North Star Hotel
Maple Hotel(Dublin)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
2,893 results
All reviewsconnolly stationpremier roomtrain noisetrain lineo'connell streetbreakfast roomcity centretemple barlovely hotelhotel restaurantbooked this hotelfantastic staytea coffeewe arrived earlyfull irish breakfastfollowing morningcroke park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Stayed in the North Star a few times very good hotel very clean staff very friendly. Got upgraded to the Oscar Wild Suite second last visit. King size bed beautiful room lovely decorated. Connolly rail station just across the road.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
NorthStarhotel, Front Office Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Pauline F,

Thank you for posting your valuable review. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I was so happy see that you enjoyed an upgrade to our newly refurbished contemporary design Oscar Wild Suite. All our Premier Club Suites are tastefully decorated to highest standards, with warm welcome and inviting atmosphere and have a private terrace or balcony too.

I am also pleased that the team were always very friendly. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is motivating to hear that these efforts are noticed.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to the North Star Hotel and I hope that I get to meet you on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Great location - across from the train station and a 10 min walk to O'Connell Street. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was beautifully decorated and rooms were up to standard. Overall i had a wonderful stay and would highly recommend to anyone

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear bferris,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay with us.

It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay at the North Star Hotel especially our newly refurbished contemporary design room and our location which indeed is so central and within walking distance to Connolly Station as well as the most tourist attractions, many shops, coffee houses, restaurants and bars.
I was particularly pleased to hear that our staff were so friendly and helpful to ensure that the service you received was a real highlight and thank you for recognizing them.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback and I hope that you have the opportunity to stay at the North Star Hotel in the not too distant future where our team and I will have the opportunity to exceed your expectations once again.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed here for two nights a few weeks ago. Nothing but good things to say about this hotel! The decor is tasteful and modern and the rooms are spacious, quiet and feel luxurious - Great for the price!
The location is excellent, especially for anyone coming into Dublin by Bus and travelling about on foot/public transport - its right across from the Luas station and round the corner from the bus Aras.
Good area too, busy but not bunged - nice vibe about the place!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear VintageRedHead,

Thank you so much for choosing the North Star Hotel and for your wonderful review.Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and you felt that the North Star Hotel was a wonderful place. It is equally pleasing to know that you thought your room was “spacious, quiet and feet luxurious - Great for the price!” I am proud to say our property has recently been nominated as a finalist as 'Best Four Star Hotel' with The Hotel & Catering Review.

We look forward to welcoming you back, perhaps for a longer period in the future.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Some of the pubs round by Connelly look a bit sketchy to say the least, so we were rather pleased to find a decent old-school station hotel with a decent bar. Good Guinness and not too pricey - though don't be fooled by their claim of having 'craft ale', it's not true!

Would actually consider staying in the hotel next time i'm over, just on the strength of the bar!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
NorthStarhotel, Manager at North Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback although I am confused by your comment regarding our beer selection. Guinness, as mentioned and one other, an Irish cider are our only 'mainstream' draught selections. All other draught beverages are craft beers and ales in addition to a wide selection of bottled craft beers and ales. Please feel free to contact me direct, I would be happy to forward to you a copy of our full drinks menu. rhona@northstarhotel.ie

Kind regards,
Rhona Brady

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights this August, room was beautiful as was the rest of the hotel but the staff working there have to be some of the most miserable rude people I have ever met. The restaurant in the hotel mcgettigans is lovely, food amazing and staff in there seemed a lot friendlier

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Beth S,

Thank you for taking time to post your valuable review. We are always keen to hear the guests’ feedback in order to improve our services. Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the natural elegance of our Dublin City Georgian building fused with contemporary interior design and that you had the opportunity to sample some of the amazing dishes we have on offer in McGettigans Cookhouse & Bar.

I would like to apologise if you felt the staff came across as rude. We endeavor to ensure that each and every customer has a memorable experience when they stay with us. I can assure you that our staff aim to make our guests feel comfortable and so I am sorry that you didn't feel this was the case.

diana@northstarhotel.ie