“Easily the best hotel I've ever stayed at, with minor hiccups”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 12 July 2011

The hotel is physically very well designed, and a beautiful building.
Check-in was one of two frustrating experiences for me at this property. I was checked in to a room that had not been cleaned. I returned to reception, and they sorted this for me with their genuine apologies.
The room was large and fantastically clean. Everything seemed very well maintained. As I was in Dublin on business, I was in a rush to get online. The process of paying for internet, which was not cheap, was not working, and after several calls to reception, a member of staff came to the room to set it up himself. All in all not a great start. This put a damper on the stay for me, but everything else was simply beyond reproach.
Once I was settled in, the quality with which all the staff worked was apparent in every experience at the hotel.
Despite being out-of-town, the hotel car service was wonderful - a real benefit, and made the distance worthwhile for such a superb hotel.
The spa is the best spa I have ever had the honour of being in. The facilities are second-to-none, and I have never been so relaxed. Truly a wonderful experience.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. My only negative comments were the check in experiences.

Room Tip: Ask the staff nicely to see if an upgrade is available.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank FrequentFlyer222
Tony4669, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2011

Dear FrequentFlyer222,

Many thanks for contributing your comments to TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you had a very positive overall expereince. Never the less it is always the little things that count. I am sorry to hear of your arrival experience, I can only deduce that it was human error on our part but am genuinely sorry for the inconvenience it may have caused you. With the internet issue, I can inform you that we did just upgrade our technology to a higher spec. This has not been without a few 'gremlines' let's say. Your experience, while annoying has helped us to rectify some of the issues we have had with the internet service. I am now happy to say that it is fully operational and we are now satisfied that it is delivering a far superior service to the previous product. Once again, thanks for your feedback. It is valuable to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to share it with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Regards, Tony

Reviewed 11 July 2011

Stayed a few nights with friends and everyone from the concierge, the restaurant/bar staff and the maids cleaning the rooms made us feel welcome. The room was great, however the internet was not working consistently. They offered to come up and fix it, but I ended up linking into my friend's access which worked fine. Would definitely stay again. Second time at a Four Seasons and this one was better than the first.

Room Tip: hotel site directly - look for promos
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2011

Dear Nyflerboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin following your stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were made feel welcome by all of our staff and would also like to apologise for the IT issue you encountered. I am glad this did not take from your overall experience of our hotel.

I certainly hope that your next stay with us will be as enjoyable as the last.

Jose A.Soriano

Reviewed 10 July 2011

very relaxing stay, my daughter and I really enjoyed our short break, would loved to have stayed longer if we had to have more time, but will be back again soon.

Room Tip: request smoking or non smoking, or a view room
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear Aoibheann201120,

I am so pleased to note that you and your daughter enjoyed your short break here at Four Seasons and that you plan to return to stay with us in the future.

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed 8 July 2011

Stayed in the Four seasons as a special treat with my partner. When it comes to hotels I'm very difficult to please but this hotel is outstanding in every way, the food , the accommodation, the staff are all top notch. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Katcaoi

Dear Katcaoi,

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us and for your lovely comments.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

have just returned from visiting my son in dublin and we had the privilage of dining and wining in the outstanding restaurant in FOUR SEASONS. from arrival it was simply unique...staff are just so perfect, so friendly, no pretence..special thanks to conor the restaurant manager who was so friendly and welcoming, then adam head chef and his first class team in the kitchn, not forgetting JJ and his team on the floor....when it comes to the food well its hard to describe it was so wonderful, great high quality of different dishes and all each one better than the other....so thank you all once again for a truly memorable and happy evening barbara holloway wits end crosshaven cork.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2011

Dear Mrs. Holloway,

It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. I appreciate you taking the time to do this.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience in Seasons Restaurant and I will be sure to share your comments with our staff, Conor, Adam and JJ in particular as there is no better motivator than the praise of a job well done.

I sincerely hope that you will return to visit Four Seasons in the near future.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

The hotel staff was super friendly and helpful, the room was a true delight, the bed and pillows was to die for and that bathroom..OMG..heaven!
Being a Norwegian I am used to stiff prices in hotel mini bars and hotel bars and restaurants, to my big surprised the prices at this hotel proved to be LESS in hotel bars and mini bars than a regular standard hotel has here in Norway, and the restaurant? Price range about the same as any normal restaurant here in Norway. I never thought I'd stay in a luxury hotel and thinking food & drinks were reasonable! Loved this hotel!

Only downside, no free internet but then I guess those who uses this hotel can afford paying for wifi...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Dear Marystat,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent visit to Dublin and for your valued review.

Your comments especially "one of the best hotels I have stayed in", are greatly appreciated and I am glad that you found us to be good value for money and were satisfied with your bedding.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back to Dublin soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

When we arrived in Dublin, Bon Jovi was getting ready to play at an outdoor venue next to the Four Seasons. Traffic was horrible. We were tired, stressed, and hungry. Upon entering the gates we received first rate service from everyone.

This is a an older building with old world charm and decor. The room was large and nicely appointed. Although, the living room furniture is quite worn and should be reupholstered.

One glitch. The room AC was not working when we arrived. The living room AC compensated and the next day engineering had solved the problem.

Breakfast was included in our rate. There was a large variety of breakfast items, it was displayed beautifully, and service was impeccable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adri0809
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2011

Dear Adri0809,

Thank you for visiting our property and for then taking the time to share your comments with us.

After a long journey and some Dublin traffic, I am glad that when you entered Four Seasons you received 1st class service.

I am sorry that you had some difficulty with your room AC when you arrived but that our engineering team were able to solve this promptly for you.

It is through reviews like yours that we are able to improve our hotel and the services that we offer. Thank you. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.