“I expected nothing less...fabulous :)”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #18 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Louisville, Kentucky
“I expected nothing less...fabulous :)”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

The room was a decent size, and very comfortable beds. The food was outstanding. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My kids were given treats, which they loved. We had lots of fun here, a great place. (well, duh, it's the Four Seasons)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 5 January 2012
Dear 0Maeday0,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted to note that you and your family had a wonderful stay and we do hope to have the opporunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Jose A. Soriano
Gneral Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 December 2011

This was my second stay at the Four Seasons in Dublin and, as remembered, every detail was perfect from start-to-finish. I arrived in a taxi before my friend and my bags were immediately taken so I could check in with ease. Check in was entirely pleasant and without complication. I was able to leave a keycard for my friend who would be arriving later. We also received a room upgrade on arrival.

, I had to send some documents with some urgency so I went straight to the spacious and comfortable business centre to do so without any ahssle before going to the room. When I got to the room on the second floor it was spacious and well-appointed with high-quality furniture and the wonderfully-spacious bathroom one comes to expect from Four Seasons.

When my friend arrived we had a few drinks in the lounge area as the Ice Bar was jam-packed with people enjoying pre-Christmas drinks. We were eating dinner that evening in Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud and when I asked for a taxi to the restaurant the concierge immediately had one of the porters show us to one of the Four Seasons cars (a luxury seven-series BMW) which drove us to the restaurant.

When we returned after dinner the Ice Bar was a little bit more quite so we had a couple of extra drinks there before retiring to enjoy a wonderful night of sleep.

Breakfast the following morning in the Seasons restaurant was up to the usual standard and every enjoyable In addition to the cooked breakfast (which was presented in a wonderful way) there was the continental buffee, a hot buffee, and a chef on-hand to cooks eggs to the guests' preference.

From start-to-finish the service in the hotel was exceptional. All of the staff members we interacted with were extremely pleasant, competent and efficient.

My only regret was that it was only one night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 28 December 2011
Dear dubsthcentralboy,

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a positive review of your stay with us.

It is a great pleasure to read such a positive review. It is encouraging to hear that you were provided with a warm welcome and reception for the time you were with us and that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sharing your kind words with our Team here in Dublin.

We do hope to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the near future.

Jose A. Soriano
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 December 2011

My husband and I stayed in late August for two nights celebrating a special anniversary. The hotel was difficult to find by car from the airport with directions from the website but it was also crowded due to a rugby game. Our room was medium sized and bright on a lower floor. There was a deck which would have been nice to go out on to see the grounds but the door was locked. The staff at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful and there was a handwritten note and plate of chocolates in our room...very nice touch! We loved the indoor pool and spa...so relaxing after a long trip. We did have breakfast our first morning while we waited for our room to be prepared...portions were large but food was not great and very overpriced..$50 for breakfast and coffee for two people. Service was ok. Overall the hotel was very nice and we enjoyed our stay. It was located in a quiet area outside the city center but is only a 10-15 minute bus ride to the sights. They have a free, secured parking lot at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Service, atmosphere, overall trumps the Shelbourne, Westbury and the Westin by a long way.
Only 2K from town, if you can deal with a short taxi journey, Four Seasons is a must.
Shelbourne a 4 star mascarading as a 5 star.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
icdublin, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 19 March 2016
Dear Joe R,
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your stay in Dublin. Thank you also for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to see that on a whole you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Yours Sincerely,
Clement Gaffney
Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Fabulous place, but my expectations were obviously too high. Booked a junior suite, was so not what is pictured on the website, suite was nothing out of the ordinary, bed was amazing though, super comfortable with down duvet, bathroom amazing, although let down by cheap toilet paper and tissues, no coffee making facilities or complimentry water, disappointing! the garden view turned out to be a view of the roof of the building! The staff were amazing too, so helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Stephen4816, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Dear 'Patricia C',
A very happy New Year to you and yours. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of Four Seasons Dublin with us. While you seemed to have had a good time here, I was disappointed to hear that the room you purchased was not up to expectations. In the junior suite room type, we have varied room views and aspect in the hotel. Regretably the one we chose for you did not meet with your needs or expectations. For this I am truly sorry. With the identity details you have supplied, I have located your booking in our reservations system and have now added a 'Courtyard' view as a feature preference to you profile for all future stays.

Should you wish to chat further about your stay, please call me at the hotel on 01 6654000 or e-mail me on tony.coveney@fourseasons.com.

