“Perfect location”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #50 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Great location for this hotel and just off the main streets making it a bit quieter. We could walk to everything - very close to all major tourist sites and Temple Bar area.

Rooms very small but clean.

Staff very friendly and helpful.

Breakfast decent but very busy, had to line-up for a table in the morning.

Would stay here again - mainly because of the location!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hi Nicki S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us and glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us as well as our location to the city.

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Ireland.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Trinity City Hotel

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Not a bad hotel, not a great hotel. Rooms were small. No air conditioning. People were friendly and the location was great for walking to see the sights. The decor was a little weird. The whole hotel was purple. There was a store right around the corner for coffee and other things witch was nice.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kurt D,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I am very disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and the hotel wasn't to your taste. We do at the moment have 100 bedrooms out of 198 bedrooms with A/C and the rest coming on board soon.

In the meantime, should you wish to share any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel but I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us again in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We recently stayed for three nights on a room only basis. We stayed in a courtyard room, which although not overly large, was sufficient for the few nights we were there. The facilities were excellent, and the bed very comfortable. The only criticism I would have is that storage space was at a minimum. There was hanging space for clothes, but only a couple of shelves to store folded clothing or underwear - I would have liked a couple of drawers to put things away in.
Having only brought hand luggage, the toiletries were very welcomed and were replenished each day - as was tea, coffee and milk.
The hotel itself is not of traditional decor, and is quite quirky which adds to its appeal. The fact that it appears to be a 5 minute walk to most of the attractions within the City is another bonus.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Swizzie84,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay with us and your comments on our bedrooms. I will pass them on to the team. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Dublin.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2014

As far as city hotels go - this is my favourite.

Upfront a big draw back is no swimming pool but leaving that aside its a great hotel.

I have used it about 4 times a year for the last 7 years for work and I have never had a complaint or bad stay.

The location is good, very near Trinity College (Book of Kells etc) and easy walking to Temple Bar and Grafton street (5-7 mins walk).
The street isnt the nicest looking street and there is a fire station next door.

However what I love about this hotel is its uniqueness in style!
Its a dark, sultry moody hotel. Low bass-heavy music in the lobby with plush dark purple velvet seats surrounded by oversized Arabian lanterns.

I think the hotel has been added to over time so in essence its 3 hotels in 1.
parts are accessed from lifts and others are by walking through archways and up stairs.
There are many kinds of rooms - standard right up to deluxe suits and thanks to compliementary upgrades I have stayed in most of them. All feel like indvidually styled to the highest standard.
Last night I was upgraded to the Georgian Suite - amazingly large with huge bed, sitting room large bath room suite.
Other rooms have jacuzzi baths etc. Tea & Coffee standard in all rooms.

The bar is great and also has a centre out door garden which is adhorned with oversized statues making you feel like Alice in Wonderland.

Buffet Breakfast has everything, great selection. I have eaten dinner there a couple of times and while the food isnt Mitchellin Star its very good and when compared to most Dublin city Hotels it's great.
To be honest though if you staying here, head into the city and find 1 of the many great resturants around.

Summer if VERY BUSY in this hotel so book ahead. Its popular hotel with our American visitors so be patient if you get stuck behind a coach load of them waiting to be seated for breakfast!

Rates are resonable and equal to many other lesser standard hotels in the city. For business, a couples break or as a base for site seeing / shopping......highly recommended

Room Tip: It is located next door to a large Fire Station and I been woken by an alarm on occaision so ask for...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sarah W,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us so comprehensively.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments. I must say it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did and thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post it; we all greatly appreciate it. Your words are extremely encouraging and have given the entire team a big boost.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and please say hello on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I spent 3 weeks at the Trinity City so feel I can give a warts and all opinion. I loved my extended stay, ALL the staff, from the front door to the room cleaners and everyone in between were really wonderful so helpful in many ways There was nothing that was too much trouble. The breakfasts were really tasty, I was spoilt for choice. The courtyard garden was an oasis in the city centre such a pleasure to end the day there. I had a room facing the fire station and I only heard a short announcement once. The only negative was they ran out of my favourite gin (I only had two) but the positive side I got introduced to a new gin which has now become my favourite When I next visit Dublin I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear marie h,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay so much and glad the guys in the bar introduced you to a new gin.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I went to the Trinity City Hotel yesterday evening with a group of friends for a light bite to eat and a few drinks. It is a beautiful place and the staff are so professional and friendly. It's a venue that I'll be returning to again. Thank you to the staff .

Room Tip: I didn't stay in the hotel, but can recommend the bar restaurant.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Dublin Happy_tripper,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here. Your words are extremely encouraging and have given the entire team a big boost.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The hotel is in the heart of the city. For a European hotel, this is pretty good. Rooms are in many categories. I had the Tara rooms that are really spacious for European standards. Attitude and service was good. Stayed couple of nights.

The breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired. Very little selection and very few people helping. Refilling the juices or breads itself was not happening on time.

Overall, I give it a 3.5. Mostly for the size of the room - I was expecting a really small one like in most european hotels.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear WorldtravellerKNH,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I have shared your comments with our Breakfast team. However, I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay and especially our Tara bedroom.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.