“Flawless”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I generally prefer privately-owned to chain hotels, but the four seasons is an exception to this. They have clearly got the formula just right and everything from the moment of arrival is spot-on....and then goes a little bit further. The door and desk staff are all really friendly and efficient. The room was perfect. I'd requested a quiet room and was concerned that the hotel was busy with a number of functions going on, but I never heard a sound. I was travelling with my young son and little touches like baby toiletries, a baby bath robe and a cookie with his name on made a very personal impression. The swimming pool was lovely and quiet (and a decent depth unlike many hotel pools) and again staff were really chatty and helpful - offering my son armbands. I don't know whether this is part of their training or whether Dublin four seasons has just struck lucky with a great team. My only slight negative would be that breakfast was really busy and we had to wait about 10 minutes to get seated, while people from a wedding were let in ahead of us. However once seated breakfast was lovely and in a very nice setting. If there was anything at all I could suggest to "improve" a close to perfect hotel it would be add some references to Dublin eg in the form of artwork or photographs. Thank you for a lovely stress-free stay. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The hotel is busy, so if you like peace ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Ed 1,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am sure you have a busy schedule with a small son!

I am pleased that we were able to provide you and your family with a memorable stay. It is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel and I thank you for your kind comments, I will be sure to share them with the team.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

we stayed here saturday night and had a fantastic experience the hotel was amazing and the staff could not have been more helpful . would stay again in a heart beat.the staff were really good wih the children and attended to there every need.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear aine g,

My sincere thanks to you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us
I am pleased that we were able to provide you and your family with an enjoyable stay and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you all back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

There was a wedding on each day we were there and therefore there were no quiet areas. Lots of children around. Outside of your room and the spa there was no place where you could go and sit and quietly read a book and enjoy a cup of coffee. There should be a separate lounge area for some quiet time for residents. After all I came there to relax, and that means I want to be able to relax in any part of the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFSD, Restaurant General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear OldTitan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on your recent experience of our hotel. I am saddened to hear that your stay did not live up to expectation on this occasion. Needless to say we take all feedback very seriously as it is only through reviews such as yours that we are able to improve our guest experience.

I do hope we can welcome you back at some point so we may restore your faith in the hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me personally should I be of any assistance to you in the future.

Liam Noone
Restaurant General Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2014

This is a bit late as we stayed in February 2014 just for one night. The Hotel is lovely, our room was spacious with beautiful bathroom. The staff are fantastic really friendly and helpful. The food in the Restaurant was excellent.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear brocqie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us in February.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back to Four Seasons Hotel Dublin in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Really loved this hotel!! My first time here as a treat for my recent 30th Birthday!! Bedroom fab and also bathroom well stocked with L'Occitane toiletries,an added luxury!! Had dinner in the hotel restaurant and food was delicious,for three course meal and coffees after cost €89.90 total,a bit pricey but well worth!! Hotel only a 5 minute drive form Sandymount Strand for some fresh sea air!! Would highly recommend to a friend for a break :)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gillian S

Dear Gillian S,

Happy Belated Birthday!
Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel to celebrate your 30th Birthday and for then taking the time to review your stay.

I am pleased that you had a memorable stay on such a special occasion and that you would recommend us to a friend.

We would love to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

This is a great hotel. Very warm and welcoming. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is excellent. This is my second time staying here and will come back again. It is ~7-10min taxi journey from the city centre. Location is excellent for Aviva or RDS.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Whe1o,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am pleased that you had a memorable stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This hotel is exactly what you would expect in a 5 star hotel, especially with one named the Four Seasons.

We were offered an upgrade to a suite for only $40 euros a night and since we were traveling with our daughter it was well worth it.

The hotel is also very good in catering to families with children providing child size robes, good kids menus in restaurants and with room service.

Only complaint is the free wifi disconnects regularly and only allows 1 device per room. You can log into the "meeting" wifi though with the password displayed at bottom of restaurant menus. Not sure if it will work on higher floors.

Hotel also offers complimentary chauffeur service to city center in afternoon. This is nice because of distance of hotel. It is south of most tourist attractions, but there is also a train station less than a five minute walk.

We will stay at this hotel again when we return to Dublin.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gwinternetman
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear gwinternetman,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent stay with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted your stay was an enjoyable one for the most part.
I do appreciate your comments regarding the wifi issues you encountered. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Please rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the appropriate team to hopefully eliminate these issues in the future. It is only through feedback such as yours that we have the opportunity to make things right for our guests.

We would love to welcome you and your family back in the future the next time your travel plans see you return to Dublin.