“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #50 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Sydney,Australia
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Looking on tripadvisor i didn't know what to expect of this purple hotel but was pleasantly surprised by it ,seemd quiet locaion but close to city, staff were helpful luckily we were away from fire station so didn't bother us,after being out and about all day it was good to have dinner there had it 2 nights and both times enjoyed it ,didn't have breakfast there so can't comment, room seemed ample size love having wifi in room and liked big towels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kcivk
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear kcivk,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay so much and particularly your dinner with us on 2 nights.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Wonderfully unique decor in Reception, bar and restaurant areas. However, room was basic but comfortable. Staff extremely polite and helpful. We had lunch in the dining area and both my meal and my husbands meal was delicious.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shezke
TrinityCityHotel, Deputy General Manager at Trinity City Hotel, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Hi Shezke,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. Great to read you enjoyed our dining options too in the hotel. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Ireland.

Grand Island, Florida
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We visited Dublin for the UCF Penn State football game and stayed here for our second time to Dublin. The name changed due to a change in ownership, but quality stayed the same high level. Our room and bathroom were clean and comfortable. A full Irish breakfast was included in our price,both food and service were as expected. The lobby and bar areas are well appointed and comfortable with various seating areas scattered about. The staff was very friendly and professional. We also chose this hotel because of its location, two blocks from the Temple Bar area and Dublin Bus Hop On Hop Off stop, and across from Trinity College. I recommend Trinity City Hotel as a viable option for pleasure or business.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi brad_weber,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us and glad you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us for the second time.

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have you the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Ireland.

Kippax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

What a contrast to the standard corporate hotel chains.

From the entrance with oversized purple velvet chairs to exposed brick work in bedrooms, the Trinity City Hotel is not you standard business hotel.

The standard rooms are clean and functional with small pieces of ddesign flair, however get and upgrade. And experience anything from a balcony overlooking a courtyard bar with fake animals to mirrored bathrooms with double Jacuzzi.

All the hotel is spotless, the staff friendly and the bar is welcoming.

The location of the hotel is excellent within 5 minutes walk of the iconic Temple Bar Area

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AdrianJMurphy
Dear AdrianJMurphy,

Thank you so much for your review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Don't be mislead by some of the pictures. This is a much more modern upscale hotel.

The hotel is within easy walking distance of the Temple Area and Trinity. Yet it is out of the way of a lot of the noise and bustle of the party crowd. The staff are pleasant and helpful. The rooms are comfortable, but not spacious. We think the price for room during special events is very high for what you get.

On the good news-bad news side, it is next door to a firehouse and police station. Not a problem for me, but could be for others.

Stayed August 2014
Hi Dale L,

I have already passed on your kind words to the team and they join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to us in Dublin.

Limavady, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I just returned from a 3 night stay at the trinity city, and must say we had a wonderful wkend.
We stayed on a breakfast included option although the food was delicious and plentiful, we found on our first morning we were shown to our table and wen we went to serve our food to which they run out of baked beans.. On our return to our table we had an American lady telling us off for taking her table which obviously the staff had made an error and placed us both there. So had to put up with dirty looks from the American lady throughout breakfast. I think there needs to be a better system put in place to prevent this as it happened again on our 3rd morning.
Our room was very clean and comfortable but not quite as nice as the rooms shown on the website we had fresh towels daily and bed linen was changed after the 2nd night. Our room looked out into the fire station which after reading reviews before booking I'd decided wouldn't bother me too much but found that a 7 o'clock siren alarm clock was a bit of a pain.
The biggest plus point of the hotel is the location.. Literally 5 min walk to the city centre which meant we never had to use the public transport. That in itself would make me choose this hotel again.
I wouldn't say it's the perfect hotel for 4stars I think I expected too much, but it's is a quirky clean friendly centrally located hotel with a tasty breakfast and I would return but request a room not overlooking the fire station!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mary M,

Thank you for the review following your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I have shared your comments with our breakfast team and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. However, I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all other aspects of your stay.

I hope we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Warm and friendly service throughout stay. Breakfast was very good with a large selection. Dinner was a disappointingly lack lustre affair and to be honest we had much better food in the Temple bar area. Wouldn't dine here again. Rooms were OK but only average and looked much more promising in photos. Very clean and comfortable though. Would I stay again, possibly at a push.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Dave M
Hi Dave M,

Thank you very much for your review following your stay with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay but I am disappointed to read your comments on dinner. Should you wish to share any other feedback, please don’t hesitate to contact me at the hotel but I hope the experience will not deter you from revisiting us again in the future.