“A great stay at Trinity Capital Hotel”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #52 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Melbourne, Australia
“A great stay at Trinity Capital Hotel”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here on the 21st and 22nd of December after a LONG flight from Australia. We were greeted warmly but the ladies on reception and upgraded to a room with a spa for our honeymoon. The room was large and nicely decorated. The bed was huge and very comfortable. The spa was great after a cold day walking the streets. The location of this hotel was perfect for us 5 minute walk from the Temple Bar district and a 3 minute walk from the main entrance to Trinity College. We walked everywhere- to the Guinness Factory, Jameson Factory, O’Connell Street and Grafton Street but we do like to walk! Trinity would be my first choice when staying in Dublin.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Louisiana
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We loved the décor here, and the bar was a fun place to hang out. The bedrooms were small, the bed was just ok, and water pressure was ok. The hotel was clean. The location was pretty good as we were able to walk to most areas rather easily. The only big negative was that the walls are thin and you can hear everything said in the hallway from in your room. While I'm normally a heavy sleeper and this wouldn't bother me, my time clock was off putting me awake in the wee hours of the morning to hear all the noises. For those who are light sleepers, you'd probably be frustrated here. If you're a heavy sleeper, then this place definitely has a nice charm to it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us overall, but I do apologise for the noise issues you experienced. This is not something which our guests normally experience and I will be sure to investigate the reasons for this occurring.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome yo back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in th future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Visited this hotel for 3 nights as a birthday trip to Dublin. Hotel was very easy to find and in a great location with everything within walking distance. Loved the decor of the hotel. Check in was very quick and easy, reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. We were also upgraded to an executive room as it was my birthday which I was so grateful for.
On our last evening we decided to try the restaurant for my birthday meal. Booked a table but as we were running slightly late we called to push back the time by 10 minutes and were told this was fine. On arrival no staff were around, we had to wait 5 minutes for anyone to appear. Finally taken to our table, given menus, then again had to wait a long time for our drink order to be taken. Food order was then taken, including being asked for a dessert order which was strange...the girl seemed taken aback that I wasn't sure if I would want anything. After our starter arriving, this seemed to be the last we saw of any staff - we sat with empty plates and glasses for so long I had to go and find someone myself. When a waitress finally came back I asked if they were short staffed she said yes...unfortunately I wish I had been told that before booking a table - there was also only us and one other couple in the restaurant. Ignoring this the food was absolutely delicious, and I feel very sorry for the chef as the poor service ruined what would have been one of my best meals in a long time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was happy to read that you had a nice weekend in Dubin recently and all at Trinity Capital Hotel wish you a belated very happy birthday!

I was extremely dissapointed to read that you had a such a poor experience in our restaurant. This would certaintly not be the normal experience. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you could be so kind as to contact me at bkennedy@trinitycapital-hotel.com we can discuss it in more detail.

I do hope this has not tarnished your impression of us and I hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the near future.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Kind Regards

Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here as part of a small group last October (2013) and I cannot say enough nice things about the place. The decor is interesting but our room was extremely comfortable and clean. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. The location could not have been more convenient to Trinity College, the trains, and shopping. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Southern England
Reviewed 8 January 2014

As always, I researched very thoroughly before narrowing the choice down to this hotel and The Morgan. I went for Trinity Capital as I liked the look of the décor. It turned out to be a good choice. The hotel looks less tacky than in the photos and the eclectic styling is particularly nice in the bar areas- certainly somewhere you’d enjoy chilling out. It is definitely a modern-looking hotel rather than a classic one, if that appeals to you. The quality is pretty good throughout. The one huge plus of this place over other hotels (which reviews had not pointed out) was the sheer amount of lounging space in the communal areas. It extended from the huge long Reception area to a number of open plan bar areas. This would be ideal if you were meeting friends, had time to kill before or after check-out, or actually to give you a bit of space if travelling with children. When we were there (mid-December) these areas were pretty free so you wouldn’t be disturbing anyone.

The location was fine, though we noticed The Morgan was right on the Temple bar so would have been a bit easier in the evenings. We only had a 10 minute walk back from Temple Bar though, and we were nearer the shopping areas and Trinity College (very close), so it balanced out. Dublin is not a big place anyway.

I did notice that almost everyone who books here gets upgraded (according to a sample of reviews, anyway). I suspect this may be a marketing tactic as- surprise, surprise- we were also ‘upgraded’ and found the room we were ‘upgraded’ to was about as small as a hotel could reasonably get away with. This was not a problem, but do not expect that an upgrade means a huge room as ours was still very much on the small side with not much room to walk around the bed and anything smaller would have been very uncomfortable for more than one night. The room was not as keenly styled as the bars but was modern and nice.

Hotel staff were generally pleasant and efficient, but it’s big hotel and not a ‘luxury’ one as such so you won’t get the family feel here nor be treated like a queen for a day. They can store luggage for you if you arrive early or leave after check-out time. We noticed the location next to the fire station but from inside you would not be aware of that. There is a local shop nearby if you need groceries or water and it seemed to be open quite late.

Overall, I would recommend and return to this hotel as it had a bit more character than the average and everything was to our satisfaction.

Room Tip: Do not expect an upgrade will provide luxury! If you need more space, you will have to pay more.
1 Thank Rubiachica

Grafenwohr, Germany
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel. It was beautiful on the inside. We stayed here for 3 days in december. We walked every where from this hotel. It is truly walkin distance to almsot everything. The staff were vary helpful and we were able to check in at 9am on the day of arrival.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Stayed at the hotel from 30/12/13-4/1/14. Upon arrival received a complimentary upgrade to an Executive suite. The rooms were spotless with excellent facilities and the staff could not have been more polite and helpful. The bar and restaurant are also excellent and very good value for money. The hotel is located in a location which is easy to find and within walking distance of the centre of Dublin and Temple street. There is nothing that I can fault about our stay and if returning to Dublin will be looking to stay at Trinity Capital once more.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
MAKH77, Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for your recent review of Trinity Capital Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Trinity Capital Hotel again in the future.