“Truly five star in every detail”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #13 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed two nights at Dublin Four Seasons Hotel between 20 and 22 April 2012, and I just cannot find the appropriate words to describe how wonderful time I had at this marvellous place. Even though my stay was relatively short, it was fairly enough for me to be convinced that Dublin Four Seasons is definitely among the best and most prestigious hotels in Europe. The main purpose of my visit to Ireland was to take part in the Titanic Walking Tour at the Harland & Wolff Shipyard in Belfast, but this fabulous hotel in Dublin was also an attraction in itself.

Location

The hotel is located in a nice and calm area in Ballsbridge, Dublin. The neighbourhood is lovely and elegant, with lots of embassies, brown brick houses and beautiful gardens nearby. The hotel is easily accessible from Dublin airport, and at first I did not even realise how easy it is to get there. On the basis of the information supplied by route planner Dublin on the internet, first I took bus no. 747, then bus no. 7 to get to Merrion Road. I got off at the British Embassy, and the hotel is about five minutes walking distance from the bus stop. Then it turned out that I was not even supposed to take two buses to reach the hotel from the airport, as the Aircoach bus service can drop you off directly in front of the hotel at Simmonscourt Road. It is comfortable, cheap, and reliable, with buses passing every twenty minutes even on Sundays, so it is a reasonable alternative to taxis. The Sandymount DART suburban train station is also within a few minutes walk from the hotel, so I had no difficulty with getting to the city centre and Connolly train station.

Interior design

I am confident to say that Dublin Four Seasons is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen. If you are into traditional elegance, this is undoubtedly the place to go. The interior is quite like a classic, aristocratic, elegant country estate, but at the same time it is so cosy and warm that you are never intimidated by the grandeur of the design. All the fittings and decorations are of the finest materials, carefully selected and beautifully maintained.

My room

I have originally reserved a superior room, but on my arrival I was told that I was upgraded to another room which belonged to a slightly higher category. This was certainly a great start of my stay, although I am pretty much sure that all the rooms in this hotel are splendid, so I would have been absolutely satisfied even without this upgrade – but it was of course even better with that! My room was spacious, clean, and perfectly equipped, with a huge comfortable bed and a beautiful marble bathroom. The only objectionable element might have been the view from my room, as it faced a courtyard, but I did not mind it at all, as it was so peaceful and quiet during the whole night, with no traffic noise whatsoever from the street. When I stay again at this hotel, I will surely ask for a room facing the courtyard. Before I left the hotel on Sunday, just for curiosity I whished to have a look at the Presidential Suite, so an extremely nice and kind lady from the reception desk showed me around there as well. I looked at it with the greatest admiration, it already resembled a castle, but you will definitely have the most enjoyable stay in this hotel even without having the highest category of rooms.

Service and staff

I leave the finest and probably the most amazing feature of my stay in Dublin Four Seasons to the end of my review. I was simply enthralled and deeply touched by the hospitality, friendliness, politeness and professionalism of every member of the staff I ever encountered during my stay. When I arrived in the evening to check in after my long journey, they greeted me with such a smile that I immediately felt at home. I had a friendly chat with the gentleman who showed me into my room, then later on I entered into a nice conversation with the lady at the restaurant reception. She was so kind and helpful that she printed me the schedule of DART trains, and she has also sketched me a map of the neighbouring streets so that I could easily find the station next morning. It was not even part of her job, I just happened to talk to her about my journey plans for the next day and she was simply keen to help me. I already had highly positive feelings about Ireland even before my visit, but this friendliness and helpfulness of Four Seasons staff has just strengthened my conviction that I will definitely return to this wonderful country. And there is no doubt about which hotel I will choose!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Peter_Szabo
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Peter_Szabo,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a detailed review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay. It was a pleasure to read such positive comments about the location, interior, service and our staff.

I am so pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel throughout your stay. Your comment that "Dublin Four Seasons is definitely among the best and most prestigious hotels in Europe" is sincerely appreciated.

I will certainly be sharing your most kind comments with all of the team here in Dublin.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever your travels see you return to Dublin.

Jose A. Soriano

Write a ReviewReviews (2,021)

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Visited Dublin for a special occasion (Birthday) and this hotel was the perfect base. Staff were all amazing, the hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was on the front of the hotel, with its own Balcony... large in size, massive bed and all the trimmings!

It is about 10 minutes by car from Dublin centre, and about a 25-30 minute walk (which is nice).

Didnt take advantage of the car service due to the times it was operating (the only thing I can fault).

Had a meal at Seasons Restaurant, and the food was lovely. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John K

Dear John K,

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your time with us and would stay with us again following the service you received. I would like to apologise that you were unable to use the town car due to operating times and hope you can avail of this for future stays.

We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Classic hotel, comfortable rooms, marvellous bathrooms, big wardrobe. Service and concierge are impeccable. Gym and spa area - pure bliss. Good food.

Tuna steak salad in the lobby is amazing, as well as the cocktails.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear aserialeater,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin, I appreciate your kind words.

I am pleased that we managed to provide you with impeccable service and comfort for the duration of your visit.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This was a special birthday that my sister and brother kindly treated me with for a weekend away. The hotel was luxurious. Food to die for...SPA was excellently equiped with nice pool and sauna and steam rooms. Plenty of gym equipment. Staff could not do enough to please you. Bedrooms spacious, we had room service one evening and it was first class service. Courtesy limo into City Centre from 1pm until 9pm was a great help but my sister and I enjoyed using the local bus service which ran every 10mins. Fabulous restaurant nearby if you fancied a change from dining in the hotel called Roly's. As for Dublin you must go to the Guinness Storehouse - good value for money and a free pint when you reach the 7th floor with panoramic views of the city. Plenty of lively shopping bars and clubs to visit. Temple Bar,O'Connell Street, Grafton Street, Henry Street to name but a few. Dublin has everything and more...similar to Covent Garden. And the coast is not too far away if you want to have a different kind of day out. It left me feeling there is so much more to do and see but beware now its the Euro it is very expensive so make this trip a special one and it will leave you wanting to go back for more! I certainly would not stay anywhere other than the Four Seasons when I return next year so I shall get saving!

Room Tip: We slept on the front of the hotel with a main road in front on the fourth floor and there was no no...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear susantruzzi,

On behalf of the entire team at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin I would like to sincerely thank you for your positive comments and kind words about the hotel and our staff following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced all the hotel and Dublin has to offer.

Once again thank you for your feedback. On behalf of the team we would like to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

Everything was wonderful - we had invited friends for the weekend who totally enjoyed their stay from arrival to departure - the only problem was our stay was too short (2 nights)

Room Tip: We had room overlook main entrance but have stayed in other rooms and all are lovely
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear FIFI109,

Thank you for once again for taking the time to review your recent stay.

Your comments and feedback are indeed greatly appreciated. I hope you continue to choose Four Seasons Hotel for future visits to Dublin.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Great service, nice atmosphere, quite and relaxing, very tasty and suprisingly cheap food (2 up to 6 euro for tapas). Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Geelongman,

Thank you for recommending ICE Bar at the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin following your recent visit.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future to experience yet again the great service and atmosphere ICE has to offer.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

Stayed just one night in Dublin, had two children with us...had a great time the family room was huge and we did'nt want to leave!! Boys loved the pool. We ate in the a lovely room adjoining the lounge area and boys could watch dvd's etc and not disturb anyone. We will be back!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family

Dear ozzy333,

I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent visit to Dublin and also for your valued review.

I am really pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you and your family.

I look forward to welcoming you and your boys back in the near future.