“Get exactly what you pay for!!!”

Russell Court Hotel
Ranked #136 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Ok , its over a night club, its loud, its old and a bit tatty , and doesn't have the extras some people expect.
BUT, its 5 mins walk from Stephens green, its got a great Bar/club, bedroom we got was huge, clean linen, shower fine,towels spotless. Didnt try the tv as we were up for a concert and spent about 8 hours in the room in total!
Staff were grand, breakfast full irish, plus cereals/ toast etc. We paid 58euro for two!!!!!!!Car park 10 mins walk away 8 euro 3.30 pm to 11 am following morning. If you want cheap central basic accommodation in Dublin centre, on a week night, and you have a few drinks to get you to sleep its perfect!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room at the back...we got a kind of suite size overlooking the smoking section of the bar!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,020)

Reviewed 18 July 2012

My night at the Russell Court Hotel was quite possibly one of the worst nights of my life.

1. Receptionist was cold on arrival
2. We had to pay a 50euro safety deposit (not mentioned on website)
3. Complimentary ear plugs provided in bathroom (not a good sign)
4. TV was not tuned and didn't work after many tries
4. Extremely loud club music vibrated through hotel room floor from 7.30pm - 4am
5. We could feel the tacky club music vibrate through our pillows
6. When I rang reception at 10pm to find out when it was over I was told 4am
7. Night receptionist was rude to me then continued to ignore my calls throughout the night.
8. Club bouncers outside on street were loud and talked all night.
9. After club finished at 4am then half an hour of folk fighting on the street outside
10. Breakfast staff were extremely rude
11. Breakfast kitchen played extremely loud RnB music over breakfast
12. Before giving us our 50euro back, receptionist rang cleaner to check our room was left OK.

From checking in to departing this has to be the worst hospitality experience I have ever received. Should I have been visiting Ireland from another country, I would have left Ireland with terrible memories. Russell Court is a group of nightclubs, it should not be listed as a hotel. They have the cheek to describe their 'hotel' as having a 'superb standard of comfort and luxury' - this is the biggest lie you will ever be told.

Please, to ensure yourself of a good time in Dublin, pay a little extra and go to a real hotel - avoid Russell Court at all costs.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel, don't stay on the 1st floor, pick a room near the top of the bui...
4  Thank francesca043
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Old building with paper thin windows, could hear everything on the street. The room comes with ear plugs- not good. Most of the staff friendly, and the rest could attend a course on how to work with the public.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Kincora32
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Walked into hotel, reception staff proceeded to BOTH deal with a telephone enquiry, meanwhile the niteclub / bars were hopping with very young clientelle. eventually got attention from receptionist - no welcome just straight into insisting we pay 50euro deposit (even though we had pre-payed for room). I have to say it's a long time since i've come across someone so ignorant!!! I asked what time the partying would end and in a real un-apologetic manner he informed me not to expect sleep until at least 5am! What a joke! So I decided to forfeit the money and get on the phone and book an actual hotel where you feel welcome and can actually sleep. I really wonder why they bother with the hotel business at all and just focus on selling cheap booze to young revellers instead?

Room Tip: choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank ei80
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed here for two nights on a recent trip to Dublin for a gig. The location of the hotel is excellent, within walking distance of Grafton Street for shopping, Camden Street for night life etc. Our room was impressive, pretty big with old, stylish furniture and a comfy bed. Over all it was very clean.
There are ear plugs in provided in the room as the noise is pretty bad from 11pm - 3am with the pub downstairs (Diceys) and people coming and going to the 3 night clubs next door. I didn't use them and managed to sleep ok after waking a few times.
Breakfast was nice, kept us going for the morning anyhow. We found the staff to be friendly and courteous.
Overall, I'd recommend this hotel. It was reasonably priced and we'd defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front are pretty noisy!
1  Thank orly9
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Only good thing about this place is the location, it is definately only for the young partygoers which we are so it just about ticked the neccessary boxes, however I do believe we are paying for a service so we should still be treated in a friendly manner, we arrived at 3pm and checked in, paying for the room there and then ,and then being told we HAD to pay a ridiculous €50 deposit and as a previous comment said what on earth would you want to steal from that room, the staff were very unfriendly but better than the staff on duty when we checked out, i was there with 2 of my friends, I huddled into the tiny lift with all the luggage, our room was on the first floor, eventually got the old key card to work gave the door a big push to open and we were greeted by a messy room that was only just vacated, my friend went back down to reception to be told it will be ready soon, no apology, I thought surely they will check us in to another room but no we had to get up to our own devices and wait around, we couldnt even eat as there is no food at the weekend!!.......so we wandered off for food in the city. Room was ok, small but grand for what we needed, toilet was tiny, hairdryer wasnt even held together by tape, fell apart and looked like something from 20 years ago. The next day they were quick enough to ring up to tell us to get out as check out was 12pm!!! after keeping us waiting to check in!! myself and one of my friends went to put the bags in the car, with our 3rd friend following, she left the key at check in and was just about grunted at, we asked did she not get the deposit back and she said no, so my friend who originally came out with me went back in to ask for it, the girl rudely said "your other friend who left in the key said she would settle it with ya"!!! were they going to just keep our €50, my friend then had to stand around while the room was checked!!! never experienced that in any hotel i have been in, she was then given it back eventually, so so rude, we had breakfast in our room, it was included in the price but we were charged €10 for room service, in my opinion they should have at least wrote that off for the inconvenience when we checked in but no, I wasnt expected 4 star treatment but what we got was terrible, would defo not give them my custom again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shellybeard
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Overall a well located hotel,with a short walk into town center in just a couple of minutes.If you want a quiet hotel this isn't the place for you as it has a few busy night clubs and the rooms on the main road side are quite noisy ( ear plugs are provided in the bathroom for those who need them) .I would recommend it if your out on the town or like the party atmosphere .Would stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2011