“Great location at a reasonable price”
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #45 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 11 November 2009

Wife and I just spent 6 nights, Oct. 26- Nov. 1, in Dublin at the Trinity Capital Hotel. The location was perfect for getting around the main tourist hotspots. It was an easy walk to Temple Bar, O' Connell Street area, Grafton Street, etc. The hotel sits next to and on top of a fire station but we never heard any noise from the sirens. Our room was a little on the small side but it was decorated nicely and kept clean although it did seem to stay a little warm but after requesting a fan from the desk it was perfect. I did think the prices in the restaurant were high but that seems to be normal for any hotel restaurant. The one thing I really didn't like is that they charged 70 cents a minute for local calls. I would definitely recommend Trinity Capital to anyone visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SaltyDog67
Write a ReviewReviews (3,583)

Reviewed 10 November 2009

Spent three nights in this hotel with a mate in November 2009. Got a good deal on booking.com, approx 270 Euro /3 nights (excluding breakfast).
From all the photos I saw on Tripadvisor I was wondering what the deco would look like with the "egyptian colonial style" in a modern hotel but went for it because of the central location.

We got a quite small room on the 5th floor facing the back of the hotel, very quite and nicely decorated (less crazy stuff compared to the reception area which was a bit too charged to my liking). The shower was lacking some pressure and the window was left open at night because of the heat. Therefore I believe these rooms can be very hot in summer...

The first morning we had breakfast in the hotel. The quality was very bad and felt like a very bad deal (10E/pers), despite the 5E reduction we got the previous night. At 15E it would have been a complete rip-off.

Location is great, we walked everywhere, even as far as the Guinness brewery and Camden street at night. If it's raining a Taxi might be tempting though.

All in all the Trinity Capital is a very centrally located, clean hotel which I could easily recommend if the price is right. Go somewhere else for breakfast though...

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2009

This hotel was booked after reading all the reviews and we were not disappointed. I had read that there was a fire station beneath a wing of the hotel, which is true, but the noise was minimal and unintrusive. We booked an upgrade to a kingsize room for a bit more space and the room we were given was a Tara room. It was very spacious and ecclectically decorated which we loved. The bed itself was massive and very comfortable, a rare thing in a hotel! There was great air conditioning and a big TV screen with lots of channels to choose from. The bathroom didn't have a bath but had a large shower. Other reviews had mentioned a lack of power in the shower and small towels which I thought was odd, but when you have to actually deal with these it is logical to mention them. The shower did not have any power which was annoying when rinsing your hair and the towels were hardly big enough to go round me or my boyfriend and it's not as though we are big people. There was complimentary shampoo, conditioner and handsoap enough for one but no showergel, which in a hotel of this calibre was a bit strange. Other than these things it was an extremely pleasant stay, the bar was a bit cheaper than having a drink in the city centre and the location was great, a very short walk to Grafton Street and Temple Bar. The thing which stands out most about this hotel is the decor, rich and colourful, almost eastern or Egytian in theme it makes for a cosy and inviting stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2009

My partner and I stayed at the Trinity Capital for 3 nights on the back of a conference that I was attending in Dublin and we wanted something central and good value. I've been known to scour sites like this to find the perfect place, and there was a lot to live up to. We absolutely loved the hotel. Marvellous decor, lovely bathrooms, and very comfortable beds. Although the entrance area is visually stunning, you do get a little hint that it is the price that it is. We stayed in the Courtyard area on the back of the comments that I'd already read and this was a good choice. The bedrooms are on the small side, but to be honest, at this price, that was not a problem and I have stayed in smaller! The breakfast is OK, not great, but I did like the small touches like the fact that they cooked poached eggs specially for us each morning. We thoroughly enjoyed it, and my partners says this will be our base every time we are in Dublin.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank buttles
Reviewed 5 November 2009

Quirky little hotel that I would stay at again! The staff were super helpful, décor great and the food was nicely done. We happened to stay there only for one night, but found the hotel quiet and the bed super restful. Bathrooms were very large… and just overall the place was comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 October 2009

This hotel was amazing! Beautiful decor and comfortable rooms. Convenient location to shopping and the Temple Bar District.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank GermaineL
Reviewed 19 October 2009

Stayed 2 nights at the Trinity Capital having gotten a great rate via their website. The great rate included airport shuttle via Paddywagon. After waiting at the airport for almost an hour, the bus drive informed us the service was no longer provided. Out of the goodness of his heart he took us, as well as another two couples. We did speak with the manager and were compensated nicely.

The hotel is in a great location near Trinity College and easy walking to anywhere. The room itself was a little small, but we didn't spend much time in it, so no problem. Nice modern bathroom. Great decor abounds. Had a room on the top floor facing the courtyard and were not bothered by noise.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple