“Posh, Luxurious, and Family Friendly? I must be dreaming...”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #18 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Franklin, Massachusetts
“Posh, Luxurious, and Family Friendly? I must be dreaming...”
Reviewed 6 July 2012

From now on, I will only stay in this hotel when in Dublin. My hubby and I are dedicated to keeping up our travels even with our new addition, our 9 month old son. When we booked into the Four Seasons, we were a little bit nervous about putting people out, but we wanted to splurge in Dublin. We need not have worried. The Four Seasons staff are just experts. It helps that Ireland is a very family friendly and baby friendly place, but the staff here could not have been more welcoming and helpful. The concierge and doormen even offered to watch our son, and several times got down on the hotel lobby space to play with him. Amazing. I was just flabbergasted. The breakfast spread can't be beat, and there is something for everyone in your party--picky, omnivore, fitness freak, foodie, you name it. My son went root down on the house smoked salmon here, that is how good it was. We also had high tea included in our package, and it was well worth it. So much fun, a nice way to relax away and afternoon, and you will leave very full. I love this tradition and wish we had it more back home! My son also loved the high tea, and the Four Seasons was completely accomodating of him and his 20 month old cousin who are fun loving boys, even at High Tea. There is a gorgeous bar here. Even the room service is terrific--really good nosh, which is not the typical at many hotels, and very efficient. Not to be missed are the spa services, sauna, steam room, pool and hot tub. After a long day of walking around Dublin, it is the perfect way to unwind. The spa services are a bit on the pricey side, but you are paying for quality here--no short cuts, no half-assed massages or facials. Here, they treat you like a goddess. Even if you don't get their services, guests at the hotel are able to access the gym, pool, sauna, steam rooms and hot tubs between 6 am and 10 pm, with 8-10 pm being adults only. This was such a treat. Even with all of Dublin's pull, I will admit, we spent a couple of afternoons in, just to enjoy this spectacular hotel. If you have little ones, they will bring up a crib, and the cutest thing--diapers, lotions, washes, and powders appropriate for baby, as well as a rubber ducky. How cute is that? They will even bring up age appropriate toys. They are completely happy to accomodate all children. It is those thoughtful little touches that make this worth splurging--but also make it a terrific choice for families. I am guessing even teenagers would like this stay, and that is saying a whole lot!

Room Tip: They are all good. Oversized by European standards, a little bigger than U.S. Standards. All rooms...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear ladyjules79,

My sincere thank to you for taking the time out of what I am sure is a hectic schedule with a 9 month old son to post such a wonderful review of your stay with us.

It is so encouraging to hear that our team was able to provide you and your family with excellent and efficient service throughout your visit. We are very proud of our employees. They work hard to ensure that all of guests receive a memorable Four Seasons experience and this is evident in your case.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the near future.

Robert Nolan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Laguna Beach
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Outstanding stay. It started with us asking for a early check-in, Andrea at the front desk was able to get us in within thirty minuets of showing up a 11am. While we waited in the meeting area we ordered three cappuccino's when I went to pay for it Andrea had already taken care of the bill for us. Now let's see if can tell me if you know any 5 star that will do that! The rooms are immaculate nothing is tired. ( I saw the the rant by one TA member about the decor. there's nothing wrong with it). The bathroom is large with a shower and a separate tub, bright and Super Clean. The toilet is separate from the bathroom being a plus. The beds are the best I have slept on since living in Europe.

The Service is impeccable. We had some problems with our wifi connection, Jason C of the IT Dept came to our room to help us to resolve the problem. Because of all the difficulties connecting there was no charge for what time we did get on. Thanks Jason

By far one of the best Four Seasons I have stayed in. Every one is gracious and accommodating and that alone gets high marks. This is probably the best bet for your time in Dublin. A truly "no stress" hotel.

Room Tip: this is a quiet area so any room will not have an noise issue from the street. The hotel is a little...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank porscheblue
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Incredibly helpful and friendly staff for such large chain (husband's checked bag missing, they fixed everything). As expected for the Four Seasons a high quality restaurant, but the real treat at the end of a long business day was the cozy wood-paneled bar with a superb whisky selection and knowledgeable staff. Comfortable room, great bed. Only drawback seems to be if you need to go to the conference center daily (I did) and it was a bit far and cabs are expensive.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Hotel staff good but always pushing for extra spend it reached the stage where I found it annoying and took exception to it
I have stayed there before but found the sales pitch on this occasion over the top

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Michael D
Central Florida, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Impeccable service, favorite meal was breakfast. Do try the lemon ricotta pancakes. Half an order was all I could eat, but my son, the bottomless stomach guy, ate the rest. Was one of the few places on our stay that offered artificial sweetener. Room service was excellent. Only surprise on my bill was charges for newspaper to our room. Two rooms, two papers, two days, €19 ouch. Especially when it was in the lobby to read. The rooms seemed to be literally sound proof. Had room darkening shades, so a great place to stay to recoup of jet lag. The location is too far out to walk to City Centre. We spent about €20 plus a day on cab fare. Cabbies park on street outside of hotel entrance. The hotel offers. Chauffeur service too. Spa was lovely. Pool big enough to swim laps. You. An celeb watch in the lobby. Saw the Red Hot Chili Peppers waiting for limo one day.The cabbies were always full of helpful info, especially where to eat for a good price. In the U.S. I never eat food at a 7-11, but for sandwiches, scones, fruit, tip of hat to SPAR recommendation.

Room Tip: Used my points from Capitol One card. They are all great rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Carugate
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Located in the chic area of Ballsbridge, this hotel represents the best of hotelerie for its elegance and high level of comfort, with a personal, particular relevance regarding breakfast, with an excellent service, and the spa, with a beatiful swimming pool. A must.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed here three nights with a family of five and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Our package through Amex Platinum included daily continental breakfast and one afternoon tea which was a mighty welcome break after a day of traveling in the rain. The hotel accommodated us with the room set-up requested and the room was quite large by European standards. It is two miles from the center of action and we tried to walk it as much as possible despite the rain. Taxis that hold more than four passengers are rare and the Four Seasons House car had a similar limit. If your group is 5+, expect to take two $15+ taxis to get anywhere which could be avoided with one of the more centrally located hotels. Although I would consider this if coming back with a family, I would likely stay here again if returning just with my wife.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 28 June 2012
Dear jsb15,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am disappointed to learn of the issues you had with transport to and from the city centre for you and your family. If you do choose to stay with us again with your family we will do our best to provide you with different options for your travel needs. I am glad that this did not take from your overall experience and that you were happy with your room and Afternoon Tea service.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you and your family back in the future.

Robert Nolan