“Great location, with unique décor”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great location, with unique décor”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I'm from Dublin, but haven't lived there in over 10 years. Any time I go home and need a city centre hotel, I always stay at the Trinity Capital. The décor is unique, the rooms are comfortable, the staff are efficient and friendly - but best of all is the location. It is a perfect base for exploring the city, and similar hotels just a couple of hundred metres away would cost a lot more.
It is just across the street from Trinity College, and the famous tourist hotspot of Temple Bar is less than 5 minutes away by foot. It is in a relatively safe area of the city, but as with any major city, you need to be careful when out walking, particularly at night. There is a fire station next door, and a police station just a few metres away, so it is quite safe! When you exit the hotel, turn right and you will be in the heart of the city in just a couple of minutes. Turn left, and you will end up in a less attractive part of the city, with not much to see! The hotel bar is nice and serves a decent pint of Guinness too - perfect after a long day out exploring the city! Would definitely recommend this hotel, and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that you have enjoyed staying with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

Online Sales and Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Windsor
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Good hotel, across the street is Trinity College (home to the Book of Kells), within walking distance to the Temple Bar area and great restaurants. The breakfast was included and was very good. Easy to grab a bus for all the sightseeing in Dublin.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Bridgend, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Just returned home from 3 wonderful days in Dublin and couldn't have chosen a better hotel than this. As other reviewers say, the location is perfect. Every member of staff was friendly and helpful. I was upgraded to a kingsize courtyard room which was large, great bathroom (very important to a girl!) and enormous bed! No problems at all sleeping - not noisy even with the window open on a hot summer night. The room was always clean, plenty of towels and coffee supplies and toiletries always topped up. The meals I had here were excellent and well priced for Dublin. The bar was a great place to relax in the evening. I loved the quirky decor throughout the public areas. It was a short stroll to Trinity College and Grafton St, well placed for any bus tours or getting to and from the airport by the Aircoach. Much cheaper than a taxi and excellent service. I wish I could have stayed a few days more as the weather was fabulous, but when I do come back to Dublin, I won't bother looking at any other hotels. I will stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm delighted to read your comments about our hotel and our staff.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to Dublin and the Trinity Capital Hotel

galashiels scotland
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Very unusual hotel with lots of interesting public rooms . As for the decoration , what can you say? The staff were very friendly and obliging . Rooms were large ,clean and very well equiped with lots of extras. On the down side our room was like a sauna and significantly there was a chap in front of me at reception also asking for a fan . I suggest asking for a room with air conditioning or at least one in a cooler part of the building. Back to the positives,a brilliant location minutes walk to all main attractions and close to the airport bus stop.

Room Tip: Ask for a cool room
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank scocha

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the rooms and our staff. We have fans available at reception for guests who find that rooms are too warm. Our Executive rooms and Suites have air-conditioning.

We hope to welcome you back to the Trinity Capital Hotel soon.

Brea, CA
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Trinity Capital in Georgian Suite #2 July 17 - July 26th. I loved the decor -- it reminded me of The W meets Alice in Wonderland (at about half the price of The W.) ***Go to their FB page and get a discount code***

We chose The Georgian Suite (#2) since we were staying for 9 nights and wanted a place to call home base. I have traveled to Ireland before and am aware that most hotel rooms are small. The Georgian Suite was huge. I would estimate it around 350 -400 square feet.

Things I Loved:
--Decor - especially the lighting, wall colors, artwork, mirrors and quirky touches
--Windows - It was nice to have 2 windows on opposite sides of the room. Especially during humid summer days. The view from both was very fun (people watching on Pearse, crazy ceramic animals on the roof through the other)
--The desk (which I used as a makeup area)
--The bathroom, especially the giant tub and the sheer size of the room. I love the high frosted windows, the long table to set toiletries. (Stop by LUSH on Grafton, get a nice Bubble Bar for a nice relaxing fragrant bubbly bath!)
--The bed was extremely comfortable.
-- I liked the walk through the hotel to our room, through a door in the breakfast room, up 2 short flights of stairs)
--All public areas of the hotel were fun and captivating
--Location is great. Looking at a map we thought we were in for alot of walking. But, Dublin is smaller than it seems on a map.

Things I Didn't Love So Much (pretty minor given how much I love this hotel)
--The tub took awhile to fill as the water pressure was not so great. (my husband who takes showers had no complaints)
--Water leaking on the floor towards the sink while showering (made for some worry due to slippery nature of the tile)
--The crushed velvet chairs, while cute - not very comfortable
-- 2 Televisions, both were small. Limited to about 10 channels, one that was frozen on The Golden Girls (I love watching foreign TV)
--No dresser. Everything had to be hung or remain in our suitcases. (plenty of room)
--No washcloths (had to ask at front desk....when linen was replaced, still no washcloths)
--All window locks were broken (the area seems very safe, but still concerning)
--Noise/Lights from Fire Trucks may bother some (didn't concern us - just another fun quirk!)
--Georgian Suite 2 must be located next to housekeeping, as a few times, there weresmall bags of trash close to our door.

Wow, even with that 2nd list, .can I come back next week? I miss it! ;)
I recommend Trinity Capital Hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Dublin.

Room Tip: If you get a room facing Pearse - there will be firetrucks and people on the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Gruffydd
Syracuse, New York, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2012

The Trinity Capital Hotel is located along side of Trinity College. It takes about 5 minutes to walk from the hotel to front entrance of Trinity College. I estimate that it's approximately 10-15 minutes from the Temple Bar area.

The decor of the hotel is a little "out there" but it makes it interesting. Just inside the front door are chairs that made me think of Alice in Wonderland.

My daughter and I found the front desk staff to be very helpful, especially Olga! A breakfast buffet was included. There were hot items, pastries, fruit, cereals, etc.

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Katie K

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I'll make sure Olga knows she was mentioned especially.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2012

Hi,

When I booked this hotel was not because only of the pictures posted on the Internet, was because of the location. Within 5 minutes walk to one of the most popular shopping street Grafton St. The room very spacious, the bathroom utmost clean with daily supplies of coffee/sugar/tea. Hotel in a quite area next to the Trinity College. The hop on-of buss City sight next to the Tourist Information 5 minutes walking distance. Also the Air Link shuttle boss drop-on/pick up same corner distance. One night I booked at the Arlington hotel dinner and show for only 29.30 euro on the south side of the river, Dublin at night is beautiful full of people young and mature? If you one of those people who would love to relax on the main floor at the hotel has many options, two bars, coffee/tea rooms, lunches area, resting area and much more.

Room Tip: Even though the room facing the street, and I slept with the window open you can hardly hear the tra...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your recent review of the Trinity Capital Hotel.

I'm very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We hope to welcome you back soon.