“Nice hotel but staff miserable ”
Review of North Star Hotel

North Star Hotel
Ranked #64 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights this August, room was beautiful as was the rest of the hotel but the staff working there have to be some of the most miserable rude people I have ever met. The restaurant in the hotel mcgettigans is lovely, food amazing and staff in there seemed a lot friendlier

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Beth S,

Thank you for taking time to post your valuable review. We are always keen to hear the guests’ feedback in order to improve our services. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the natural elegance of our Dublin City Georgian building fused with contemporary interior design and that you had the opportunity to sample some of the amazing dishes we have on offer in McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar.

I would like to apologise if you felt the staff came across as rude. We endeavor to ensure that each and every customer has a memorable experience when they stay with us. I can assure you that our staff aim to make our guests feel comfortable and so I am sorry that you didn't feel this was the case.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the North Star Hotel and I hope that I get to meet you on your next visit.

Warm Regards

diana@northstarhotel.ie

There are newer reviews for North Star Hotel

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I found the North Star hotel quite good. It is across the road from Connolly train station, our room was average size, but the bed was very uncomfortable, did not sleep, pillows and mattress were quite hard. Staff were friendly and location was good, 10 min walk to city centre.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear D F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay at the North Star Hotel.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our location which is so central and within walking distance to the many shops, coffee houses, restaurants and bars as well one of the main train stations in Dublin - Connolly Station. I am also delighted that friendliness of our staff stood out as a real positive. I will pass your valuable feedback on to the team so that they can continue to provide this level of service to all of our customers.

I was however disappointed to see that your sleep was disturbed during your stay. I have made a note of this and if you have the opportunity to stay with us again please contact me directly so that I can oversee your stay personally.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the North Star Hotel in the not too distant future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

First off, this place has either a brilliant location or it'll drive you nuts.

Rooms at the front will get street noise from a)traffic b) tram and c) train. The train noise also has vibration

Rooms out the side or rear won't be as noisy. It didnt bother me at all but if you're the type to grumble, do yourselves a favour and book somewhere else.

Room itself; clean, tidy and well organised. Ironing board was a bonus, free WiFi around the hotel was reasonably quick

The bar/restaurant attached is well stocked, food is great and drinks well priced.

I got there by Air coach, jumped off at O'Connell St, walked straight down Talbot St to the end, took maybe 5 minutes from the coach drop off point

There's a spar shop next door for anything you might have forgotten and hotel staff are really helpful

Extras - residents lounge is a quiet area to get work done or just have some space to do your thing and is nicely thought out

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2014

My Husband and I took a rail break and stayed at the North Star hotel for one night. Our room 212 was a very odd shape but was well decorated, clean and spacious. The staff were courteous and the breakfast was good. I have only given a two star rating because we never got a wink of sleep, there appeared to be some type of generator underneath our room and it. was very noisy all night long. We phoned reception about it and were informed that they would deal with it. But it continued all night. on checking out we mentioned the noise and lack of sleep to the receptionist.She apologised and said that they normally had complaints from room 208 about noise and not 212!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear 154belle,

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the natural elegance of our Dublin City Georgian building rooms fused with contemporary interior design and that you had the opportunity to taste our delicious breakfast. I was particularly pleased to hear that our courteous staff stood out as a real positive. I will pass your feedback on to the team so that they can continue to provide this level of service to all of our customers.

I was however disappointed to hear that your comfort was disturbed during your stay due to a level of noise. I have made a note of this and if you have the opportunity to stay with us again please contact me directly so that I can oversee your stay personally.

Warm Regards,

diana@northstarhotel.ie

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I like that the hotel is near the bus and train stations. It is the perfect distance from all the action. There's a great chipper a few paces up. The lobby, bar and restaurant are just right. The overnight parking situation is very good and affordable. If you tire of walking the hotel is close enough to all the landmarks that a cab is nice and cheap. I love the recessed lighting in the ceiling. It's our go to place in Dublin. We really enjoyed it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Cathal O,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the North Star Hotel. We endeavor to ensure that each and every customer has a memorable experience when they stay with us and I am very proud to say our property has recently been nominated as a finalist as 'Best Four Star Hotel' with The Hotel & Catering Review.

On behalf of the team here at the North Star Hotel, we very much look forward to your return in the future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Firstly I visited this hotel 3 years ago and it was nice then but since the renovation it is a lot smarter and trendier, I booked this weekend break for my partner as a birthday surprise the lady I emailed regarding a room upgrade was lovely and tried helping me as much as possible, when we first arrived the gentleman at reception was helpful and polite, we paid for a room upgrade and was not disappointed for an extra 30euro a night we got a lush room with a small balcony, the room was clean and spacious and the added extra of the luxury lounge was an added plus.
now the breakfast was just as good if not better than I remember freshly cooked food and helpful waiting staff.
the restaurant was lovely and good value for money the food was tasty and delightfully presented.
now the only thing I did have a problem with on the stay was apart from the 1 polite receptionist as stated at the beginning the 3 other receptionists we dealt with throughout our stay didn't seem to want to help us and quite frankly didn't seem to want to even be at the hotel. I'm not one to complain but just saying a smile goes a long way.

but apart from this everything else was wonderful and I would happily recommend anyone to come to this hotel as the location is spot and its comfortable luxury.
so many thanks for a great stay hope to be back one day soon!

Room Tip: its worth it to pay the extra 30 euro a night for the room for the added luxury and to be higher up!

Dear paige B,

Many thanks for your kind review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that your time spent in the North Star Hotel was most enjoyable and that you found the rooms, the food and service excellent.

You are indeed correct that we are only within minutes from most tourist attractions as well as the many shops, coffee houses, restaurants and bars.

I was however disappointed to read that some of my team members were not as helpful. I sincerely regret if this inconvenienced you in any way and I can assure you that this is most certainly not the high standard we set for ourselves.

I hope that you have the opportunity to stay at the North Star Hotel in the not too distant future where our Team and I will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very nice hotel very good location to city center this hotel had the best room I have seen for any hotel in its price range food was very good also as was the staff most help full it's a very fresh hotel in every way

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us with other Tripadvisor users. Delighted to read your stay was so highly enjoyable. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,