“An Enjoyable Stay!”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #47 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 30 July 2009

So, yes, the hotel is right above the fire station and it can be noisy, particularly in the morning. However, the hotel itself is modern, clean and comfortable. It is also just a few minutes walk from all of the action. It was nice to be a few minutes away from the bars, because it can be quite loud at night with all of the bar patrons.

The rooms here were perfectly sized and although they don't have air conditioning, we were comfortable with the window open. We asked for a room at the back of the hotel to help with the noise of the fire station and they were able to accommodate us.

A major convenience is the free airport shuttle. That saved us a lot of money. The Paddywagon was on time both days that we used it and the drivers were very helpful with baggage.

We really liked this hotel and would stay here again!

Other recommendations: Definitely go to the Auld Dubliner in Temple Bar around 5pm. AWESOME live music...just what we pictured Dublin to be like. The whole bar was singing and just having a blast! The food was excellent too!
-You should also visit The Brazen Head Pub - the oldest pub in Ireland - pretty cool sight to see and it is filled with locals just having a pint (or two or three:)

1  Thank kimp0531
Write a ReviewReviews (3,580)

Reviewed 29 July 2009

The hotel is located right across from Trinity College and very close to major shopping and touristy areas in Dublin. It is right next door to a fire station, though, and my window looked out onto the area where all of the firetrucks park. Apparently it is necessary to constantly run the firetrucks, ring various alarms, and operate the firetruck ladders (which are loud), since that went on every night pretty much all night both nights I was there. I had to have my window open because it was hot and there is no AC (which is to be expected in Europe, so not a big deal).

The room itself was small and the entire hotel was very dark. This made me feel like it was dirty, since you couldn't really see how clean anything was. The lobby, hallways, elevator, and even the room was very dim. It wasn't the greatest environment for trying to get any work done.

The website makes it look much cooler and funkier than it actually is. The crazy furniture isn't all that impressive in person. I would have liked more light and less velvet everywhere.

The front desk staff weren't terribly friendly, which was odd because I have always found Irish people to be super friendly in general. Overall I would not recommend this hotel for business travelers, or for anyone that is a light sleeper.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Good:
- Staff was very friendly, competent, helpful.
- Location is very good, equidistant between Grafton St, Temple Bar, and Henry St.
But the Pearse street traffic is heavy and noisy.
- Room was clean, odor-free, and everything in it worked.
- Free newspapers downstairs every day.

Bad:
- Not cheap.
- Free airport shuttle bus doesn't have hotel name on it, and no one told us
the name of the bus, so we couldn't find it, and had to pay for a bus.
- Lots of traffic noise (ours was an "outer" room; "inner" rooms would be quieter).
- No air-conditioning, so when you close windows against the traffic noise,
room can get a little stuffy. But you can get a free fan from the porter.
- No ventilation fan in the bathroom. Made bathroom damp and contributed to
stuffiness in room.
- Breakfast not included.

Reviewed 26 July 2009

The hype about the location is true: you're just a block or so from Trinity College and the Book of Kells, only a 5 minute walk from Grafton St, and a 10 - 15 minute walk from the fun of Temple Bar (also, you're about a 15-minute walk the other direction from Hanover Quay, where U2's studio is located).

The lobby was cool (funky in a good way) and the rooms were very nice and moden (do note: there is no air-conditioning). We didn't notice any noise, though we had requested a room facing the courtyard, away from the firehouse. Good bed, good bathroom, fine service, reasonable rates. They also have a shuttle bus from the airport that runs every two hours, though the timing didn't work out for us to use it. Still, we took a very easy (and cheap) ride on the AirCoach bus to reach downtown. And, of course, Dublin is wonderful! We'd stay here again.

Reviewed 24 July 2009

This was the best hotel I stayed at during my one month trip to Europe. Firstly we got upgraded to a Suite, Suite 7. The horrible part was there was no elevator for our 2 heavy heavy heavy suitcases but it was a Suite. Don't know why we got upgraded but it was a great hotel and very easy to find after taking the Shuttle bus down from the airport to downtown.

Good location, very good service although one of the plasma tv's in the room was broken and noone came to fix it eventho I mentioned it to the receptionist. There were 2 tv's in our room so that was okay - one in front of the bed and one in the living room area!

The hotel is very unique compared to other hotels and I loved the creativity put into it. The purple, reds, pinks. Makes the hotel very welcoming and warm. Best part for me was the duvet/blanket. I dont know what exactly it was but it was the single most comfortable sheets I have ever slept in when it comes to hotels! I need to ask them what they are because I realllly want to buy one myself.

The hotel is 5-10 mins walk from Temple Bar where there are restaurants pubs and bars. I chose this hotel due to all the reviews on trip advisor and so I gave it a try. I usually stick to international brands but this time I chose a local hotel and it was a good choice. Thank you to all the reviews before this that helped me pick this hotel!

No complaints at all. A fantastic experience for me for a first time in Dublin, Ireland!

Reviewed 21 July 2009

After doing a lot of research on hotels in Dublin, this was one of my top picks and after getting a really good deal, we booked it, and were very happy with the choice. We arrived before check in (9:12am), and the room was ready. Smooth check in process, nice personnel. Gave us a map of the city, explained some things. The décor was vibrate and fun. The room was smallish, but very nice. You had to leave your key card in a slot in the wall for the lights to work, which was a first for us. Also the hair dryer was in the desk, another first. The beds were very comfortable, which was the most important thing to us. Great location, just down the way from Trinity College and a Hop on Hop Off Bus stop. We were able to rent a power converter because the one we brought didn't work. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2009

I stayed a total of three nights at Trinity Capital but had I known the room was going to be as hot and noisy as it was, I would have looked elsewhere. The hotel is beautiful and the staff outstanding but you will not get a quiet nights sleep. The fire department is next door and well Fireman don't sleep on the night shift. I will say that they changed my room after the second night to a much cooler room but the Fireman didn't go away. If you sleep like a log this is the place for you but if you need the room to be cool then forget it. Overall I would recommend it because of the staff being so help and accommodating.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family