“Do not stay here”

Ranked #139 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cork, Ireland
“Do not stay here”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Hotel room was extremely shabby and old. Tv did not work, window would not open and kettle was also broken.
They replaced the kettle but couldn't get the tv to work, they hadn't a spare tv so offered us a free drink in the bar..
Our room was right next to the bar / nightclub so we had to listen to banging music into all hours of the night, the room had ear plugs which wasn't a good sign to begin with.
Wouldn't stay here again in a fit and wouldn't recommend to others.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Laura7746

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bray, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here last night, the location was fantastic and suited my sister and I BUT i was absolutely shocked with the customer service. As soon as my sister and i walked in the door of the hotel we had a bouncer come straight up to us in a intimidating manner asking what we wanted we then went to the reception where we were greeted by a incredibly rude receptionist. He would then not give us the key as he insisted we had not paid for the room even though we had as we checked online banking and the exact amount of €97.00 had been taken out. We even rang phone banking twice to confirm. He still would not accept it when we had the approval code. The bank then informed us that it was charged by the merchant. He then told us we would have to come back down in morning to ring the bank in front of him?I wonder if this is a very good scam as i would of paid for the hotel room again if i did not check my internet banking. After all of this he then said he would not give us our key unless we gave him €50 deposit?????? the absolute cheek!!!! . I refused and asked to speak to the manager. The receptionist then went to get him but he refused to come out and talk to us but told the receptionist that we could have the room. This really upset our night out as we were worried about having to shell out more money to these crooks the next day. In the morning when we dropped back our key the receptionist said its ok (as in the money had been paid) but never apologized for his disgraceful behaviour the night before. Really really disappointed and would not recommend this hotel and it is such a pity as the location is fantastic and the room we had was beautiful and the breakfast very tasty. This hotel will not stay around for too much longer with the lack of of people skills i saw in staff members last night and coming from a background in hospitality i have never seen anything like it before. What a shame.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Bellarita24

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My cousin and partner were staying at this hotel, we arrived late past 3 am and wanted to have a quiet drink in the reception area. We were told that as I was not a hotel guest I would need to pay to enter the Barton access the hotel lobby. We did and brought a drink in the very noisy club, and tried to enter the hotel lobby to be refused by the security guard. I returned away from my family member to not make them feel uncomfortable regarding the hotels policy. It did take a number of uncomfortable conversation with a very unreasonable security guard to get the hotel manager to speak with me. I did speak with the night hotel manager whom was still refusing me access to the hotel lobby, as I was not a guest but my cousin plus one was, he refused a quiet sit down and conversation with my loved one. I did discuss reasonably with the hotel my disgust with their policy and they refused to accept any liability. I returned to their noisy club to be disturbed by their security guards and have my drink removed from me and for all (including my cosine + 1) removed from the club and advised to stand outside. If this was not enough justification of terrible customer service we were then constantly pursued by security guards to move on. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I have stayed in many hotels worldwide and never received such terrible customer service. Do not stay at this hotel.k

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Katie949
Belfast, N. Ireland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed for one night and knew that things wouldn't be good when I found complimentary ear plugs beside the shower cap in the bathroom. Arriving back from dinner I found six security guards erecting crush barriers along the front of the hotel for the nightclub which started at 11pm and went on for a number of hours. After I managed to get to sleep I was awoken by beer kegs being delivered about 7am.......

The hotel is in a good location, close to St Stephen's Green and Grafton St, with the Luas (tram) running past the front of the hotel. The room was spacious but dated, and the bathroom very tired. The television in the room had one channel. Breakfast was nice, and staff friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Have stayed here a number of times for convenience reasons,
and as such most preferable rooms, worth the request, (in order of preference):
303/301
30/40
Obviously top floor being less impacted by the nighclub downstairs.

Room Tip: good rooms: 303/301 201 111 30/40 Obviously top floor being less impacted by the nighclub downst...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
manchester
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Okay so maybe I'm comparing a premier inn which also has the same star rating as the Russell Court on Harcourt st. I don't often stay in 3* hotels other than a purple palace for this very reason, its shabby and not kept well. I would rather have a small basic fresh clean and well maintained room than turn up just to find door handles missing from wardrobes, stained bath tubs, badly flaking paint, stains on the carpet... Need I go on? Quite a lot of promise regarding the size of the room but its shabby. Sorry Russell court. I hope the breakfast is better than the room! Here's hoping!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very charming with its decadence and antique furniture. The rooms are spacious and very clean. However if it's this hot in April and stiflingly humid I'd not like it to be summer!
Breakfast is quite nice could have been a little bigger but good enough for the price.
There is only one downside to the hotel. It's not just a hotel but it's also a night club which means that you will need to use the earplugs they kindly provide on arrival. The club doesn't closed until around 2-3 am and the music is very loud from the rear rooms of the hotel; I couldn't comment about the front rooms.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple