“Perfect Business Hotel”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #15 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The Four Seasons Dublin was the perfect location for my recent business trip to Dublin. Close to our office, great amenities including a spa and fitness center.

The location is a little far from the city center, but an easy cab ride or walk and being able to run to the water in the morning was ideal.

Will definitely return the next time my travels take me to Dublin.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were lovely and good size.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Dear lorij1997,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us during your business trip and that you had the opportunity to enjoy our Spa and fitness centre. I will be sure to pass on your words of appreciation to our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Robert Nolan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,051)

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Very warm staff and well appointed rooms. Food was okay. The room was great and bed super comfortable. Very quiet and we never heard anyone next to us. The location might turn some off as it is short taxi or long walk to city centre. There are some great pubs out near Ballsbridge area.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear JoeVirginia,

Thank you kindly for your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you found your room to be quiet and comfortable, and I will be sure to share these comments with our team. For your consideration on your next stay, complimentary car service is available to take guests to the city centre (subject to availability) and we will be happy to assist you with any transportation needs you may require during future visits.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Kind regards,

Robert Nolan

Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in August to start our three week trip in Ireland. It was a very nice hotel and the rooms were large. It was a very good value for the money which you don't often get to say about a Four Seasons. If I was to go to Dublin again for a short stay I would not stay here as the location is a good distance from the main sights and the cabs back and forth were 10 to 15 euros each way. Walking took us well over an hour from the central area and that was at a good pace. We went to the play Streetcar Named Desire at the Gate Theatre which was fantastic. We had dinner at a new restaurant called the Hot Stove which had very good food for good price but we did run into a service problem and had to eat main course in under 10 minutes in order to make the play.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canuckhappytraveller
GMFSD, Assistant Director of Rooms at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Canuckhappytraveller,

Thank you for taking the time to post your Trip Advisor review. I am delighted you enjoyed the space provided in our bedrooms. I am also happy that you found Four Seasons Hotel Dublin good value for the experience delivered.
I appreciate you felt the hotel was a distance from the city centre hotel, we do have a complimentary hotel car service which runs to the city centre daily between 12:30-20:00, this operates on a first come first served basis. This has proven extremely popular with hotel residents. We are also lucky to have a taxi rank positioned beside the hotel. Nonetheless I understand that the hotel is a short distance from the city centre.
I really hope our location does not prevent you from considering us for any future stays. We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely
Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We began a 2 week trip to Ireland in Dublin. I picked the Four Seasons because I wanted a quiet location away from the center, and the rates were reasonable for the quality and reputation. It was a good decision. The hotel knew we were arriving Sunday morning, but we were even earlier than expected; they had both rooms ready by 9 am, and we were able to swim, breakfast, and rest befor heading out, and essentially had no jet lag issue. It is a 20 to 30 minute walk to the center, but through pleasant, upscale streets, and there are several restaurants 5 min away.
For us (3 children) having the pool/gym/spa after each day was probably the best thing about this hotel. We had no issues/problems at all with this hotel, and will consider other sister properties based on our experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank dundasdoc
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

My sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post a review. I am sure you have a busy schedule with two small children! I am pleased that we were able to provide you and your family with an enjoyable stay and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

We love the hotel but, under the direction if the concierge, we took a day trip with a hired car. The trip was not as it was to be and we were late back to the hotel, even when we told the driver we could NOT be late. We blew a whole day. Too bad...the concierge did not seem to care.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank 21,461
GMFSD, Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear Tim21461,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your on line Trip Advisor review. I am delighted to see that there were aspects of your stay that you did enjoy.

I do apologies for the poor experience you had with a recommended trip by our Concierge. I am also truly sorry you were left with a feeling that no one cared. I will review your experience with our Concierge team with a view to making sure this does not happen in future.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the near future. Please feel free to contact me personally at Lucius.farrell@foursesons.com if I can be of additional assistance.

Yours sincerely
Lucius Farrell
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a 3 night stay and yes it's an expensive hotel but I have to admit its worth it.
The service is just amazing. The place is flooded with staff and we went on what has to be the busiest time of year on horseshow week.!! This did not matter a bit. They were ready and more than willing. So hats off to everyone there.
The pool and wellness centre is lovely. The room was great the breakfast was amazing. Could not fault a thing!!!
It is shockingly expensive but when you take it all into perspective it's a bill I was dreading but paid it willingly.
Looking forward to next year!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mark M

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Dublin over the Horse Show and for your valued review.

I am really pleased that we managed to create a special memory of Four Seasons Hotel Dublin for you. Please be assured that I will be sharing your words of appreciation with the team. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Whilst travelling in a group of 130 people, we had the pleasure of staying at Four Seasons Dublin. Our room was luxuriously appointed and extremely spacious. Services received were excellent. Breakfast variety fabulous. Our positive experience was shared by all travelling in our large group.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Gillian W

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your room and dining experiences, and I will be sure to share these comments with our team. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.