“We'll be back!”

Ranked #84 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dover, New Jersey
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

We were in Dublin for the Notre Dame vs. Navy game and we're so glad we chose this hotel! The location is fantastic! The airport bus dropped us off, we turned around and said, "Oh, that's our hotel!" Literally right across the street from the bus stops.

This was my first trip oversees so I was unsure what to expect in a "european" hotel. We were so pleased. I booked through expedia and the confirmation said, double bed. When reception printed out my reservation, it said, twin. There were 2 of us= wouldn't work. She explained to me that all of their rooms are set up with twins and are pushed together when requested, which ours was. We had a little suite all to ourselves! Small, updated bathroom. A twin bed in the first room with a small table and large window, and a king (2 twins pushed together) in the next room with a large bureau and closet, again with a large window. We were in room 317. It's the very top room at the end of the hallway. We did get street noise, but based on reviews, we knew to expect this. After long days and a couple of Guiness' in the Legends bar, we knocked right out anyway.

As other reviews have pointed out, some of the decor is outdated. The carpet is ancient and windows creek. I found this charming! It was like being in a B&B but with more of your own space. The bathroom was updated (our friends had a bathroom that was not updated, but very clean and sufficient, although they joked that they needed sunglasses to go in there Lol) and the beds were comfortable. Adorable in my book.

I'd say the only thing that was lacking, WATER PRESSURE! It took me forever to wash the shampoo out of my hair!!! There was a "body soap" in the shower but definitely bring your own shampoo and such. No toothpaste or body lotion was in the rooms like American hotels. Funny thing too, they also don't have washcloths. I don't know if this is common over there, but I found it interesting. Plenty of bath and hand towels though. Housekeeping was awesome. Sometimes we'd leave our room for an hour and a half for a quick lunch and come back and everything was tidied up.

Overall, we couldn't have been happier with our pick of hotels and we definitely intend to come back. The bar is a great place to end the night and soooo many things were in walking distance, it couldn't have been better. Amanda at the bar/restaurant is fantastic but really EVERY staff member we interacted with there was awesome!

Room Tip: We had rooms 317 and 321, highest, last room towards the left when looking at the hotel from the str...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynne C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Finnish first
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Decent hotel, very handy situation. I had requested a quiet room and that's what I got - I was pleased about this as the front of hotel does look over a busy road. The bed was comfortable and overall I was pleased with my choice. I didn't bother with the breakfast, which was extra, as there's a Costa close by. Reception staff were helpful, which is always a plus. Not the cheapest hotel, there are others in the same area for less, but I think it comes out ahead of some of those.
I was on the 3rd floor and this was well away from the busy hotel bar - something else to bear in mind.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a higher floor (I stayed on the 3rd) when booking otherwise you might be lis...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Ian W
brisbane
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

westaffer stayed here for 3 nights and were highly impressed.the location is awesome,not in the middle of temple bar which was nice,but literally a stones throw away

our room wasn't amazing and quite stuffy but all we did was sleep there so not too much to complain about

the front desk staff were e trembly helpful,especially Mags who also half played travel agent!

will def stay again

• Stayed August 2012
Douglas Isle of Man
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Just back from 5 nights at this hotel, the location is amazing. It is right round the corner from Temple Bar, Over the road from Dublin Castle and City Hall, 10 mins walk to Trinity College and the Book of Kells and 15 mins to Grafton Street. In the other direction you are 10 mins over the Ha'penny Bridge into O'Connell Street. Bus stops outside the hotel on both sides of the road take you to the Airport, Heuston Train Station, Guinness Warehouse, Kilmainham Gaol etc.

The room we had was a good size, the bathroom was a little small but clean and adequate for a holiday. The staff were fabulous and couldn't do enough for us and after day 1 knew our faces and made us feel at home, with the exception of one staff member at breakfast, but we did let reception know about that.

The Entertainment was very good, and the food in the pub was lovely. We ate breakfast every day, had lunch one day and also did the meal and show for 29.95 euro on our last night. More than enough on the plate and excellent choices. Not a bad word to say about any of it.

Our luggage was also stored on checkout as we had some time before our trip to the Airport.

Overall after months of searching for the right hotel, hubby and I were not disappointed and would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone.
Thanks to the staff for helping us create many happy memories tfor us to treasure and for making us feel welcome. You are a credit to yourselves and to the Hotel. Special thanks to Larry and Mary in the Bar x x x

Room Tip: Higher floors would probably be better in terms of A/C unit noise, but it didn't bother us too m...
1 Thank CLNew
Emyvale, Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Just back from a weekend in Dublin & it really is location, location, location!! The Arlington Temple Bar was perfect, with a friendly & efficient check in from reception, to a chirpy & attentive waitress at breakfast! The bedroom was very comfortable & spotlessly clean. Breakfast was delicious & not to be missed! It was a treat to have my "full Irish breakfast" served and not have to stand in line for it. And the choice is amazing. The dinner & entertainment was superb & great value for money, & the Irish Coffee is a must! There was a great atmosphere in the hotel with guests & staff alike. The Arlington Temple Bar is so central to all sights, we couldn't have asked for better. Will definetely stay here again & will be highly recommending to family & friends. Well done

3 Thank MonaghanMum_12
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 17 August 2012

My friend and I stayed here in July. We had a stay of 3 consecutive nights, 2 nights on a tour and the last night back at the hotel. The front desk staff was great. They helped us with maps, Hop On locations, restaurant recommendations and offered to store our large luggage while we were on tour with our smaller luggage. The room on the first part of our stay was adequate. The bathroom could have used an update and bit of a clean. On the second part of the stay the room was much better with a clean, updated bathroom. You are on a main street so be prepared for some night noise but not enough to keep you awake after a busy day in Dublin. The nightly Irish musicians and Celtic dancers were great. We had a special rate for breakfast as guests of the hotel and the choice of food was more than adequate. Dublin castle was right across the road so very convenient. Also the Hop On tour was across the road making it easy to access all attractions including shopping areas. I would recommend this establishment to other travellers.

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor was much cleaner and updated compared to our room on the third floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beverly589
East Kilbride, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This hotel is perfectly located - opposite Dublin Castle and within Temple Bar, though not noisy. There is a hop on hop off bus stop right outside the hotel to access all main attractions, and the airport shuttle bus stop is right outside too.

It's a fairly large hotel, but quaint all the same and very clean. Staff were friendly and the breakfast in the morning was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had. The bar had "pull your own pint" stations which were pretty cool also!

Our room was a decent size - although our double bed was actually two single beds pushed together...no big deal though. The one critique I had was our shower - it was very very hot - even on the coldest setting, and the water had no power whatsoever.

Overall, a very good hotel and I'd definitely return!

2 Thank FT87