“Great Location”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #47 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We arrived on 27 December for a 2 night stay for my birthday treat. We were late arriving as Dublin airport had been closed in the morning so we got to the hotel at 2.30 pm. Upon arrival the front door was locked and a message displayed saying closed from 23 December till 27 December but will re-open at 3 pm that day. We felt that as we had booked ahead that the hotel should have informed us of the closure as we had bags with us.

We loved the decor of the bedroom but felt is was somewhat dark with poor lighting. We found our room very cold at first and could not work out where the radiator was. We located the radiator behind the heavy curtains so ended up pushing the curtain back over the chair to get warmth into the room. There was also no heating in the bathroom and we would have liked a fridge in our room as we had taken a bottle of champagne with us to celebrate my birthday. There was also no offer of an "ice supply" service in the hotel amenities book.

We would recommend that you go out for breakfast as we found great breakfast cafes at both Kilkenny's for 6 or 8 euro and at the Queen of Tarts for 10 euro both within reasonable walking distance of the hotel. Both supplied gluten free bread as I am a coeliac.

The airport bus is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel and only 10 euros for a round trip. The hotel is centrally located and very close to the bars of Temple Bar and the shops of Grafton Street. Perfect for a few days away.

Room Tip: Don't worry about being on the front as the rooms have 2 lots of double glazing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheAFCWombles
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,555)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I couldn't recommend the Trinity Capital hotel any more highly. We stayed there 3 nights, in one of the executive suite rooms. The room was very large and furnished in a very cool, quirky yet nice way. We loved Dublin and will be returning. No way would we consider staying anywhere else.

I know some reviews have mentioned noise and the rooms being too warm but that wasn't the case for us. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan L

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed at Trinity Capital Hotel for 5 days in a Georgian Suite in mid-November - our first visit to Ireland!

Trinity's service exceeded our expectations from the moment we set foot in the hotel - at 10 AM on the day that we arrived. We were on a redeye flight from Philadelphia and didn't expect for our room to be ready especially on a Friday morning - we were so sure about the backup plan which entailed drinking copious amounts of Irish coffee to keep us awake as we explored Dublin, while waiting for our room. Much to our suprise, a very friendly Olga at the Front Desk informed us that our room was ready upon check-in...as we rolled our luggage through the corridor towards the stairs of the Georgian Suites (these suites do not have lifts), Barry (whom I think is one of the managers) offered to help me with my suitcases up 3 flights of stairs. I knew then that we had chosen the best place to stay in Dublin! :) Everyone we encountered with at the hotel from that point on was just fabulous - including the nice bartender (Spaniard whose name I have forgotten) who allowed us to stay after the lobby bar officially closed in order to finish watching a San Francisco 49er game (we are from San Francisco), well past 1 AM.

The hotel's decor is a great bonus for an art lover like myself - there were so many excellent detail pieces that went with the Georgian Suite we were staying in. I also loved the Chagalls on the hallways and even in our room.

Trinity Capital is centrally located for all things to do in and out of Dublin - it is a short walk to all the bus stops for both local and day tours. It is a stone's throw from Trinity College as well-

The buffet breakfast served daily was always fresh and we took advantage of it - although for as long as we stayed there, I wish I hadn't pre-paid for all the days. I would've loved to have tried other restaurants nearby for breakfast - it got boring to us after the second day...not the hotel's fault of course; the breakfast didn't vary from one day to the next.

I will certainly consider Trinity Capital Hotel again for any future visits to Dublin- I loved that I could walk to everywhere in Dublin from there...and what a pleasant staff they have! Thank you so much for making our first visit to Ireland such a drama-free and memorable experience!!!

p.s. The fact that it is above a fire station never bothered us.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room to diminish street noise, including the fire trucks next door or below...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Room was fantastic and had everything you would need. Bathroom large with great shower. Safe in room. Staff were so friendly at reception and went the extra mile for us. Breakfast was okay, buffet style with plenty of options. Very good location in Dublin.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights, and the hotel was in a good location, easy walking distance to grafton street, and easy to get home from, on foot, late at night! The deco of the hotel is quirky and cool - makes you feel like you are not at home, cool lounge area. Breakfast was ok, some bits not particulary hot, and there is no option to ask for an omlette for example, however, it was a great spread and very enjoyable. I only have two, small criticisms. 1. The room was extraordinarily hot - and there is no temperature control in the room. I hate being cold, and for me it was too warm! (however, I would say better to be hot than cold in my opinion) and 2. Checking in and out - took far too long - it is clear that there will always be more people checking in and out on a Friday & Monday - it is the nature of a hotel in a city & that they will all check out at roughly the same time - so you need to have everyone working on that desk to reduce the wait time to a minimum - I had to wait almost 20 mins to check out - and after such a lovely experience at the hotel, it was a little disappointing.

Room Tip: There are two parts to the hotel - the old part and the new part - if you can get to the old part...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We visited the Trinity back in November and it wasn't as nice as I thought it would be. However my fiancé loved it! Must just depend on your taste as it is decorated strangely and gave me the feeling I was in a gothic/Alice in wonderland film. The room we were allocated was massive but very cold. The bathroom in particular was freezing.
The staff were all very nice and friendly but the hotel wasn't the cosy, comfy place I was looking for. It certainly is in a great location for going out and about.
I wouldn't want to return but my fiancé would! He'll have to go on his own ;-). I don't like being cold in a hotel roo especially after 3 weeks of radiotherapy. We did crank the heating in the room up to top temperature but it didn't make any difference. I think the room needs more heaters for the size of it. The bathroom only had a tiny wall heater which you had to put on for about 3 hours before you could brave going for a bath. The jacuzzi bath was nice and we used it a lot.
We should probably have asked reception to help about the cold. They seemed very nice and helpful. Apart from that it was a nice enough stay.

Room Tip: May be better with a smaller room for more heat.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your time with us. We would always encourage our quests to inform us of any issues with their stay so that we can have the chance to rectify this as quickly as possible.

I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Very convenient to Trinity College. Be prepared to walk with your luggage, (about 7 minute walk) as we did, if you take the Airlink to Trinity College. You only learn by doing, and in retrospect, we should have taken a cab to the hotel. Room was clean and nice for our 2 night stay in Dublin. We requested a fan because our room was too hot and it was delivered with no problem. The bath was nice and clean and suited our needs. Staff was friendly and was a nice introduction to Ireland as it was our first stop over upon arriving. We were able to purchase postage there. We loved the oversized decor of the lobby area! Very funky and fun!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate you mentioning how friendly our staff are, this is something we take great pride in.

I hope we will hav the opportunity to welcome you back to Dublin and Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Kind Regards