“very nice hotel with super location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cassidys Hotel

Cassidys Hotel
Ranked #49 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Copenhagen, Denmark
“very nice hotel with super location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed 3 nicht in Cassidy's and we really enjoyed it. The rooms were very nice, the full irish breakfast nice and the service friendly. And the location two steps from O'Connell Street can't be better!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Mogens C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (371)
  • Finnish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a couple of small complaints about our room-- the manager went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. From my experience, that doesn't happen in Europe. We spent 4 nights here and we were very satisfied. The location is very central.

1 Thank n e
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My niece recommended this hotel for an overnight stay in Dublin before we headed north. We arrived in Dublin at 5am and got to the hotel by 6am. It was about 20 minutes from the airport. Check in isn't until 3pm, but they have a secure room for us to leave our luggage. Their bistro was not open yet, it would have been nice to get a cup of tea or coffee, but the staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were comfortable, the lunch in the bistro was nice and the breakfast was very good with plentiful selections. It is conveniently located on O'Connell street, so within walking distance of the Temple Bar area, Trinity College and St. Steven's Green and restaurants. Public transportation is also readily available. There was a party going on below our window until 3am, but by that time we were so tired, it only drifted in and out of my consciousness. We should have stayed here on our return to Dublin before heading home the next day

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jillsjourneys
Kilkenny, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had a one night stay at this hotel during the week with my boyfriend. I've never written a review on anything but I was so disappointed with this hotel I kind of felt I should this time.

We got to the hotel and we were waiting at the front desk to check in, the man working on the front desk decided to ignore the fact that we were standing there for a while while he had a chat about the world cup with another (I'm guessing because they seemed to know each other) employee, the phone rang, He then answered the phone a couple of times, not even acknowledging the fact that we were right in front of him, so when he was done we finally got to check in and got the key cards for our room. I work in a job where I deal with the public on a daily basis so I'm not someone who minds waiting if I can see someone is busy or under pressure..all I'm going to say on this is a friendly nod to let us know he'd be with us in a minute would've kept us happy.

We got into our room, which was ok, clean comfy bed although pretty shabby everywhere else, leather seats in the room were split and everything just looked pretty run down, but the bed was clean and comfortable so I was pretty happy. Then I went into the bathroom, my boyfriend has a tradition where he ALWAYS has a bath whenever he stays in a hotel, this hotel is the first time he's broken that tradition..saying it was run down doesn't really cover it.. there were horrible black gaps at the sides of the tub and around some of the pipes and everything just looked really....not great... I didn't brave a shower, my boyfriend did, the water took a few minutes to heat up and at that he said it was still pretty cold, he's not a big guy and he was struggling to turn around in it without the curtain catching onto him.

We went down to the bar for a drink before our night out and the two bar staff were by far the highlight of our stay here! They were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us!
So I think it's safe to say I won't be staying in this hotel again. The location is great but I've stayed in another hotel in this area on two other occasions and I couldn't have been happier with it! I'm sorry I didn't stay there again on this occasion. A friend of mine had recommened this hotel to me and she still insists she loved her stay here so maybe we were just unlucky.. I'm not at all picky but I like to feel comfortable to at least have a shower/bath where I'm staying and I just didn't here so I won't be back.

Oh and another point, we booked a double room and got a room with a double and single bed.. Which again isn't a problem at all... but I just hope that the actual double rooms are better!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lylythian
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cassidys Hotel in Dublin is a very comfortable and clean hotel with big rooms, great location and very helpful staff! The cooked breakfast is ok, but not great. The continental breakfast is good and varied. There are plenty of nice pubs near the hotel, and the airport bus stops just around the corner. Some of Dublin's best shopping is a few minutes away. We had a very enjoyable stay in Cassidys, and would recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel outside of the Temple Bar area!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is our second time staying in this hotel. The hotel itself is very conveniently located and it is walking distance from all the Dublin attractions. The room was well equipped, very clean, reasonably spacious and very comfortable. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Although the hotel is nothing very fancy it really provides quality at a reasonable price and I would not hesitate to others visiting Dublin.

1 Thank Darren C
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We visited Dublin as a couple for 4 days and 3 nights. The staff were very welcoming, the trainee receptionist, Verdana, (who has had a lot of negative reports on here) could not of been more helpful. She was excellent with information and tips for us to help us enjoy our stay. We were given an earlier check in, although this was not guaranteed. Our room was very spacious, minimal noise through the day and night as was situated at the rear of the hotel. We found the room very clean with maids cleaning daily. We only used the restaurant for breakfast as we had decided to eat out and sample other venues. Breakfast was exceptional for the price, with a wide selection of choice available - full English/Irish with locally sourced bacon, sausages etc, choice of cereals, cold meat selection (continental), and a selection of fresh fruits too.
Negatives? Hard to think of any but if I was to be picky, I found the mattress too soft for my liking, but I still managed to sleep well enough. The decor or some painted walls maybe could do with a fresh coat of paint but overall that would not spoil anyones stay.
Overall, we had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Further you walk to your room, further it is from the main road at the front of the Hotel-less noise...