“Can't Fault!”
Review of North Star Hotel

North Star Hotel
Ranked #63 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Ive stayed here maybe 5 times all short 1/2 day breaks! Have stayed in a lot of hotels in Dublin city but this always stands out! The beds are so comfortable! Staff are friendly and welcoming along with cleaners saying Hello in the mornings :) (the amount of hotels where cleaners pass you by without a look or word, I find extremely rude!!) ive stayed as a couple and as family! they were great with my 1 year old at breakfast chatting away to him which he loved ! Great location! Breakfast is good an hot, plenty to chose from! Oh not to mention the barman that made a me Mocha even when there weren't on the Menu!!

Looking forward to my late Valentines night that I have booked with you's Tomorrow :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarah r
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Such glowing feedback in particular from a regular guest is very much valued. Thank tou for your kind comments regarding our team. We look very much forward to welcoming you back hopefully in the not too distant future.

Rhona

Write a ReviewReviews (2,841)

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

I booked this trip via Groupon and really didn't know what to expect but I have to say that this place has exceeded all expectation.
Really good size room with all mod cons, lovely clean bathroom and powerful shower, attentive and Knowledgeable staff in particular Simon and Maria who welcomed us to the hotel.
Although we did not eat at the hotel, the menu was well priced.
Breakfast is amazing and the bed very comfy.
Would stay again if in Dublin.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen K

Dear Valued Guest,

Simon & Maria very much appreciate the kind mention. We are very fortunate to have such valued team members to dedicated to the delivery of the highest standards in customer service.

Many thank & kind regards,

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed for two nights for the 6 nations rugby and got upgraded as it was busy. Easy walk into the Temple Bar area. Train station across the road (yes, that might annoy some people, I think of it as convenient!) which is 3-4 stops away from the Aviva stadium. Restaurant and bar downstairs are both lovely. Staff really friendly. If I have to think of something that wasn't brilliant it would be the lifts which seem a bit far from the reception area and up a set of stairs - to be fair if that could ruin your stay, then you must have stayed in some pretty amazing ground-floor rooms only hotels!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarianneWiltshire_UK

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with fellow Tripadvisor members. I hope that you enjoyed the match!

Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel was lovely and easy to find. Across from a train station which can only be heard with the window open. Three beds to a room, one small double & 2 single beds. nice sized clean bathroom. Would definitely stay here again. The breakfast buffet was hot and the staff were friendly & helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, hopefully we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Just returned from a two night stay. Staff very friendly,breakfast excellent, room very clean with all the amenities. The location was perfect. Everything close to hand. Would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Pleasure to read that your recent stay with us at The North Star Hotel was so enjoyable, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Me and my Fiancé stayed here in December 2013. The room was lovely, and well kept, lovely big comfy bed, but, the room was like a sauna, it was very hot and just outside our room was very noisy, with the train track and busy freight traffic, but we didn't mind that, we are staying in a city, so you will have to expect noise. But for those who like a silent night, take ear plugs.

The staff are very nice, we didn't interact much with them (our choice, romantic get away) but they were helpful and polite whenever we needed them.

The hotel is an easy walk to the main bars in temple bar and easy commute to and from the airport (we used the bus, was 12E each for a return)

The breakfast was not great and quite expensive for the quality, so we didn't bother with room service on that basis. I did find the restaurant staff quite rude and dismissive.

I would stay again, but maybe mention that the room was hot and have that sorted instead of being shy, and I would take ear plugs. I would also avoid the breakfast. All in all a nice hotel. Some improvements to be made in my opinion, but my main thing was the room and couldn't fault that (except the heat) Perfect for couples

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for making the time to post your review. Please feel free to contact me directly, I am curious as to which room that you stayed in that the heating was so overpowering. Equally I would appreciate to know the issues which you encountered with our breakfast buffet so that I may make the chef aware. Our full breakfast buffet is priced at €12.50, included in this price is full and extensive hot selection and full continental options also.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel two nights ago as I was arriving in Dublin by train into Connolly Station. The hotel is right across the road. The check in staff were very efficient and friendly. Wifi was free and straightforward and the room was very comfortable. As it was pouring with rain, I broke one of my usual habits and decided to eat in the hotel. I am so glad I did. The staff were very friendly in the bar/restaurant. I ordered a smoked fish platter as a starter and steak for the main course. The barman was good enough to point out that I probably wouldn't need both but suggested I go for a large platter if I was going to skip the steak. It was quite simply wonderful. Smoked salmon, mackeral and trout - and loads of it! As much bread as anyone could cope with and a fab salad. I will certainly go back and will certainly have the smoked fish board. Full marks all round.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank John M

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experience with us at The North Star Hotel with other Tripadvisor users. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.