Parliament Hotel
US$262
US$223
US$203
US$169
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$153
  • Restaurant
Sheldon Park Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$233
US$176
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
1,570 results
All reviewsdublin castlearlington temple barlegends barlord edward streetirish dancinggreat locationdame streetfull irish breakfasttrinity collegebit datedguinness storehousebar downstairscentral locationdouble bedhotel barairlink busthird floor
Reviewed 26 August 2014

As with other reviews this hotel does need a bit of an update. The floors squeak like crazy and the bathrooms need some work. You will need to bring your own toiletries which I was a little surprised about BUT the staff could not be nicer, the location is fantastic and we really enjoyed our stay here. For a first few days we backed onto a side street which was pretty noisy but our last night we were on the top floor facing the main road and it was much quieter. The Celtic night was enjoyed by all in our group and the band is fantastic.

The rooms are not air conditioned so ask for a fan and it will be delivered to your room.
For the price I think this hotel was pretty good.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was able to check in before noon even though the hotel had been fully booked the previous night, which was great since I had that grimy "I just got off a trans-Atlantic flight" feel. The room was small but clean and tidy--and on an upper floor away from the elevator and on the back side of the hotel. In this part of Dublin (on the western edge of the Temple Bar district), this location proved key to getting a quiet night's sleep. I could walk to Christchurch Cathedral in less than five minutes, Trinity College in under 10 minutes, and St. Patrick's Cathedral in about 15 minutes. In addition, I was almost directly across the street from a hop-on, hop-off Dublin tour bus stop (which I highly recommend). There was an attached bar/restaurant that featured typical hot and cold breakfast options, and a nightly Irish music/dance show that was billed as "contemporary", so I bypassed it in favor of a more traditional show at the Arlington O'Connell Bridge, which is a 10-minute walk away on the north side of the River Liffey.

Room Tip: Higher floor on the back side of the hotel away from the main street noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ScandiScot
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed 4 nights last week. The staff are all very friendly and extremely helpful we had a great time and the show on Saturday was brilliant. Many thanks to Amy and Francesca (hope the spelling is right) on the front desk. The breakfast is great everything you could want. The big let down is the rooms they are badly in need of updating. If this was done it would be great as it has a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, still a bit noisy but better than the front.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer P
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is in a good location as it is opposite Dublin Castle and very close to Christchurch. The room was a bit dated and quite shabby - the grout/sealant in the bathroom needed replacing and the carpets were worn in places but overall it was clean. My mattress on my bed was full of lumps and bumps and when I turned over the springs kept making noises which kept me awake. I went to reception next morning to ask if someone would please go and check it and before I had finished my sentence the girl on reception offered to move us to another room which I was very impressed with. We were moved from the first floor to the third which turned out to be a lot better as the street noise was reduced as we were higher up. The Celtic night which is held downstairs also gave off a lot of noise so I would recommend asking for a higher floor if noise is a problem to you. There were no toiletries in the bathroom except for a soap dispenser on the wall which was akward when bathing as you had to stand up out of the bath to use it. Breakfast was fine - what you would expect from a city centre hotel really. The bread was white or brown (supermarket style sliced) which was a bit limited I thought - they didn't even offer soda bread! The staff were pleasant and polite (and helpful) My main criticism would be the general shabbiness of the place and the lack of the "little things." We have stayed in several Dublin hotels which are in the same price bracket as this (ie. Jurys, Christchurch, Parnell St. & Quays) and they manage to offer the little extras so I would recommend them over the Arlington.

Room Tip: The first floor was very noisey from traffic and the Celtic Night entertainment
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PAULENEHighPeakUk
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We had a great night at the Arlington Hotel. The location is excellent for walking around and seeing some of the highlights of Dublin. The hotel was very cozy on the stormy night, and the beds were comfortable. The customer service was great and everyone was extremely friendly. We really enjoyed the show on the Sat. night (even my teen and tween kids) which was an Irish band and then dancers (like Riverdance.) The breakfast was outstanding and exceeded all of my expectations- a full Irish breakfast (mad to order) and so much more. They even had organic yogurt! So, it's worth overlooking the areas of the room that may need some paint or caulking, and just enjoy the old world charm.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family