“very nice”
Review of North Star Hotel

North Star Hotel
Ranked #64 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We started our trip through Ireland here. They were really great, even putting up with 2 very jet-lagged and tired tourists upon check-in.
You will have to carry your luggage up a flight of stairs to get to the elevators, and not always was there someone to assist you. The room was pretty nice, although for 30 Euro you can upgrade (if available, which it wasn't when we were there). The shower had been "fixed" and was a little confusing, but worked well once we figured it out. The view we had, well, it was an alley and I believe there was a pub nearby because we could hear people well into the night. There was not much for AC, so we had to keep the window open until the noise just got to be too much.
One really bright note is the in-house restaurant. It was great-friendly staff, great food, great atmosphere! Another shiny note is the man working the tour desk. He was really sweet, had a lot of useful information and even gave me a great idea for the shileliegh I picked up.

Room Tip: go with a Premium-they have more options and AC for a reasonable amount.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Katie Z,

Thank you so much for choosing the North Star Hotel and taking the time to post your review. All feedback we receive helps us to consistently review the service we provide to our guests therefore your feedback is very much appreciated.

It is fantastic to read that you had a nice stay with us and found our concierge, reception team and McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar staff to be great and friendly. It is always wonderful to hear such positive feedback, which serves as a great motivator to our team. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments are passed on to our concierge and the team and that their service is duly noted.

I was very sorry to read our porter were not able to help you with your luggage sometimes. Being centrally located hotel we are heavily occupied however I take note of your comment and take your feedback on board.

I also regret to hear your sleep was disturbed due to a level of noise coming from the outside bar. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and if you have the opportunity to stay with us again please contact me directly so that I can oversee your stay personally.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the North Star Hotel in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Diana@northstarhotel.ie

There are newer reviews for North Star Hotel

Reviewed 21 August 2014

for first time travelers to Ireland we could not have been happier with this hotel. it has access to everything a traveller needs to have a good stay, transport, restaurants, (including the hotels own) shops and sights. it was clean and very comfortable. these kind of experiences when traveling make you want go back, thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear ritchie_haydn,

Many thanks for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

We understand the important of comfort to the leisure travelers and we look forward to welcoming you back to the North Star Hotel. Do let us know when you are coming back again and if there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed in the North Star hotel two weeks ago for three days and two nights. I have visited many cities and towns in Ireland over the last few years , however none of the hotels are anything compared to the North Star Hotel.The North Star Hotel ticks all the boxes , I must compliment the exterior and interior design of the hotel is magnificently beautiful with fantastic bedrooms especially the Premier rooms .The location of the hotel could not be better , it is in the heart of Dublin city centre .Also the Mc Gettigans Cookhouse is a top quality restaurant , the food was delicious and the staff were so friendly and welcoming throughout the hotel , in particular one of the breakfast room staff whose name i cant remember , he was a red headed gentleman , who on my first morning in The North Star Hotel was so welcoming and helpful . Over all my stay in The North Star Hotel was magnificent and I would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who wishes to visit Dublin and I cant wait until I visit Dublin again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ben b,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the natural elegance of our Dublin City Georgian building fused with contemporary interior design guest bedrooms and that you had the opportunity to sample some of the amazing dishes we have on offer in McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar. Indeed our hotel is located in the heart of Dublin City therefore all Dublin’s attractions are within walking distance from the hotel.

I was particularly pleased to hear that our staff were so welcoming and friendly throughout your stay. I will pass your positive feedback on to the team so that they can continue to provide this level of service to all of our customers.

I hope that you have the opportunity to stay at the North Star Hotel in the not too distant future where my Team and I will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend checked in to the hotel the day before we went on holidays. We were upgraded to a premier suite which was absolutly beautiful and had a view of croke park from the balcony. The room was very spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff at the hotel where very friendly and welcoming espically the manager Rhona who was very accommodating.I look forward to my next stay at the hotel, would definatly highly recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Jessica F,

Thank you for posting your valuable review. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay at the North Star Hotel especially our newly refurbished contemporary design room as well as our service.

