“excellent customer service”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel from 3-5 aug incl with my 10 yr old daughter.for my brothers wedding. From the minute we arrived to the second we left i found it excellent. My daughter was treated like a princess by John Piggot (staff member). Place is spotless, very central, food excellent. As it was a family wedding Staff ensured that family members were all on the same floor. Service was excellent, checking out was fast and efficient. Would highly recommend for the service alone.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and I'll make sure John knows about his mention.

Hopefully we will be welcoming you back to the Trinity Capital Hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for Trinity City Hotel

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We arrived on the red eye from Atlanta at 7:30am hoping we might get lucky and our room would be available. It was! What a treat. We unloaded our cases and went to breakfast. Our room was comfortable and quiet. It was warm and the office gave ua a fan. Perfect. Location was great! Breakfast not so good...a high price for buffet style food. All in all agood stay.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

We do always try to accommodate our early arrivals - whenever we can we'll check guests in, it's the best way for all of us!!

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us overall.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the trinity capital hotel on pearse street.. We were taken back by the retro/boutique decor and friendliness of the staff.. not to mention the extra comfy beds.. Luxury with a short walk into temple bar.. would highly recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us - we love being recommended!

Reviewed 3 August 2012

Received a free upgrade and stayed in the luxury suite, which was gorgeous. Hotel is a recommendation worth. Hotel is located quite central and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was very extensive...................

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm very happy to read that you find the hotel worth a recommendation!
Hopefully we can welcome you back to Dublin and the Trinity Capital Hotel soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

Just returned from spending two nights at Trinity Capital. The hotel is in a perfect location, within easy walking distance of central attractions.The decor was sumptuous and strange, as if lots of odd large things had been collected over a period of time and all displayed at once, I couldn't quite work out if there was a theme and if so what it was...quite bizarre! Although I found it very cosy in the the bar in the evening when we returned late for a drink, during the day, especially at breakfast, I found it a little overpowering and wouldn't have wanted to stay longer than a long weekend. Our room 104, was on the first floor at the front of the hotel, although it overlooked a busy road and the hotel is next door to a fire station we didn't find it particularly noisy,the room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was included in the package I booked, it was typical buffet plenty of everything you could want,full Irish and Continental, set us up for the day! The staff were polite and helpful especially( I think his name was) John Piggot who saw my husband and I looking at the information board for something to do on Sunday and recommended the Brazen Head for an afternoon of Irish entertainment followed by a meal at the Millstone on Dame Street both venues were absolutely fabulous (Thanks John if you're reading this ) I can understand why people would like this hotel and I would definitely return,just in small doses.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return in the future - a returning customer is the best compliment we can get! I'm sure John has already read your review, but I'll make sure to mention it to him as well.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

If you dislike square minimalist you should love this place.Purple happens to be my favourite color and I loathe pale rectangular fittings.
Trinity Capital has been awarded an extra star since our last visit and the crazy artifacts seem to have got even better. We feel like travelers arriving in another era, oversized chairs, spacey and fun. Fabulous courtyard , bar restaurant area , wifi throughout and loads of power sockets.
Waking to Temple bar or Grafton St cross Pearse St using the lights just outside the hotel and walk along side of Trinity College - other routes lead to many crazy roads.
Thanks so much Alisha for the extra space  great room and love the hotel. Hope Galway delivered decent weather for the races Wednesday. Dublin fine despite iPhone weather doom.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us - hopefully we can welcome you back to Dublin and the Trinity Capital Hotel soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Great location for getting around Dublin - just a short walk to many of the main sights. The main issue we had with our stay was that the room was far too warm, even though it was a cool and damp weekend. Apparently some of the rooms have air-con (I assume the more expensive ones) but ours didn't and even leaving the window open all day didn't really help. The fire station seems to come to life at 9am too, so don't expect a lie in!

I wouldn't compliment the decor in the way many others have, but each to their own.

The hotel itself is very well looked after and our room was spotlessly clean, and the free wi-fi is great. I wouldn't return because of the temperature and the fire station, but this is a good, well looked after hotel with friendly helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you care about the room temp, make sure you have air-con, and if you are bothered don't get a...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

Unfortunately we do not have airconditioning in all our rooms, only in the Executive rooms and Suites. We do have fans available at the reception on request for guests who find the rooms too warm.