“Irish service was superb in Dublin!”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #20 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
San Diego, California
“Irish service was superb in Dublin!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay in Dublin at the 4 Seasons. Our flight arrived very late and our bags were lost when we arrived after a long flight from America. The staff not only opened the kitchen but made us an unbelievable feast! The staff at this hotel is the best!
Our room very spacious and well equipped.
The only disadvantage to this stay for me was the location of the hotel being outside the downtown shopping area.
I have stayed at another hotel in Dublin in the past and although I enjoy the traditional style of an older hotel I much prefer a newer fresher style room for sleeping.
The 4 Seasons never disappoints us!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Eleanor Annette
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Eleanor Annette,

Thank you for leaving your feedback following your recent stay with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. I am delighted your room was comfortable and that the food and beverage offerings were an enjoyable feast! For your consideration on your next stay, complimentary car service is available to take guests to the city centre (subject to availability) and we will be happy to assist you with any transportation needs you may require during future visits. Thank you for your comments; I will be certain to share them with the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Robert Nolan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay in Four Seasons - top quality international brand. Highly recommend it for
business travellers. Located in a beutiful and safe area. Staff is always there to help you out.
Close to Dart station- easy and fast excess to the city centre. There is also taxi ( about 10-15 euro) or bus servise. Very good daily service of the rooms, rich breakfast in a lovely restaurant.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear elena b,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you felt you were well taken care of throughout your time with us and we would love to welcome you back in the near future when your business or leisure plans see you return to Dublin.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed there for a wedding (not at the hotel) and the staff were really great, they accommodated me and my family, fifteen people in total(most of whom were not staying at the hotel) to breakfast at extremely short notice and despite the fact that a lot of them turned up after breakfast had officially closed, they continued to serve, take orders and at no point make us feel like we were holding them up. Hotel was beautiful, my room was beautiful and their black out curtains in the rooms are great - nearly blinded myself opening the curtains on the Sunday morning as the contrast was extreme. Loved the hotel and would happily stay there again. Next time hopefully I'll have time to use the spa.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Pamela J
Dear Pamela J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your most kind comments regarding our staff and services, in particular your feedback regarding the team during Breakfast. I will be certain to share this with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable stay with us.

San Francisco
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Very nice hotel, a bit posh for my taste - but couldn't fault it. The room was large with high ceilings and wonderful large windows that fully opened. I love fresh air in a hotel room, and this was perfect. Lovely big bathroom with separate showere and deep soaking tub (love that!). Only complaint was no coffee maker in the room (I suppose I could've requested one).

The location is fine if you have business out that way or are attending something at RDS, but it's a bit removed from the center of Dublin and all the action there.

I got a very good deal, stay 2 nights and the 3rd night was free......this contributed to my happiness with the property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank stoulson
Dear stoulson,

Thank you for taking the time to complete your review regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed your room and it's amenities. Please feel free to notify us upon your next stay and we will be happy to note your preference for tea and coffee making facilities in your existing booking profile so that they will automatically be in the room for you upon arrival next time. Also for your consideration on your next stay, complimentary car service is available to take guests to the city centre (subject to availability) and we will be happy to assist you with any transportation needs you may require during future visits.

Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Three nights in this lovely hotel was amazing. The staff and concierge were very helpful. The location, while a bit out of the main city, was just right for us. Our final night in Dublin on a return visit we moved to a five start hotel in St Stephens Square and the noise and crowded conditions were far less appealing. We dined in the city center every night then enjoyed a lovely walk back to the hotel on beautiful streets in an elegant neighborhood. Our room was very large by European standards, the health club excellent and the dining in hotel options very approachable. Give it a try!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carl F
Dear Carl F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I was so pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our Concierge Team and the rest of our staff.
We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed at Four Seasons for two nights and everything was excellent: the service, the room, the breakfast, the facilities and caring staff. I liked the location as well - it looked like a very nice area to live in, short taxi or even bus ride to the city centre. Would like to come again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Limassola,

I am so pleased that we were able to provide you with an enjoyable stay during your business trip, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Seaside
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Quick recap - It has all the Four Seasons trappings - large luxurious rooms, wonderful bathrooms and impeccable staff. If only every person in the worldwide service industry was trained by the Four Seasons, no one could ever complain about service. The negative is that it's far outside town and they didn't bother to give all rooms beautiful views.

Pros -
Superb breakfast buffet
Signature Four Seasons bed, bedding, extra large room and bathroom
Flawless service

Cons -
Some room types look out over large rubbish bins
The showers don't have rainshower heads but small little (20 year old) massage jets

Full review
I'd stayed years earlier in Dublin at an LHW hotel directly in the center, but since this was winter and I was only staying two nights, I thought I'd give this FS a try. I regret that I did.

My stay at this hotel was what I've come to expect from Four Seasons city hotels like the one in Prague, Lisbon and Buenos Aires amongst others. The interiors and service are outstanding, but the views are horrible. The Prague hotel has an excuse, it was built right in the center of the town so only a handful of their top rooms have views of the river, but there seems to be no excuse for the Dublin property. It's so far out of town, they could have picked almost any location to allow all guests, in all room categories, to have wonderful views. Instead, the lowest category room which I booked, had a view of a backyard parking lot full of large scale rubbish bins.

You could never say enough good things about the service which is almost unequaled in the hotel industry and never ceases to amaze. My always favorite at FS hotels is how the housekeeping staff is trained to learn your name!

You also could not saying anything negative about the very large rooms, luxury furnishings and all the things you come to expect from every Four Seasons experience. I just wish they'd have put more thought into the surrounding area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Seaside_65
icdublin, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 27 February 2016
Dear Seaside_65,
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your recent stay in Dublin. Thank you also for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to see that on a whole you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Yours Sincerely,