I was particularly pleased to hear that our staff took such a good care of you especially Rhona. I will pass your positive feedback onto Rhona and the rest of our team so that we can continue to provide this level of service to all of our customers.

I am looking forward welcoming you back in the North Star Hotel in near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stayed here with my partner and daughter for five nights. The hotel itself is very nice and located across the street from Connolly Station which worked for us to head to Wexford after our stay. Some rooms have been renovated and those are beautiful. (We did not get one of those rooms, but my sister did so I was able to see it first hand). Our room was fine, the beds were comfy, clean and for us that was all that mattered. It was quiet as well for a good nights sleep. The staff is exceptional, accomodating and friendly. Our room did come with breakfast, which was continental, and for another cost (about 12 euros) you got a "full" or hot breakfast. Absolutely NOT worth it. The full breakfast only gives you few more hot food options, so perhaps the addition of eggs, bacon/sausage & beans. If you must have these things, take a short walk and go find it for a fraction of this price. Otherwise the continental is quite filling and just fine. (Tea/coffee, yogurt, cheese, ham, danish, hot/cold cereal, fruit and more!) I did not go to the restaurant so I can't speak to that part of it.
It is easy to get to from the airport, a quick ride on Airlink and it dropped us off right around the corner.
Location: The location is not really in city center but close enough of a walk. But for about the same price you can be much closer to it all. There are also good places to buy things like trinkets or toothpaste. The only part I found dissapointing is that the area is not the best. At night walking back the area is not busy and very desolate. If you are alone, or just overall skittish about these kinds of things, perhaps looking closer to the river or the other side of it may be a better option (Christchurch area). This is the only reson I am giving it a 4 verus a 5.

Room Tip: See if you can score one of the renovated rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Coquija,

Many thanks for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that your time spent in the North Star Hotel was most enjoyable and that you found the rooms and service excellent.

You are indeed correct that we are only within minutes from the Connolly Station which works well for all our guests travelling to various destinations. We are located in the North side of Central Dublin and so we are within walking distance to most tourist attractions as well as the many shops, coffee houses, restaurants and bars.

I am pleased you found our breakfast buffet with a wide range of fruits, cold meats, freshly baked pastries & yogurts good quality and filling. Most of our room rate deals have continental breakfast included and for those looking to have Full Irish Breakfast in the morning we offer €7.50 upgrade rate.

I am happy to say we also offer complimentary toiletries including Dental, Shaving and Mending Kits to all North Star Hotel guests which is available upon request.

Once again thank you for your comments and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the North Star Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

An unexpected surprise...circumstances beyond our control we ended up staying in this hotel ....In one word 'a Gem ' lively bar food ...great staff and the room is as good if not better than any hotel in Dublin...parking great value as well and right in the city centre ....well worth a visit

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Seanban
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Seanban,

Thank you very much for posting your valuable review.

It is music to my ears that your time spent in the North Star Hotel was most enjoyable and that you enjoyed the many features throughout the hotel especially contemporary design guest bedroom, delicious food, excellent customer service and hotel location it self. We endeavour to ensure that each and every customer has a memorable experience when they stay with us.

Once again thank you for your positive comments and I do hope that if you are in the area again that you choose to return to the North Star Hotel.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel was lovely couldn't fault it we even got a free upgrade , rooms lovely bed comfy and bathroom very clean, breakfast lovely and very filling , pub and restaurant very good and quick service from bar staff, would stay here again if came back to Dublin , also close to connelly street

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear C_M_Williams,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear you found our hotel location convenient and that you enjoyed our newly refurbished rooms. I’m delighted to hear that you had enjoyed some of the amazing dishes we have to offer in McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar and lovely, filling breakfast. I am also delighted that our service and the friendliness of our staff stood out as a real positive.

Thank you again for taking the time to give us your feedback and I do hope that if you are in the area again that you choose to return to the North Star Hotel.