“a warm irish welcome”

Uppercross House Hotel
Ranked #79 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights at cost of 150Eruos for single room ( but had double bed). Hotel is located in Rathmines area of Dublin which is about 30mins walk from city centre, well sourced by buses and taxi rank just across the road. You will get an excellent welcome here and all the hotel and bar staff will ensure that you have a really good time and are very sociable. the interior is well decorated and you get a real sense of the Georgian period. This place is large and bit like a warren, kept getting lost but hey! all part of the fun. The bar downstairs is an absolute delight and again you'll be amazed at the interior, great live music and an atmosphere you'd expect from a traditional irish pub. The room was a good size for my purpose but some may find it bit small. Would like to have seen more facilities in room/upgrade of some fittings etc for the cost, but overall a fab time and would definitely stay again. Breakfast was also wee bit small but excellently cooked and again great service. Parking on site if driving

Room Tip: If you have mobility problems ask for a room on lower floor as there are no lifts on one side and st...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank shannon s

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Just stayed here for the weekend whilst at the rugby, great place with a good pub attached, within walking distance of the city centre. Only downside was one miserable waitress at breakfast who is clearly in a job she hates and best described at ignorant, fellow guests I am sure you will recognise her as everyone else at the hotel are lovely and look after you. That one gripe aside would definitely stay again when visiting

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Chris9992014

Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay. I am glad that you enjoyed everything bar the experience during breakfast.

We pride ourselves in offering a warm and welcoming service to all our clients and I am disappointed to hear that you did not recieve this throughout your entire stay. I would be obliged if you could e-mail me at your leisure to discuss this further, so we can work on enchancing our offereings to future clients. annmarie@uppercrosshousehotel.com

We look forward to welcoming you in the future.

Kind regards,

Ann Marie Brannigan

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Stayed in the Uppercross House Hotel for one night. Very friendly and helpful staff greeted us. Room was warm with underfloor heating creating a nice cosy atmosphere. Went to the bar attached th the hotel in the evening, where we had a fantastic steak meal and a fun night taking part in the quiz night held there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I checked in for a night and ended up staying for almost a week! The atmosphere at this hotel is so warm and friendly, almost like a home, away from home. It is full of the most uncommon art work by someone called Joe Boy, and is almost like an Art Gallery/Hotel. Breakfast is a lovely spread, and there is a bar/restaurant downstairs, that is also used by passers by, good food, friendly atmosphere, and the best thing, live Irish traditional music. You can't get better than that. Close to town, close to shops. Great management and staff. I had the opportunity to talk to the owner, the general manager, and some of the staff, and they are all really warm, friendly and helpful. Free Wifi. Lovely underground floor heating. So nice and toasty. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Cinzia b
Uppercross, General Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Hi Cynthia

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your stay. Feedback is invaluable to help us so we can work on enhancing our product offering for your fellow travellers. I'm delighted to hear that you had such a pleasant stay and found the staff to be so helpful.

Wishing you all the best in your new home.

Kind regards,

Ann Marie Brannigan

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I was very impressed with the friendly service I received during my 2 night stay. Housekeeping and reception staff were extremely pleasant and couldn't do enough to help me. I found all the staff to be very accommodating to any request I had. There is a lovely relaxing atmosphere in this hotel and the room was so warm and cosy. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and couldn't fault it!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Uppercross, Front Office Manager at Uppercross House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you very much! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were made to feel welcome.

Kind Regards,

Frontdesk

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Stayed a single night. Clean room. Clean Bathroom. Centrally located appx 6 minutes to City by Taxi.
Reasonable rates. Good Breakfast.
Staff were spot on. Tv was basic.Free Wifi in room . In bedroom safe.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed at Uppercross House Hotel for 15 weeks in Autumn 2013 whilst on a work assignment in Dublin. I had intended to look for a short term property rental, but this turned out to be almost impossible in south/central Dublin. Instead, I took a room at Uppercross House which is conveniently situated for my place of work, and which offered me a very good weekly rate based on an extended stay.

What can I say? I spent 15 very comfortable, very satisfied weeks at the hotel and would not hesitate to return on a future assignment. Granted, I was not on vacation and so spent a large part of weekdays at work, but I did stay over on several weekends and found the hotel amenities to be entirely to my satisfaction. My spacious room was serviced on a daily basis, and consumables topped up regularly. Breakfast was excellent throughout my stay. The management & staff were friendly, courteous and helpful.

The hotel is located in the Rathmines district, just south of the city centre and is a good base from which to explore all parts of the city. I regularly walked into town from the hotel, but local bus services are frequent and there's a couple of Dublin tram (Luas) stops within walking distance (in neighbouring Ranelagh). Rathmines itself is an attractive, lively suburb which has plenty of local amenities.

I have recommended this hotel to family & friends and would seek out this hotel again on my next trip.

Steve Jones

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Mr . Jones,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a really nice review of the Uppercross House Hotel. As always, we are delighted that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards,