“RElaxing heaven”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
“RElaxing heaven”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I am affirm believer of, if it isn't better than home it isn't a holiday. The Four Seasons in Dublin is exceptional in every sense from service to pillows. I have been many times and each time I am impressed all over again. From my sons name on the cookie waiting in his bedroom for him to the fact that the bar man remembered what my husbands and my drinks were from our last stay. The staff always go the extra mile.

I am a complete foodie and just love the breakfast.....I am still trying to make my scrambled egg as good as theirs....what do you use?? Only change I would not be as keen on is the change from fine dining to grill concept. I feel it is not as special a dining experience and very limited, especially of for example you like to eat fillet steak, it's the same sauces as last time and very simple but still brilliant cooking....I can have fries at home I want emulsions, foams and samphire things I dont get every day.

Anyway not since the Four Seasons Chiangmai have I come across such a consistent level of great service....look forward to seeing you soon.....please change the Seasons Restaurant!

Jennie Patterson

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Jenpatterson
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 26 January 2012
Dear Mrs. Patterson,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Season Hotel Dublin. Your feedback is most valuable.

I was delighted to read your comments about the staff and the service which you receive during your visits, please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. Thank you also for the comments regarding the grill concept in Seasons Restaurant. We welcome all feedback and this will certainly be communicated to the team and taken into consideration.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Jose A. Soriano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed here with my husband for 1 night in December. The staff were extremely helpful and all keen to assist with every need. We had afternoon tea which was a treat and the place was oozing with a delightful athmosphere. We attended a function in the hotel and again the food and service was top class.The room was very spacious and comfortable. Overall a great stay in a lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ailish2101
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Dear Ailish 2101,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us following your recent stay.

I am delighted to note that you had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us and that the staff, quality of service and food was enjoyed by you.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Stayed here a few weeks back. Very professional service throughout without being at all annoying. I stayed 2 nights for business and would definitely look to stay when staying in Dublin on a private account. The large open reception areas impresses upon entering the hotel. This having now moved to the right hand side of the hotel upon entry. With a hotel bar (old cigar lounge style) and an excellent restaurant this hotel could be used for personal or corporate travel.
Whilst it is possible to get cheaper and more central hotels in Dublin a stay here is really worth it.

Room Tip: As I only had one room its difficult to say but i have a room on the 2nd floor and it was lovely, la...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Neoklassiksoul-yahoo
Dear Neoklassiksoul-yahoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin following your recent stay with us.

I was pleased to read your wonderful comments about our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future whenever your business or pleasure travels see you return to Dublin.

Ireland
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Stayed here recently with friends it was our christmas present to ourselves... hotel lovely we had bar food because we were at craft fair all day and didn't know what time we were dining at, food was good and the waiting staff excellant. However the rooms were basic enough and after ordering and paying for a triple room what greeted us was a twin room with a camp bed.. not exactly 5 star material....My other little gripe wi-fi 12euro... fairly serious in the economy we find ourselves in.... Although on a brighter note, Breakfast was amazing!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank CatherineMulkern
Tony4669, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear Ms Mulkern,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Four Seasons Dublin. I am glad to hear that you had a good time in general and enjoyed the food and beverage experience at the hotel. We've worked hard on our breakfast product and so it makes it all the more satisfying to get the positive comments back. With regard to the bedroom set-up, I am sorry that the bed layout did not meet your needs. Might I suggest a connecting room set-up on the next occasion that would provide more room and perhaps a better nights sleep. We should have done a better job at matching your needs with what we had available at the time the booking was made. I assure you that I'll feed this information back to the reservations team so we are more accurate when selecting room types for guests in the future. If you would like to chat further about your stay, I would be happy to make myself available either on e-mail to tony.coveney@fourseasons.com or by phone on 01 6654000.
All the very best for 2012.
Regards
Tony Coveney (Director of Rooms)
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 11 January 2012

We absolutely love staying at this hotel. It is not the most convenient location but the amenities more than make up for this. Service here is completely marvelous, no detail is overlooked. The concierge staff will go to great lengths to customize your stay and get you reservations anywhere. The hotel is excellent for families travelling with children (a lovely pool, the best children's menus we have ever seen, movies, games, toiletries.....) but luxurious enough that it is a real treat no matter what the occasion. Food and drinks at all of the hotel's outlets are flawless. We have stayed here yearly for the past 6 years and look forward to each return visit with great anticipation, in no small part because of the outstanding staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Vicki M
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 13 January 2012
Dear Vicki M,

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am proud that the service you and your family received prompted you to share your comments with us.

Our employees work hard to ensure that all of our guests receive a memorable Four Seasons experience and this is apparent in your case as it has seen you return to us year after year.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back to us soon for another memorable stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 January 2012

On a family trip to Ireland we stayed for 2 nights. The 2 rooms we had were large and beautifully appointed. From check-in to check-out the staff was professional, friendly, and accommodating. We had a wonderful dinner in the dining room although the service there was a little slow. Breakfasts were amazing.
Only drawback to the hotel is it is a little far from the center of Dublin. The hotel does have a complimentary car available to shuttle anywhere into the city , but it is on a first-come, first served basis.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JH2312
Dear JH2312,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your family's recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I do apologise that you found the service at dinner slow and will certainly share your comments with our Restaurant Manager so that he can address this with the team. On a brighter note, thank you for your most kind comments regarding the breakfast and our professional, friendly and accommodating staff. I will be sure to share your kind words with our staff.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the future.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The property is dated Yes I know it is an old building and everything blends in but for the price, a flat screen tv and basic amenties that a Holiday Inn provides is required. One thing I can't stand is the varying degrees of major hotel brands standards. When you goto the Four Seasons, you expect all that goes with it. There were times the front desk area and concierge was a ghost town during the day. I was going to stay 2 weeks but I decided to leave elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris S
Dear 'Chris S',
Thank you for sharing your comments with us after your recent stay. Naturally, I am disappointed to hear that we failed to meet expectations on a number of levels. I assure you that your feedback is being taken seriously. The good news is that this year we will be replacing all our bedroom televisions to the latest in flat screen technology and entertainment packages. We know that this will make a real difference to the guest experience.
If you would like me to call you or would like to share your experience in more detail, please feel free to send me an e-mail on tony.coveney@fourseasons.com or call the hotel on 01 6654000 and I'd be happy to chat.
Very best wishes for the New Year.
Regards
Tony Coveney (Director of Rooms)