Once again, I value the feedback and look forward to some day welcoming you back to Four Seasons.
All the best for now.
Tony Coveney (Director of Rooms)
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Accompanied my husband on a business trip so we were booked into the Four Seasons. Read the many reviews here and thought it would be a very nice choice to stay. I wa quite disappointed. We checked in late because our flight from London was delayed. We arrived at the hotel at around 11:30pm and was not greeted with what I had expected. We had 2 large suitcases and carry ons that we took ourselves to the room. No one made it a point to take them away from us. The person behind the registration desk was not very welcoming and projected an "I can't be bothered" attitude when asked a few questions about getting to the heart of the city in the morning. There is a car that will take you there, free of charge, but no one on this site or on any notice at the hotel has mentioned that it is not available until 1:00pm, so do not depend on it for early morning ventures. The room is nothing at all to brag about, typical room. Fancy marble bathrooms, clean, comfortable bed, safe, dryer, sure nice robes and slippers, but that is not what makes a stay. For there to be NO coffee/tea service in the room was unbelievable, not to mention that you must pay for Wi-Fi service. These two ammenities are so common in so many other hotels in Europe of this standard, even not so..that I was rather shocked that a hotel of this standard has the audacity to charge, and 13 Euros a device !...The hotel is not near the heart of the center, so if you are looking for quiet then this is it. There are buses that stop right around the corner, a few minutes walk. There are no close restaurants or cafes, so if you plan on using the buses,,.I suggest purchasing a 3 day pass so that you never have to worry about having the exact change. We never ate on the premise so I cannot comment on that. The women at the registration desk were helpful with giving me info on shopping. All in all I would not stay here again. I do not know what all the fuss is about. This Four Seasons hotel is average. Nothing fancy, nothing oh so elaborate, and the charges for the ammenities that they do have is over the top. I would not choose to stay here again when I return to Dublin.

Dear 'ap1958',
A very Happy New Year to you and yours. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin with us. I am disappointed to hear of the missed opportunities we had to impress you while here. I sincerely apologise that we were unable to meet with your expectations on this visit. We know we can do better than this. I would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with you in person because I know that I can personalise your stay better should you allow us to look after you in the future. Things like tea / coffee facilities can be arranged in advance for you at no cost. The internet charges are currently under review by our corporate office and I expect consumer sentiment to win out in the end on this front. You point on this subject is well made.
Please feel free to contact me at the hotel on +353 16654000 or on e-mail to tony.coveney@fourseasons.com should you wish to chat further.
Tony Coveney (Director of Rooms)
Carrickmacross, Ireland
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We booked into the Four Seaons as a treat, and mostly due to location, i was attending Vincents Private Hospital the next morning for Minor Surgery and it suited fine. Also since we had holidays cancelled on us already this year it suited to just treat ourselves for one night. We arrived at the hotel and parked in the car park outside and went in to check in. Check in was very fast and we were offered help with our bags, but we were fine...

We followed the directions to our room... was a lovely room, however the view was not wonderful, we were looking into the back of RDS and the skip and bin area for the hotel... but if you looked up you could see the Dublin Mountains so this was nice...

We had afternoon tea in the hotel which was nice, we were not hungry enough for the full afternoon tea so went for a mini one..

We dined out of the hotel that night, in Ballsbridge, it was only when we arrived back that we read that there was a Car available to bring us if we wished. Also at this stage we read that there was underground parking also, these should be highlighted better.
I was a little annoyed that there were no tea making facilities in the room... I understand that maybe people attending this hotel do not make their own tea... but lets be honest, most would if it were available. I didn't spend the 5.95 plus 4.50 room service charge for a cup of tea!

The Bathroom boasted all marble tiles, a separate bath and shower and a separate toilet.. There were lovely tolietries, but i have to say i could have done with a little more shampoo as they were small bottles for 2 people.

The bed was very comfortable and the arm chair was too... 1 comment i would make is the Four Seasons should move with the times as should many hotels for plug sockets. most people like to keep their phone at their bedside at night and normally charge it, we couldn't as there were no bedside plugs. This was never an issue when this hotel was built, but now phones are used as Alarm Clocks, mobile offices and much more...

It was a lovely hotel to say we have spent a night in. Our Breakfast was a bit of s shocker, i don't eat hot food in the morning so i said i would go for cereal from the Buffet, this proved to be a very expensive bowl of cereal at €22.00, I wasn't aware of this, but we just paid it as my partner pointed out i could have eaten anything from the Buffet for this price, I wish i did now!!!
I have no real complaints about the hotel, just some observations. I won't be in a rush back to it as as previously said we only booked it as a treat. It was a very nice hotel and finished to a very high standard, but everything is additional after you book, apart from the news paper which was delivered in the morning, this was great.

1 Thank golemma79
Stephen4816, Director of Food and Beverage at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 29 December 2011
Dear golemma79,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to extend my apologies for our lack of communication regarding aspects of your stay such as complimentary tea and coffee facilities and the courtesy car. All of your points have been shared with the management team in the hotel with a view to enhancing our communication with our guests and ultimately our service offering and consistency. It is important that our guests know that we offer these complimentary services as clearly we did not achieve this for your stay with us. In terms of breakfast we do offer both a la carte menus and package pricing and with this in mind we will strive to advise every guest of which option best suits their preferences.

Thank you sincerely for time, please do let me know if I can assist in any way to help either now or indeed in the future to make a stay with us more special.

Best Regards,