“Fantastic bed!”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stopped in one of Tara Executive Rooms and had a really good 4 night stay. The bed was fantastic and we had a great night's sleep. The room was spacious and well appointed. Make sure to follow other reviewers tips about booking a room with air conditioning as the hotel does get warm. Great location and only a short stroll to most of central Dublin's attractions. We would definitely use this hotel again on our next trip to the city.

Stayed: August 2014
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed our Tara Bedrooms.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for Trinity City Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in July. The hotel was nice and clean and the location was brilliant for visiting the city center as well as only being a short bus journey to the airport. The bar was nice and the breakfast was as you would expect from a buffet breakfast. I did feel the amenities in the room (or rather lack of) let this hotel down. The room was small and this was a deluxe room so I wouldn't like to have seen the standard room. A great hotel for a short city break in an ideal location as long as you don't plan to spend a great deal of time in the hotel.

Hi citybreaker187,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for your feedback about our rooms. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us for a city break in Dublin.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked this at the last minute. There was only one room left and unfortunately was right on the top floor. My husband has bad legs and we didn't realise there was no lift. Once in the room we were very comfortable. The bed was comfortable with fresh clean linen. Plenty of storage space. The was bathroom was clean with plenty of lovely white towels. The breakfast in the morning was cooked on ordering and was very nice. My husband had a cooked breakfast which he enjoyed and I had the continental style which was very good. The hotel was very close to all the tourist attractions. The only fault we thought was it was a shame there was no bar which we could relax in although there was a good bar across the road from the hotel. Parking was very close to the hotel and they gave you a good discount for the payment. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose the top floor if you are disabled or have bad legs or back as there is no lift
2  Thank Kathy640

Hi Kathy640,

Glad you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our breakfast selection. Surprised you didn't find our bar as it is a great spot to relax and enjoy a drink in the evening but please avail of it the next time you join us. I do hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to us at the hotel.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Stayed in the Trinity City Hotel Recently and as a Single Traveller was allocated a Box Room.

When, I opened the door it was like walking into a microwave oven. You could not move around, had a small single bed and roof lights and not possible to allow any air to circulate.

I picked up my bags and went back to reception to explain that it was not possible to stay in that room.

I must admit that the lady was very helpful and allocated me another room, with a double bed and that I was able to walk around the room and the window did open some of the way and there was a also a fan to cool the room somewhat.

I have no complains about this room

I must further add the décor of the hotel "purple doors and corridors" is most stupid and cannot think how anyone would decorate a hotel like this.

Next Food: I proceed to the bar to have something to eat. The bar man was foreign and not very friendly. The order was taken and the chicken burger was Excellent.

I then orders Crème Brule for dessert. This was terrible, there was a burned crust of about half inch thick on top. The staff put it on the table and left.

After asking many times to speak to the Restaurant Manager, a lady arrived and was most pleasant and professional and fully acknowledged that was presented to me was terrible. She offered to have it replaced, which I refused and she very kindly offered a drink or tea or coffee for free, which I also declined, because my purpose of complaint was to highlight and not to be seen to be looking for something free of charge.

The dessert was deducted from my bill and I paid and went back to my room after another bad experience.

Breakfast on the first morning was very good, but breakfast on the second morning was very poor. - undercooked sausages and the porridge was like water (could not eat it) the previous morning it was Excellent.

This hotel, urgently need to upgrade and start with the Chefs in the kitchen. Also need friendly bar staff.

I want to state that all staff at reception were very professional and so was the Dining Room Manager.

I will certainly not stay at the Trinity Capital Again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Group T

Hi Group T,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us, which I was disappointed to read.

I am very disappointed that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us. I would appreciate, if there are further details, to contact me at the hotel keith.boyle@trinitycityhotel.com.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my second visit to Trinity based on the fact that last time was such a perfect stay. Whilst its still a great hotel, close to everything, great staff, nice rooms and a good hearty breakfast, I've had to knock it down one star from the point of view of poor house keeping. Two days running the rooms were not cleaned until 4:00PM which after a days sightseeing wasn't really fair that we should be hanging about to go in to our rooms. The ladies work their socks of so don't get me wrong, but when you have five staff at reception doing nothing, in the words of Alex Polizzi "get your finger out and help out darling". Of course I will go back next year, but please improve the time taken to clean the rooms. And bring back the Buddha's

4  Thank Chariotchoogle
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Chariotchoogle,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I have shared your comments with our Accommodation team and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. However, I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We recently stayed here for 3 days July 18,19,20, on the last leg of our 11 Day tour of Ireland. On whole we had no complaints. The rooms are a bit tight, yet all is clean, & comfortable. The Decor is, as another reviewer called it Quirkey... lots of purple and the lobby furniture is interesting... like a cross between Alice and wonderland and Prince...? But that made it interesting. Again the rooms, were decent. The Hotel did thier best to make folks comfortable during the "heatwave", as the hotel does not have A/C. They cheerfully delivered fans to our room apon request along w/a large pitcher of Ice water w/lemon, How nice. The Breakfast was OK... we had better thru the week. The front desk staff, & all staff we came in contact with were polite, & professional. The Location is great. Near many tourist and shopping and party locales.
I would recommend this hotel without a doubt...
As far as a room recommendation... we were happy with our room which overlooked the front of the hotel & Pearse street. Some from our group had rear facing rooms which were overlooking the Fire House training facilities... but no one complained to much ...

Again... It was a nice stay & at a great location and very nice staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank James M
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear James M,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us so comprehensively.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay. We endeavour to provide our guests with as relaxing a stay as possible and I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Trinity City Hotel on my own, one night passing through Dublin. The service was very good. I had booked a deluxe room and got a gloomy, dated (?) room overlooking the back of the fire brigade.. But there was no problem changing it to a bright room overlooking the courtyard (much nicer). I also asked for a fridge as there wasnt any in the rooms and got a fridge delivered. Had dinner in the bar by the courtyard and was satisfied. The wine was also very good. I would recommend this hotel to my friends because of its great location (5 mins walk from grafton str), nice interior and good service. It felt almost like a very luxurious hotel but for a reasonable cost.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Alexandra R
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hi Alexandra R,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and it is great to hear the team accommodated your requests. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you or your friends back again to us in Dublin.

Thank you again for your kind words.