with in a few mins . Room had all that you needed ,coffee,tea, plenty of towels, wall mount tv ,on-suite ect , I wasn't in hotel a lot over the w/e but I had two great sleeps and a nice cooked breakfast each morning . Plenty of resturants close by and a pub just next to entrance of hotel. Hotel is ideal to use as a base to explore Dublin and surrounding area. I bought a 3 day rambled ticket fr airport costing €15 and was great for using bus service's around the city and out- skirts . I would stay here again for sure on my next visit to Dublin .

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed over a week-end and had a good time. the food was nice, the bedroom too. For a city Hotel and the price it was overall good.
We didn't went to the restaurant downstair but it was looking nice too.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family