“Great location”

Ranked #50 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
galashiels scotland
“Great location”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Very unusual hotel with lots of interesting public rooms . As for the decoration , what can you say? The staff were very friendly and obliging . Rooms were large ,clean and very well equiped with lots of extras. On the down side our room was like a sauna and significantly there was a chap in front of me at reception also asking for a fan . I suggest asking for a room with air conditioning or at least one in a cooler part of the building. Back to the positives,a brilliant location minutes walk to all main attractions and close to the airport bus stop.

Room Tip: Ask for a cool room
2 Thank scocha

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the rooms and our staff. We have fans available at reception for guests who find that rooms are too warm. Our Executive rooms and Suites have air-conditioning.

We hope to welcome you back to the Trinity Capital Hotel soon.

Online Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brea, CA
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trinity Capital in Georgian Suite #2 July 17 - July 26th. I loved the decor -- it reminded me of The W meets Alice in Wonderland (at about half the price of The W.) ***Go to their FB page and get a discount code***

We chose The Georgian Suite (#2) since we were staying for 9 nights and wanted a place to call home base. I have traveled to Ireland before and am aware that most hotel rooms are small. The Georgian Suite was huge. I would estimate it around 350 -400 square feet.

Things I Loved:
--Decor - especially the lighting, wall colors, artwork, mirrors and quirky touches
--Windows - It was nice to have 2 windows on opposite sides of the room. Especially during humid summer days. The view from both was very fun (people watching on Pearse, crazy ceramic animals on the roof through the other)
--The desk (which I used as a makeup area)
--The bathroom, especially the giant tub and the sheer size of the room. I love the high frosted windows, the long table to set toiletries. (Stop by LUSH on Grafton, get a nice Bubble Bar for a nice relaxing fragrant bubbly bath!)
--The bed was extremely comfortable.
-- I liked the walk through the hotel to our room, through a door in the breakfast room, up 2 short flights of stairs)
--All public areas of the hotel were fun and captivating
--Location is great. Looking at a map we thought we were in for alot of walking. But, Dublin is smaller than it seems on a map.

Things I Didn't Love So Much (pretty minor given how much I love this hotel)
--The tub took awhile to fill as the water pressure was not so great. (my husband who takes showers had no complaints)
--Water leaking on the floor towards the sink while showering (made for some worry due to slippery nature of the tile)
--The crushed velvet chairs, while cute - not very comfortable
-- 2 Televisions, both were small. Limited to about 10 channels, one that was frozen on The Golden Girls (I love watching foreign TV)
--No dresser. Everything had to be hung or remain in our suitcases. (plenty of room)
--No washcloths (had to ask at front desk....when linen was replaced, still no washcloths)
--All window locks were broken (the area seems very safe, but still concerning)
--Noise/Lights from Fire Trucks may bother some (didn't concern us - just another fun quirk!)
--Georgian Suite 2 must be located next to housekeeping, as a few times, there weresmall bags of trash close to our door.

Wow, even with that 2nd list, .can I come back next week? I miss it! ;)
I recommend Trinity Capital Hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Dublin.

Room Tip: If you get a room facing Pearse - there will be firetrucks and people on the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gruffydd
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The Trinity Capital Hotel is located along side of Trinity College. It takes about 5 minutes to walk from the hotel to front entrance of Trinity College. I estimate that it's approximately 10-15 minutes from the Temple Bar area.

The decor of the hotel is a little "out there" but it makes it interesting. Just inside the front door are chairs that made me think of Alice in Wonderland.

My daughter and I found the front desk staff to be very helpful, especially Olga! A breakfast buffet was included. There were hot items, pastries, fruit, cereals, etc.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie K

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I'll make sure Olga knows she was mentioned especially.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Hi,

When I booked this hotel was not because only of the pictures posted on the Internet, was because of the location. Within 5 minutes walk to one of the most popular shopping street Grafton St. The room very spacious, the bathroom utmost clean with daily supplies of coffee/sugar/tea. Hotel in a quite area next to the Trinity College. The hop on-of buss City sight next to the Tourist Information 5 minutes walking distance. Also the Air Link shuttle boss drop-on/pick up same corner distance. One night I booked at the Arlington hotel dinner and show for only 29.30 euro on the south side of the river, Dublin at night is beautiful full of people young and mature? If you one of those people who would love to relax on the main floor at the hotel has many options, two bars, coffee/tea rooms, lunches area, resting area and much more.

Room Tip: Even though the room facing the street, and I slept with the window open you can hardly hear the tra...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed 8 August 2012

enjoyed an excellent stay here. staff were wonderful, stayed in a gorgeous georgian suite so enjoyed the luxury and the space. enjoyed a tasty breakfast I guess I will return here in the not so distant future

Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back with us soon.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This hotel is very conveniently located for walking around central Dublin, just south of the Liffey. The staff were helpful and polite, the room was comfortable with a good-sized bathroom, and the breakfast would hold you for the rest of the day! The decor might be described as Tim-Burton-meets-Neo-Victorian-colonial (dark rich colors, velvet and silk fittings, massively oversized chairs in the lobby, giant animal sculptures); it's not your average corporate hotel. Our room was just over the fire station, so there was not much of a view, but surprisingly we also had no problem with noise. For two nights it was fine; for a longer stay I might look for a smaller place overlooking a park or garden. In my experience, it's decently priced for this kind of hotel in Dublin.

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Hopefully we can welcome you back to the Trinity Capital Hotel if you return to Dublin.

Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

What a fantastic hotel! Just back from a 3 night/4 day break to Dublin. It was a surprise trip for my partner and I wanted 'somewhere special'. The Trinity Capital did not disappoint. Fantastic foyer done in purples, reds and blacks with huge high backed chairs.....a wonderful mix of Morocco and Alice in Wonderland! The room we had was lovely, the bed very comfortable and a spotlessly clean bathroom with powerful shower. The staff were great too...friendly and willing to help with even the smallest query. Located just a few minutes walk from all the must see attractions and excellent local bus services to anywhere in Dublin.
You can get the number 16 Dublinbus from the airport and it stops just around the corner from the hotel...and much cheaper than the aircoach too.
Overall and excellent stay...would definitely recommend and return to this hotel.

1 Thank Dee N

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel
I'm delighted to read that your surprise stay with us was a success.

Hopefully we can welcome you and your partner back to Dublin and the Trinity Capital Hotel soon.

Kind Regards,