“Not a good stay.”

Ranked #114 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Nelson, New Zealand
“Not a good stay.”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights. Staff were unhelpful and a bit rude but the bad thing was the noisy floor boards in the hotel. We were woke with the sound of anyone moving in the room above and I guess it was the same with people below us as ours were very loud. 2 sleepless nights. :(

Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

First of all. A great spot to hang with your mates. Yea the bathroom is a bit dated, the rest is pretty standard. The staff is very helpfull and nice. The main attraction is to have a bed and part of the hotel is a night club, which is awesome
Coz they got loads of outside space. The park is 5 min away, if you want a stroll but its like 15 min walk to temple bar. In the same street as the hotel there are a few upmarket night clubs, so if you want to hang locally with the cream of the crop, dress up, otherwise head into town to the main strip. The breakfast buffet was like average as well. My overall experience is that if there was a stag do ever again in Dublin, or i want to hang with the lads on a weekend away, then I'd deffo come back!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Bray, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

After a spur of the moment decision, checked-in by a lovely gentleman on reception, very helpful. However the room was nothing exciting. It had everything you need but was very small. over all you get what you pay for.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sabrina F
Glossop, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

If I would have taken the advice from TripAdvisor I would not have stayed in this hotel but as I was traveling as part of a group and a member of the group had already visited three times before I gave it a go. The building is lovely and in a great location and the downstairs is full of period features. We were staying in a five bed-roomed room and were on the first floor, I thought after all the reviews that I was nt going to get much sleep. It was a little noisy on the first night which was a Thursday night and we did hear the party goers leave early in the morning, but all in all I managed to get a good seven hours of sleep a night on every night. The staff were very friendly and could not do enough to help us out. My only one disappointment is that the rooms could do with an upgrade but for the price I would definitely go there again with friends.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a room far away from the nightclub and at the back of the hotel as the tram run...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mcmcglinchey
Maghera, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at hotel & left disappointed. The hotel itself is in an ideal location & is a nice period feature hotel but a few things let it down 1. The noise from adjoining bedroom was excessive 2. Night porter very unfriendly 3. Smoking area TV stayed on all night that reflected into our room 4. There was ongoing works at hotel which workmen started early morning resulting in a very poor nights sleep (along with the late night antics of neighboring couple). The only positive was that the bar staff and food servers were very nice and friendly. To be honest I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed here on Easter Sunday and were flying out the next day. They room was alright, considering the price.

We had a room on the first floor and had been out for dinner and a drink. When we came back around 2am, the noise coming from the Night Club was so extreme that our entire room was vibrating from the bass. I put on headphones and turned the volume up to drown out the music from the club, but could barely hear my own music.

The club closed around 3am and then around 4 the noise from people leaving was more or less gone - and then we got to sleep!!

There is absolutely no possibility of sleep before the club closes, at least if you're on the 1st floor.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible and away from the street.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

WE stayed 3 days in Dublin at the Harcourt Hotel and found it extremely comfortable and the staff extraordinarily pleasant and accommodating. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It was concierge service on a budget. They arranged taxi's, arranged shipping to the us, even gave me batteries for my camera. The reception staff was amazing, especially Claudio. The restaurant and night club were great as well.

Room Tip: I did not see a pool or fitness center, but there could have been one. We were too busy to use those...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends