“Best ever hotel experience.”

InterContinental Dublin
Ranked #17 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 28 January 2010

W hat a marvelous experience. My wife and I spent a lovely weekend in the Four Seasons celebrating our 30th. wedding anniversary.. We live only 5 miles from the hotel and after checking out all the alternatives decided we would check out the 'FOUR SEASONS EXPERIENCE'. From the time we arrived and our car was valet parked we were addressed personally by every member of staff during our stay. Our junior suite was presented immaculately with pristine white bed linen. . The marble bathroom was enormous and was more than adequately stocked with 'high end' toiletries. If you would enjoy relaxing in a lobby lounge in front of a blazing open fire with a nice bottle of Rioja this is part of the 'experience'. The service is exemplary, not over the top or false.. We felt we were in a home away from home. Breakfast and dinner is served in the plush dinning room. I requested a couple of soft poached eggs for breakfast and after a few minutes a chef arrived at our table with two perfectly shelled and cooked eggs. I fell that it is very difficult for hotel management to get the perfect balance in hotels. The food may not be as tasty as in a restaurant or service as its limitations, but our overall experience was perfect. With all the fantastic deals hotels are offering in Ireland - check out the Four Seasons, you will not be disapointed!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Castleknocktraveller
icdublin, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2016

Dear Castleknocktraveller,
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your stay in Dublin. Thank you also for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.
I am glad to see that on a whole you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2010

The staff were as expected very good. on check in I was asked if I wanted to upgrade my room! For an extra charge!! a little odd i thaught!! The decour is awfull even though i fell for the trap and upgraded my room to a suit it was all very bland. dated curtains bright and flowery with a blue carpet and magnolia walls.. was quite an eye sore also the tv's were old no plasma's. the bath was deep however short. And the view was of a wall.
Overall I was a little dissapointed the last rung on the ladder was the filthy yellow duvet cover wrapped up in clean sheets if people are considering 5 star treatment here it is important to look at the wider picture the four seasons needs work and is not good value for money. There is no customer comforts the mini bar menue is scary you would need to re-mortgage to afford a bottle of pop at 5euro, parking is 18euro breakfast is a buffet breakfast way over priced skip this at 30euro per person, parking is 20 euro and to top it all off broadband is 22 euro for one night! all things that are included almost everywhere else for free

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank House_Inspector
icdublin, General Manager at InterContinental Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2016

Dear House_Inspector,
Thank you for choosing us as your destination for your recent stay in Dublin. Thank you also for taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.
I was disappointed to learn that on this occasion we did not manage to meet or exceed your expectations. Rest assured your feedback is taken onboard and appropriate actions are taken to prevent against a repeat.

Reviewed 23 December 2009

I'm allergic to Wheat and have found this hotel to be a refuge bordering on heaven. Well Done on the service and knowledgeable staff. Wonderful gluten free food. Staff are very helpful too.

Dear Dubliner2009Dublin,

Reviewed 17 December 2009

Like the previous reviewer's annual Leo, we have always had a pre Christmas girls get together at the Four Seasons. This year, the cost cutting measures are evident everywhere in the hotel and sadly reflected in the quality of the food and service. Shortly after 10:30 pm, while our table of five were still eating, the two waiters in the restaurant started preparing for the breakfast buffet. Heating lamps were brought in and set up over large pastry/read baskets directly behind us. Toasters, water dispensers, tea bag selection boxes etc were all brought out. There were at least three tables with guests still in the restaurant. We tried to ignore what was going on but it was so off putting. We were given the distinct impression that the staff wanted us to leave as soon as we finished eating. We did, at around half eleven. When we asked for our coats, only one was tagged properly and brought out. The other four of us were told to go into the cloakroom ourselves to get our own coats! Unbelievable!

8  Thank asiangourmet

Dear asiangourmet,
I was most disappointed to learn that on this occasion we did not manage to meet or exceed your expectations. Rest assured your feedback is listened to and appropriate actions are taken to prevent against a repeat. It is by taking feedback onboard we have the opportunity to improve our service offering.

Reviewed 13 December 2009

This is the third time we have booked the restaurant for our yearly Leo. Leo is rhyming slang for Leo Sayer - an all dayer. The last two occasions were exceptional. We start with drinks in the bar with tempting nibbles; then a very late lunch - which begins with the superb hors d’oeuvres table; then back to the bar till late. Not this year. No nibbles apart from peanuts – which we had to ask for; no hors d’oeuvres table; very very mediocre meal – with a restricted cheap menu; surrounded by a barrow-boys convention in the bar afterwards. All in all – an extremely disappointing experience. Even in a recession, you expect standards from a hotel such as the four seasons portrays itself to be. No standards. No quality. No fourth Leo here. Although three meals were deducted from the bill – it’s not the point. We were looking for what the four seasons used to be – the price wasn’t important. A special occasion ruined by a now less than special hotel. We will repeat our Leo in the Merrion in January 2010.

6  Thank LeoDurham

Dear LeoDurham,

Reviewed 7 December 2009

I attended a convention here in late November and found the whole experiences to be excellent. The bedroom was spotless and had absolutely everything that I needed. If one was to be REALLY picky, I might suggest that it was a long haul from the elevator - and maybe the artwork on the walls was a bit too generic, and not Irish enough, given the location of the property. Attended a banquest dinner for 300 guests that evening in the main Ballroom, and the food, service and ambience was excellent - as good as it gets for this type of function. After dinner we adjourned to the Ice Bar. Super place, but boy, do they know how to charge!! Overall thugh, a great time, and one I would look forward to again

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank MplusG

Dear AtlanticalMan,

Reviewed 5 November 2009

The Four Seasons was previously rated No. 1 in Dublin and I'm amazed that it has slipped to No. 19. I have stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. My latest visit was for three nights at Hallowe'en (30 Oct.-2 Nov 2009). I have, as always, found the staff welcoming, friendly, professional. The room (a junior suite) was lovely, quiet, and included everything that we could possibly have needed. The breakfast buffet was second to none, the evening meals which we took in the cafe were cooked to perfection. We availed of the special offer 3 nights for the price of 2.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple