“wifi in public areas (like starbucks down the road!)”
Review of Harcourt Hotel

Harcourt Hotel
Ranked #111 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London
“wifi in public areas (like starbucks down the road!)”
Reviewed 31 October 2008

almost felt like I wasn¨t staying in a hotel mainly because I wasnt, I was staying two doors down!

Was in Ireland on a business trip and particularly wanted to stay on this lovely georgian street, but also needed to wifi

hotel advises no wifi in rooms, but wifi in public areas, so I though can live with using my laptop in hotel bar or restaurant

turns out public areas is the pub next door, noisy, poor lighting and oh yes, tables reserved for parties so could not actually sit down anywhere and use my lap top, naturally no where to plug in to save the battery

and of course usual bad tempered eastern eurpean staff buts thats everywhere nowdays!

room was clean though
Karin

• Liked — nice georgian building, nice street
  • Disliked — misleading description of wifi facilities
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank karamacLondon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Greek first
  • Slovak first
Ireland
Reviewed 15 October 2008

Decided to choose this hotel for its location. I was up in Dublin for a gig and this was the nearest hotel to it. I could not fault the location it was so near the venue and also just a 5min walk to Stephens Green which was great for shopping. The room was very small but it had exactly what we needed for one night. If you were staying for a more than a few nights I don't think I would reccommend it. The only problem with the hotel is the nightclubs that are near by. I was there a Tuesday night which we thought would mean it would be quite but we were awoken a few times with the noise. In fairness to the hotel I know that they can do nothing to prevent this and they did supply ear plugs in the room. We also ate in the hotel bar and this was lovely. Its just a pitty that all the nightclubs are near by but if your going up for night out then this is the place to stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — The noise from the nearby nightclubs
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Dublin hotels

glasgow
Reviewed 13 October 2008

3 glasgow girls...never been 2 dublin before!! so we looked on trip advisor and this hotel stood out!
we r all so glad we booked it! we had an amazing time here!
it took us about 30mins to get there in a taxi from the airport and it cost us approx 30euros.
we booked a triple room and there was pleanty of space in there (even for 3 girls and all their shoes and clothes!) the room was also clean and bright!
we were situated on the 3rd floor facing the front of the hotel.
if u read the other reviews u wil see that the hotel can be quite noisy at the weekends (but only because of the AMAZING nightclub within the hotel..but i will get to that later!) but we didnt find it overly noisy!
the staff were lovely and couldnt have helped us more if they tried!!
but back to the nightclub...it is amazing and MASSIVE!!
the restaurant "Little Ceasers" is nice and very handy! U can also get a takeaway menu to have the food up in your room

i would reccomend this hotel to any of my friends and family, but but for a quiet weekend!!
cant wait to go back next year! had an AMAZING time!!!! wouldnt even consider going to another hotel in dublin-this is the 1 for me!!

GO TO HARCOURT HOTEL-u wnt regret it!!!

kell x

• Liked — the nightclub built into the hotel! and the spacious room
  • Disliked — the distance from the airport wasnt very clear on any reviews
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
RobinWilliams
Reviewed 29 September 2008

If you're young & in Dublin to have fun & sample its night life and also hoping to click, the Harcourt Hotel is NOT the place for you. Should you be lucky enough to bring the person you met on your night out night back, be prepared to be interrigated at the door by Miss Doubtfire and go to bed alone, with all your good work undone in a matter of seconds;-(!

Stayed May 2008
San Francisco
Reviewed 3 September 2008

Don't stay here if you are travelling for business or want peace and quiet. I have stayed in nicer youth hostels and for the money it is a RIP OFF. They put me in a (tiny) twin room about 6 feet from the trash compacter - and when we complained they put us in a room above the disco which does not shut down until 2:30am... NO NO NO do not book this hotel

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — It Is Crap
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
bubblesnix
Reviewed 27 August 2008

We stayed as part of a hen party. Our room was ok but not worth the money we paid (more like a basic Travelodge). The food was terrible! For the first time in my life I asked for a refund - it was completely inedible. Most of the staff in the hotel bar were bad tempered and the drinks went up in price every hour. Is 35 Euro for 3 drinks reasonable..??

For the price of the hotel, we did not receive the level of service you would expect. I think the staff have a lot to learn about the hotel industry and making their guests feel welcome.

On the plus side, despite the expensive drinks and bar staff sweeping the dance-floor around you whilst you're dancing (!), the hotel's own nightclub was brilliant! A huge variety of music was played - everything you can imagine! It's free for residents to get in (others pay 10 Euro, I think).

To summarise - I think that if it was priced at around 70 Euro per room per night (and not 154 Euro per room) it might more adequately reflect the hotel you're visiting.

• Disliked — Rude staff
  • Stayed August 2008
Ireland
Reviewed 25 August 2008

I stayed here for a group reunion. I was not impressed with the hotel rooms, they were old fashioned and small, lighting was poor and while they were clean they were warm with little ventilation and no air conditioning. The rooms were noisy and guests were supplied with earplugs on arrival.

The staff in the hotel were not friendly, I found many of them grumpy and unhelpful, the meal we had prebooked was not served to time, we had to demonstrate to the waiter how to lay out the buffet!! The drinks in the bar were expensive and our tables were not cleared regularly.

On the next day upon ordering lunch, one of my fellow guests was served a hamburger with a hair in it, and another did not receive her main course at all, the waitress had very little english and did not appear to understand out orders.

I would only recommend this hotel to those on hen and stag parties who can afford to spend this amount of money for a base..not a hotel to relax or sleep in. There is no car park which is a major disadvantage.

• Disliked — staff attitude
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends