“Great location, decent price, slightly odd”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #51 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Houston, Texas
“Great location, decent price, slightly odd”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I think I agree with most of the other reviewers' comments, both positive and negative.

The location of the Trinity Capital Hotel is excellent, given the price. You're near enough to walk to most Dublin attractions, but not in the crazy middle of it all. I found the staff to be helpful, and the breakfast buffet was great. Though the menu was the same every day, it was tasty, and filling. I never needed lunch after one of these breakfasts.

The downsides: Wireless access was down for more than a day, which was a problem for me. The room I had overlooked the busy street in the front of the hotel, and as others have noted, the only air circulation comes from opening the window. I couldn't sleep with the road noise, so the room got pretty stuffy and warm overnight. Luckily the road wasn't too noisy, when the window was closed.

Overall, not perfect, but pretty good. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: The room I got via travelocity was TINY. When I looked on the fire escape map, I saw it was the tin...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank judyseagram
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Trinity Capital for 4 nights the beginning of July. The location was just fabulous and we were able to walk everywhere in Dublin. When we arrived, the normal room was a bit stuffy with no air conditioning. We switched to an upgraded room with AC which for us was worth the extra price. It was a lovely executive room but we would have preferred the normal room with AC. It would be nice if the hotel had something in between the two rooms. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel so I cannot comment on that. The staff was very helpful. Overall, it was a great stay in Dublin!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Stanley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

trinity capital hotel is beautiful. on arrival we had to wait until 2pm for check in which wasn't a problem. we simply secured our luggage in the hotel and went shopping. the rooms were very nice maybe too hot as the window didn't open much. very comfortable beds. we had our evening meal in the hotel which was very tasty and reasonably priced. the breakfast the next morning was very nice with a buffet style service. staff very helpful. would stay here again. ideally situated not too far from temple bar

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was my first trip to Dublin and I enjoyed the decor of the lobby etc.. However the rooms were stifling hot with no air circulation. I was unable to sleep due to the intensity of the hot weather and the only thing the staff could do to help was bring me a glass of cold water. well meaning , but I left the next day and went to another hotel that had aircon and fans.

Room Tip: go in winter!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was disappointed to read that you had such an uncomfortable stay with us. Unfortunately not all of our bedrooms currently have air conditioning, but we hope to be in a position to remedy this over the coming months.

I do hope that you will consider staying with us at Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Beijing, Beijing, China
Reviewed 11 August 2013

the room was so hot, there was no water or toothpaste. Overall, ok. Wait staff were nice.
The walls were way too purple. Cozy atmosphere fail. When you walk into the foyer you feel like you're on Dragons Den.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tripadvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. As mentioned in alot of our previous reviews our decor is one of our most unique selling points, so I was disappointed to read that you did not like our hotels design, but we thank you for your feedback.

Derby in the UK
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Wow from the moment you stepped in to the foyer I knew I had made a good choice. The hotel is just so much full of charm, charisma, it is bizarre and eccentric but all in a good way, tastefully decorated with an eclectic mix of ornaments and features.
The rooms are quite small, but they are designed in such a way that the hotel utilises the available space to make it comfortable and effective, providing a safe, coffee making facilities and decent hanging space for clothes.
The breakfast was fantastic, typical all you can eat Irish breakfast, in fact the breakfast was so good in terms of quality and value that for the three days we never wanted to venture out to look for an alternative.
The hotel is also very good for a pre or post evening drink, with a great bar and comfortable seating areas, which we always looked forward to ending a night in Dublin with a night cap in the hotel.
From day one until we left all the staff were so polite and helpful who are a credit to the hotel.
Location is very good and central to get to the night life in Dublin, possibly less than 10 minutes to the Temple bar area. The train station is approximately 5 minutes’ walk away, which is ideal to explore other parts of Dublin a bit further afield, to experience the quitter side of life.
The only down side to the hotel is that there is a nice courtyard area, but I wish it was cleaned a bit more regular to get rid of empty plates and discarded cigarettes. That is my only negative point.
In summary a lovely quirky hotel, it’s clean, comfortable, quiet and very nicely located. Staff are fantastic, facilities are excellent and a great breakfast too boot. What more could you ask for.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Chariotchoogle

sydney
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Quirky from the foyer, bar and restaurant, with huge mad hatter chairs and unusual colours of purples and reds which looks great, but the staff are kurt or maybe just unhappy, the rooms (although the beds are nice and big) are stuffy with no air conditioning or even a simple fan, very outdated and need of an update even a bigger open window would of sufficed! Not saying we did not enjoy our stay we did, the bathroom was modernised, and the breakfast very nice and snack we had for dinner too, just needs some extra thought even bedside tables would be good!

• Stayed August 2013