“So Much Better Than Expected!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trinity City Hotel

Trinity City Hotel
Ranked #51 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Redcar, United Kingdom
“So Much Better Than Expected!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Just got back today from a bank holiday weekend away in dublin with my boyfriend for his 25th birthday....as a young couple we wanted to be right in the middle of all the action but far enough away so it wasnt too noisy!
when reading the reviews on this website i had mixed thoughts of how the hotel was going to be, but what im writing on here is a totally honest and realistic opinion!
The hotel is a 5 minute walk from all the main streets and the temple bar area. The hotel is next door to a big fire station, when i first saw the fire station i thought ohhh no what have i let myself in for! But honestly, the noise didnt really exist! I totally forgot that we were next door to a fire station you only hear an engine horn every few hours and that is all! When we first walked into the hotel reception i was shocked! The photos that are on the internet of the hotel really really do not do it any justice, it is soooo much nicer in real life! It is a quirky boutique hotel, with people of all ages there! Our room was very nice, bright and new, a very clean bathroom, with clean towels everyday, the only bad point is my boyfriend likes 2 pillows but there was only one each but im sure if we asked at reception we would of been given another 1! There is a kettle with tea and coffee in the room, and a big tele that has free english tv on!
Im a very very fussy eater and was a bit unsure about how the breakfast would be, but when i seen how clean the open kitchen was and the tables & cuttelry were i tucked right into my breakfast which i was spoilt fo choice with, there was white & brown bread to toast, scones, crossiants, fresh fruit, every fresh juice you could want, cereals, cheese's hot buffet breakfast which was so delicious you could really tell that it wasnt cheap food!
Overall if you are considering staying at the Trinity Capital Hotel, I would highly reccomend it, I would go back tommorrow!!!! A truely quirkly trendy hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

Travelled here for a 2 day meeting at UCD with colleagues.Room was good HOWEVER it seems that rooms face only 2 ways either overlooking the firestation or overlooking the main road.Be mindful that this will not provide the best nights sleep either way.Having said that the hotel is just lovely, rooms are clean, communal areas are just lovely and a bit quirky and the staff are just fabulous and very hard working. Close to shopping and pubs and most of what Dublin has to offer. Would I stay here again, ther answer to that has to be most definately yes.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Stayed here 3 times and still think it is my favourite hotel in Dublin. Last time we even got upgraded to a suite and the room was HUGE. Location is FAb, The Interior is really original, The hotel and bar are lovely. I just cannot wait to book a trip to Dublin again so as I can stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Anna Sinead L
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2010

I recently stayed at the Trinity and was surprised by the negative reviews.
We found the staff very helpful, we arrived early and the concierge very graciously held our luggage and even got us into our room early. The staff was gracious, friendly and always helpful.
Timing, I guess, is everything in regard to temperature, it was still cool in April and we had no problems with the heat. As to the noise, we noticed none at all, but then, after walking all day in Dublin for the nights of our stay, we were out as soon as our heads hit the pillow.
My teenage daughter was enthralled by the decor, it looked as if Tim Burton had decorated, and we enjoyed the whimsy, corsets used to hold back the curtains and something to look at in every corner.
I found the breakfast a good start to the day, I do not know what other patrons expected, but compared to others I have had, it was quite good.
The location is wonderful, we found it very easy to get around Dublin from the hotel, as the friend I traveled with had a handicap, it proved quite convenient.
I would certainly return to the Trinity Capital for a future stay and recommend it enthusiastically to anyone considering a trip to Dublin.

Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
co.londonderry
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2010

arrival was uninspiring with one receptionist coping with long queue. Room at courtyard
was small but serviceable - until night brought a cacophony of air con blasts from adjacent building, and closed window produced sauna conditions, My complaint was dealt with sympathetically next a.m and were moved to better upgraded room. Can't
understand why 1st room was provided since I requested a quiet room - are all standard rooms like this?
All staff were very friendly and helpful and breakfast was of a good standard.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank robbies01
Belfast,Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2010

The Trinity Capital from the outside is unremarkable and if you were not aware of it you would most probably walk straight past. However, inside is a different story! The lobby and bar area are an eclectic decor, a mix between Alice In wonderland and Arabian nights-very plush. We had booked a family room which was lovely. Spacious, clean and modern it made for two very comfortable nights. The location beside trinity college is ideal as all Dublin. 's visitor attractions are within 5 minutes walking distance. The only negative I would mention is the rooms are not air conditioned, but let's face it, this is Ireland and unless you're fortunate enough to stay during our two days of summer this wouldn't really be a problem. Opening windows on a balmy night can be a problem as the bell in next doors fire station went off several times. Breakfast is not included but the hotel is currently running an offer were you can eat breakfast for 9.95 euro. The buffet has a good selection of cooked and continental style fare. I regularly visit Dublin and have stayed in many different hotels. I have to say for value for money, comfort and location this hotel is hard to beat! A hidden gem and one I'll definitely be visiting again!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

I stayed here with my partner for a long weekend. It is a hidden jewel!

On first arrivals you will see it is something from the medieval period, with really impressive furniture in lobby, chill out area’s.

Our room was very spacious, the bed was very comfy. All mod cons! LCD TV, Internet, Phone etc. Fresh towels/ Tea/ Coffee every day.

My only crisim of this hotel is I sleep with my window open, as my room was facing the back area (loading bay) / Fire Station – we were regularly awoken by the noise of Trinity’s Neighbours!. Of course if you close your window you will hear nothing as they have double glazing!.

There was also no free transfer bus to the airport as promised in the booking, we were instructed to wait at a bus stop one mile away and pay… hmm!

The bar is very expensive (£18 for two spirits and 1 coke)… even more expensive then temple bar area (£15 for two spirits and 1 coke).

If you want to drink cheap and eat at resonible cost, travel from the city centre (temple bar) to out lying areas, where the locals eat and drink, you can get a 2 two course meal and a few drinks for £35-£40 instead of £75 in centre (so £3 taxi worth it).

If you don’t want to go too far a field, then cross the river (from temple bar), and eat drink around the spike area, it is far cheaper!

Either way Dublin is the 2nd most expensive city in the world, so have deep pockets!

But it was a lovely hotel, very posh, defo somewhere special to take your lucky lady/ man on a romantic weekend break, they will not be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple