“Afternoon tea,,,, not the best!!!!”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #19 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Afternoon tea,,,, not the best!!!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We had a good sunny day,,,,, maybe not a good time to go for afternoon tea.

My friend was so eager to go to Four Seasons (so we did).

It didn't start well.
We have been sitting and waiting to be served, but no one approach us. Also, we had to move table, as we find the spot we had been seated to as quite warm. After a good while, we had to approach the waiter to order (as I said, no one came to take our order. Now, looking at what Tempo Tea has to offer, we notice that my friend and I have different menus, some items on mine isn't on hers, and on it, it says tea is serve from 3:00-5:00. It is now 3:30 and we still haven't been ask for our order). Then as we successfully got the attention of the waiter, we finally had our drinks and 10 minutes later our savouries and sweeties. The level of service at Four Seasons isn't great. It's okey, but not great, considering it is a 5* hotel. (They are serving afternoon tea, while other guests are having a bite to eat in the same room/lounge, plus the crying babies.) It wasn't a pleasurable experience at all. Tempo Tea at Four Seasons lacked sophistication, it is not on the same level as Art Tea at The Merrion. Sad to say that I won't be rushing back.

We did however find the hostess, Raquel (looked after us well) was amazing. She's a credit to The hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank BenKaela84
icdublin, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 27 February 2016
Dear BenKaela84,
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your recent stay in Dublin. Thank you also for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.
I was disappointed to learn that on this occasion we did not manage to meet or exceed your expectations. Rest assured your feedback is taken onboard and appropriate actions are taken to prevent against a repeat.
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Clement Gaffney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Four Seasons. As the top lux spot on our trip it was a joy to have such wonderful beds and service for the week. The bellman and concierges were exceptionally helpful and informative on things to do and inexpensive ways to do them if desired.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Bob S,

Thank you for taking to leave feedback following your recent stay with us in Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted you regarded your stay with us as the top luxury experience during your trip to Dublin! Most importantly, it is wonderful that you had a great service experience in the hotel; thank you for your kind comments and I will be certain to share them with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Waverly, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had the great pleasure to visit the Four Seasons Hotel Dublin. The hotel is beautiful. The staff was very helpful and considerate. The concierge staff helped us arrange great tours of the downtown area as well as the country side. The fitness center and pool are spectacular. We will be happy to visit again in the future!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kristin L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I was delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your most kind comments regarding our staff and services; I will be certain to share your kind words with our team, in particular our Concierge team who assist you with your tours of Dublin.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again in the near future for another enjoyable stay with us.

Morristown, NJ
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The best of this hotel is the quality at still an affordable price( for this level of hospitality). The only ( minor) problem is the location, quite off the beaten track, but you can feel better thinking that it is absolutely quiet and city center can be easily reached by bus or by cab. We Upgraded to a junior suite and i feel it was money well spent. the suite was huge, with the fantastic comfy beds I have gotten spoiled with at other 4 Seasons, with a very roomy living room, a great Nespresso machine that made awesome coffee, and a beautiful bathroom with all the amenities.
Breakfast was a bit expensive and I wish it was included, even if the cost of the room might be a bit higher...We had dinner one night in the hotel and I was not too amazed by the food or the service, but I think we had a new waitress who was really unprepared to accommodate a guest's requests.Considering the much higher rates of comparable hotels in Dublin, located closer to city center, I would definitely stay here.

Room Tip: if budget allows, definitely splurge for the upgrade!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear dobarann,
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Four Seasons in Dublin when we first arrived in Ireland. The building and grounds are beautiful but what was most impressive were the staff. Specifically, Laura who checked us in and then showed us to the spa so that we could relax while waiting for our room (we arrived very early in the morning). Laura was lovely, kind and helpful. We were fortunate to have Oliver as our bellman upon arrival and departure. Oliver was sweet, professional and very accommodating to us. We used the spa and fitness centre everyday and it was beautiful, clean and peaceful. We met Ruben one morning and had a great chat with him. Such a kind and knowledgeable man. Thank you Ruben. Last and certainly not least was Brian. We met Brian one morning at breakfast and he was such a gentleman. Brian took the time to get to know us and give us great advice on pubs and areas of interest around Dublin. Every time we ran I to Brian he would remember our names, we would have a quick chat and he would continue to guide us through our vacation. He introduced us to his famous Cappuccino and we will be back for more. thank you Brian King for making us feel at home and we wish you all the love in the world at your wedding in December. The staff at The Four Seasons Dublin made it a priority to connect with us and make us feel welcome. Oh and the breakfasts were wonderful! It is worth paying for 'breakfast included'. Food is expensive in Dublin and is was nice to know that our breakfasts were taken care of. This stay was 10/10 for us. Thank you!!

Room Tip: I don't think there would be a bad room in the building. Breakfast included is worth it! The b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TTraveller145
Dear TTraveller145,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review on your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

I am truly delighted to hear that you had a lovely stay with us and that our staff were very accommodating to your needs. It is wonderful to know thay you felt so well taken care of during your time with us and it is wonderful to know that Laura, Oliver, Ruben and Brian helped make you feel at home. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you and your family back again in the near future.

Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I thought the hotel was lovely. The spa was great as was the fitness center. The only thing I didn't like was the breakfast room. The maitre d' acknowledged my reservation but when my guests arrived, she sat them at another table. It was only after I ran after my guests that I was able to sort the issue out. The internet in my room didn't work, and that took sorting out. While the hotel was lovely, and I would stay there again, it wouldn't necessarily be my first choice. The location is also slightly out of the way: good for business but not good for nightlife.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Helane B,
I am glad to see that on a whole you enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
Dublin
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Four Seasons for one night in July 2014. Every little detail is worthy of 5 stars. Cleanliness, staff, quality of food, room, fittings, etc. We got an incredible deal and didn't know what to expect. The room was large with a very comfortable bed and pillows. The bath room was very large with enclosed shower and separate half bath. The bathroom shampoos were all L'Occitane. We got chauffeured via the courtesy hotel car into the city. A beautiful, long wheel base 7 series BMW. Luxury all the way. The staff were very attentive and one felt as if nothing was too much trouble. The in-room breakfast was beautify presented and delicious. Of course, any additional items are a little on the expensive side, but that has to be expected and one certainly does not feel ripped off when the service is to such an exceptional standard.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMFSD, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Seaumus E,

I would like to extend my sincere thanks and appreciation to you for taking the time to post your wonderful review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Dublin.

It is encouraging to hear your most kind feedback regarding the service you received from our staff and your overall experience in the Hotel. They work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable stay and I will be sure to share your kind comments with them. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our Hotel's luxurious courtesy car as well as our food and beverage offerings.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.