“Very good value, charming and stylish hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Paris, France
“Very good value, charming and stylish hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This hotel is ideally located, quiet but very close to all animated areas. Stylish, odd, but with high standards of service. People available, best quality/price breakfast ever! We've been upgraded to a luxury room at the 6th floor, the view on the Wicklow mountains and the city rooftops was amazing

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank FAB A
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed here for our Son's graduation in Trinity so it was an ideal location. The hotel itself is very clean and has very comfortable beds. The staff are friendly and very efficient and helpful especially at Reception. Nice bar and excellent breakfast. We'll be back

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a great hotel in an extremely convenient location. Tried lunch in the bar and dinner in the restaurant - both really good. The staff are lovely too, so I can't fault anything about this place. Think I've found my new favourite hotel.

• Stayed November 2013

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

My prior perspection was unmatched to my actual experience.
Great staff! , nice rooms, perfect location for any tourist visiting Dublin.
I am from Dublin and this is a hotel who really have moved to international service level! Well done guys - you make Irish people proud again

• Stayed November 2013
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Tripavisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Having stayed in the trinity capital for the previous years Dublin city marathon, we decided to return this year and to bring my parents along as a treat. It's location so close to the starting line makes it an ideal base for race participants.

We decided to pay for both rooms at check in (my parents were arriving later) and as our room wasn't ready yet we headed straight to the marathon expo to pick up my race pack. About an hour later I received a phone call from my father to say that reception staff wanted to take payment details from him. I asked to speak to the receptionist and attempted to explain that the rooms were paid for. She proceeded to interrogate me about the method of payment, amount paid. When I went to take my receipt from my pocket I realised they had given my a printout of my online booking instead. Eventually the misunderstanding was cleared up, not before my parents had been thoroughly mortified in front of other guests

I booked two rooms on a room only rate. Every morning at breakfast before we were seated we had to endure various members of staff demanding payment for breakfast. This was done in front of other guests and the approach of the staff made my parents so uncomfortable that they avoided breakfast on our last day.

After we checked out, we left our bags at reception and went to town for a bite to eat. We got something to take back to the hotel and intended to eat our food in the outdoor dining area. We were interrupted by a staff member who informed that food not purchased on the premises could not be consumed there. That was fair enough, I should have been aware of this. However the manner in which we were approached left a lot to be desired.

I decided to complain to a member of management about our uncomfortable experience and he promised to look into it and get back to me. One week later and not a word. I emailed him and again I outlined my grievances but I'm still awaiting a reply. I'm not holding my breath.

We have stayed in a few top class hotels in our time and what makes the best hotels stand out is their customer service. In this area the trinity capital falls far short. Most of the staff were top class but were let down by a few bad eggs. Given that the manager I spoke to couldn't be bothered to respond to my complaint It probably explains the attitude a few of the staff.

If you're looking for a central location the trinity capital is ideal. Just be prepared to deal with over zealous and in some cases incompetent staff.

• Stayed October 2013
Williamstown, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Old-school traditional hotel with great charm. Great location close to old section of Dublin with many bars and restaurants. Would definitely consider staying here again.

Only complaint is that the temperature is too warm inside.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

On the outside and in the lobby one would expect upgraded rooms, however, they did seem pretty dated. There is a window in the room, but it only opens a few inches and because it's so hot, we dealt with the street noise at night. There was what looked like at one point a skylight in our room over the bed, but it was covered up with some board that had fabric over it...? It made me a little nervous because I didn't know if it led to a room above us or just open sky. We both enjoyed the breakfast buffet in the morning (it was included) and there was a variety to choose from. The hotel staff is friendly and accomodating. The bed was pretty comfortable and we didn't totally overheat after leaving the window open the whole day. If you're just looking for a place to sleep, this is fine.

Room Tip: The higher-end rooms seem to have received the bulk of the upgrades, so if you have the money, I'...