“excellent hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
preston
“excellent hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel was lovely couldn't fault it we even got a free upgrade , rooms lovely bed comfy and bathroom very clean, breakfast lovely and very filling , pub and restaurant very good and quick service from bar staff, would stay here again if came back to Dublin , also close to connelly street

• 4 of 5 bubbles
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear C_M_Williams,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you found our hotel location convenient and that you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms. I’m delighted to hear that you had enjoyed some of the amazing dishes we have to offer in McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar and lovely, filling breakfast. I am also delighted that our service and the friendliness of our staff stood out as a real positive.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and I do hope that if you are in the area again that you choose to return to the North Star Hotel.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (496)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Went here for a family vacation Our 1st trip to Ireland. We had a great experience at this hotel. Here's all the reasons why: Lovely staff (very helpful, remembered us), nice room (linens/beds), easy location (walk right down to the river and all the action, easy highway access in/out of town), nice ambience (nice pub downstairs and lots of sitting areas), convenience (free wifi, 24 hr secured parking). Overall a great experience and would definitely recommend the hotel

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Amy B,

Many thanks for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that your time spent in the North Star Hotel was most enjoyable and that you found the hotel location, guest bedrooms and service excellent.

I truly hope that you have the opportunity to stay at the North Star Hotel in the nearest future where our team and I will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Swindon, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

We visited to Dublin to celebrate herself's latest birthday. The trip began with an unexpected upgrade on arrival at The North Star Hotel to a Premier Club room up on the top floor, which incidentally, offers a most comfortable lounge too. We found the accommodation most comfortable, but more so we thought the service throughout the hotel was very good. Breakfast kept us going all day so much so we could not manage a desert on our final night - tip: go enjoy a meal at Fire in The Mansion House!!

Room Tip: The Dart railway line runs between the bedroom tower (only 7 floors) at the back of the hotel and th...
1 Thank AndrewCee
Dear AndrewCee,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the fabulous contemporary Premier Club room that offers the ultimate in guest luxury with complimentary access to our exclusive 7th floor Premier Club Hospitality Lounge whith complimentary tea/coffee making facilities. I am proud to say our property has recently been nominated as a finalist as 'Best Four Star Hotel' with The Hotel & Catering Review.

I am particularly pleased to hear the service you received was a real highlight and thank you for recognising our team. Your kind words serve as a wonderful motivator for us and I am sure the team here will be delighted to read your kind comments.

On behalf of the team here at the North Star Hotel, we very much look forward to your return in the future.

Kind Regards,

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Stayed with my partner, we received a complimentary upgrade straight away to a premier room on the 6th floor, a very good start. The room was excellent, TV signal was a bit shaky but it wasn't that important, as it was only used at night time. Air conditioning didnt work which was disappointing, and the DART trains passed by right in front of the rooms which could be annoying for some, but didn't bother us. Staff at reception were friendly, breakfast was tasty. Would suggest putting the drinks in a fridge to keep them cool, they were actually warm, warm water or orange/apple juice isn't nice with breakfast! Hotel is a 10 minute walk from the center of O'Connell street, very near LUAS station which provides good transport links to the center and docklands.

2 Thank Jason C
Dear Jason C,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us. All feedback we receive helps us to consistently review the service we provide our guests.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our location, which is so central, and with a great access to all central attractions as well as dockland side of Dublin. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our recently launched, spacious and contemporary Premier Club rooms that offer the ultimate in guest luxury. All our Premier Club rooms are tastefully decorated to highest standards, with warm welcome and inviting atmosphere. Many of our Premier Club rooms have a private terrace or balcony too. I was particularly pleased to hear that our reception staff took such good care of you during your stay. I will pass your positive feedback on to my team so that they can continue to provide this level of service to all of our customers.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and despite the few little disruptions that you experienced I am delighted that you recommend us.

I hope that you have the opportunity to stay at the North Star Hotel in the not too distant future where our team and I will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I booked a family room for the stay for myself and my two teenage children, and whilst the room possessed enough beds (a double and a single), everything else was as per the single/double occupancy room I had previously had stayed in. The first room we received had a sink that did not drain and a toilet that did not flush, but we were offered another room as soon as I complained. The second room was adequate, however the AC was too noisy to have on at night, fortunately the Dublin weather meant that was not an issue after the first day or two!
I also used the laundry service, however this was a frustrating experience. I sent a bag of clothes, including shirts, for the wash/dry/iron service advertised in the hotel services folder, and received back washed and dried clothes, but un-ironed - not great for work the next morning. Again the hotel resolved this within 24 hours, however I would not expect that this sort of thing should happen in a hotel that insists on its 4-star rating.
The breakfast service is adequate, and my family and I enjoyed evening meals in McGettigans.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Marc S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your evening meals at our newly launched and already well-known McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar as well as breakfast at the North Star Hotel.

I was however disappointed to see that that you had a few issues during your stay with us. I sincerely regret if you were inconvenienced in any way on your visit to the North Star Hotel and I can assure you that this is most certainly not the high standard we set for ourselves.

We understand the importance of comfort to the business and leisure traveller and we look forward to welcoming you back to the North Star Hotel. Do let us know when you are coming back again and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Perfect in every way. Staff very helpful and available to help with every need, whether it was questions on Dublin or hotel needs. The location is brilliant - walking distance from Connolly and Lucas - parking available too which was a plus! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Historyeyes
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear valued guest,

Your review is a delight to read. I am very pleased that we met and surpassed your expectations.

Many thanks,
Rhona Brady
Worcester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had a lovely stay at the North Star Hotel in Dublin. We found it was in a good location, within walking distance of many of the attractions, the bar was relaxing, breakfast tastt and staff very friendly.

The only downfall waa our room was at the front of the hotel on the main road. The room was boiling, boiling hot, with no fan provided, so we had to have the window open 24/7 which ended up being quite noisy.

We coped and it didn't ruin our staff.

We would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BarbieGirly
Dear valued guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us, I do hope you have the opportunity to revisit in the near future.

Kind regards,