Harcourt Hotel
  • Pool
Albany House(Dublin)
  • Breakfast included
1,401 results
All reviewsstag dografton streettemple bardtwostephensnightlifepubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2013

As the other reviews have stated this hotel has a club in the basement, so please if loud music and drinking is not your scene there are plenty of other affordable hotels closer to the city center. My wife and I stayed here twice after reading the reviews BECAUSE we wanted the party atmosphere. Both times our rooms were immaculate and the staff were very friendly. The first time was a Wednesday night. After a pub crawl in the Temple Bar district we checked in, dropped our bags and headed down to the club. The DJ was solid, the dance floor was packed and we didn't have to pay the cover as we were hotel guests. When we left around 3 the party was still going strong. Thankfully our room was in the adjacent building so it wasn't too loud. I'd recommend asking for a room in the adjacent building if you want to sleep. Our second stay was in the basement on a Sunday night. The club closed at midnight so we slept well. The basement room was almost half the price and still very comfortable but I wouldn't recommend it on Wednesday through Saturday nights when the club is open unless you plan to party all night and sleep afterwards. I hope that's helpful. Cheers!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed in this hotel for a recent stag-do and found it to be the perfect place. The hotel is centrally located and is only a short walk to the city centre. There are also a number of local bars and clubs along the same street or attached to the hotel.

The hotel bar itself is one of the best I have seen, with lots of seating and a large screen T.V. and a decent nightclub next door. I could understand those complaints though that the hotel is very noisy and may not have been suitable had the weekend not been for a stag-do.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Having stayed here previously (12 months ago) we decided to visit again and see if it was as we remembered. The atmosphere, the accommodation, the locality, the quality (and price) of the food and service was first class. The in-house Night Club was a 'fun place' more suitable to the 'less than middle-aged' but nevertheless was worth a visit. The outside bar area was an excellent place to relax after a meal. Only a few minutes walk to the centre of Dublin and all that had to offer (which was plenty).
Would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending to anyone, of any age, at any time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the adjoining building (not a problem in requesting) as a bit more away from any possible noise from the Night Club
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Dublin central hotel with good location near Stephens Green and city shopping area.
Bus and tram servise is very adjacent to hotel.
Avoid the weekend street noise if you require a good nights sleep.
Bathroom shower needs attention and extra space.

Room Tip: Good if you favor bar facilities for younger age groups.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Seanhorkan
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The hotel is quite nice, and I have been in the pub a few times. We were there for a Brazilian Carnival Party last time, and I had one of the best caipirinhas of my life at the bar outdoors. I was very surprised, because it's hard to find a non-Brazilian barman who can make a good caipirinha. Besides, the barman (I think he was from Czech Republic) was very nice and very patient, even with the few drunkards around. The security in the place was very good, its not a place for messers or fights, and the place was clean all the time, even the busy bathroom.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple