“HOUSE KEEPING LET IT DOWN”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Derby in the UK
“HOUSE KEEPING LET IT DOWN”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my second visit to Trinity based on the fact that last time was such a perfect stay. Whilst its still a great hotel, close to everything, great staff, nice rooms and a good hearty breakfast, I've had to knock it down one star from the point of view of poor house keeping. Two days running the rooms were not cleaned until 4:00PM which after a days sightseeing wasn't really fair that we should be hanging about to go in to our rooms. The ladies work their socks of so don't get me wrong, but when you have five staff at reception doing nothing, in the words of Alex Polizzi "get your finger out and help out darling". Of course I will go back next year, but please improve the time taken to clean the rooms. And bring back the Buddha's

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Chariotchoogle
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Chariotchoogle,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I have shared your comments with our Accommodation team and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. However, I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Yours sincerely,
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We recently stayed here for 3 days July 18,19,20, on the last leg of our 11 Day tour of Ireland. On whole we had no complaints. The rooms are a bit tight, yet all is clean, & comfortable. The Decor is, as another reviewer called it Quirkey... lots of purple and the lobby furniture is interesting... like a cross between Alice and wonderland and Prince...? But that made it interesting. Again the rooms, were decent. The Hotel did thier best to make folks comfortable during the "heatwave", as the hotel does not have A/C. They cheerfully delivered fans to our room apon request along w/a large pitcher of Ice water w/lemon, How nice. The Breakfast was OK... we had better thru the week. The front desk staff, & all staff we came in contact with were polite, & professional. The Location is great. Near many tourist and shopping and party locales.
I would recommend this hotel without a doubt...
As far as a room recommendation... we were happy with our room which overlooked the front of the hotel & Pearse street. Some from our group had rear facing rooms which were overlooking the Fire House training facilities... but no one complained to much ...

Again... It was a nice stay & at a great location and very nice staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank James M
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear James M,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us so comprehensively.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. We endeavour to provide our guests with as relaxing a stay as possible and I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time.

Yours sincerely,
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Trinity City Hotel on my own, one night passing through Dublin. The service was very good. I had booked a deluxe room and got a gloomy, dated (?) room overlooking the back of the fire brigade.. But there was no problem changing it to a bright room overlooking the courtyard (much nicer). I also asked for a fridge as there wasnt any in the rooms and got a fridge delivered. Had dinner in the bar by the courtyard and was satisfied. The wine was also very good. I would recommend this hotel to my friends because of its great location (5 mins walk from grafton str), nice interior and good service. It felt almost like a very luxurious hotel but for a reasonable cost.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Alexandra R
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Hi Alexandra R,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and it is great to hear the team accommodated your requests. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you or your friends back again to us in Dublin.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It is a nice hotel located 5 minutes walk to the Trinity College's main entrance, Grafton Street and Temple Bar. The hotel is in a building beside the fire department. The reception area and rooms are finely decorated. There was a complimentary fast wireless internet connection. The breakfast was mediocre.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Hi ISMETCENGIC,

Glad you had a pleasant stay with us and yes we are very proud of our 200mb Fibre Connection within the hotel. I do hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us at Trinity City Hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights and thought it was great. We had a family suite, which consisted of two bedrooms and two baths. The room was great except the only windows were skylights. Despite the size, I felt a bit claustrophobic without a regular window. That being said, the hotel was great, breakfast was the best we had our whole trip. Great location to everything. Loved it!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bambam2003
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Hi bambam2003,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team. Glad you enjoyed our suite but i do take your other comments on board and its great to see you loved our breakfast selection. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Ireland.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was quite impressed with this hotel and the generous room size! The opulence was nice and it's in heart of Dublin and easy to get around. Hotel staff very responsive and courteous and the restaurant food is real good as well (their soups are excellent!).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Deepti D
Hi Deepti D,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and also to our Head Chef about your comments on how you enjoyed the soup. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Ireland.

dundalk
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my boyfriend on a recent trip to Dublin and I can honestly say I loved every minute. The hotel is beautiful inside. The rooms are clean and very spacious. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I would love to stay here again and would recommend it to everyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi DundalkLovinfood,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming your boyfriend and yourself back again to us in Dublin.