“Convenient to Everything!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Convenient to Everything!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I picked this hotel based on the reviews here. It was clean and well-kept, although the bathrooms need some updating. The hotel's location is convenient to almost everything, including public transportation. That's why I'm rating it "very good." Otherwise I would rate it "average" because we had a very hard time sleeping due to street noise at night and the hotel staff banging around during the day. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and it was very nice that we could purchase bus fare at the desk. If you want convenience and good service it's OK to stay here. Just remember to pack ear plugs. They're too expensive in Dublin.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank M B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Finnish first
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We loved Cassidy's Hotel. The Claddagh Suite was a treat for us. The bed was wonderfully comfortable, and the furnishing were top-notch. I loved the sitting area with the tea service, and the velvet chairs were very comfortable. The bath was extremely clean and large. We were rather concerned at being at the front of the hotel with the windows open, but things quietened down nicely. The staff was wonderful! They helped us and our group with everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent, and so was our supper - the salmon was divine. They happily provided a place for our musicians to set up and entertain one evening. We simply could not have asked for more from the staff or the hotel building. Perfect location.

Room Tip: Higher floors to the front are cooler in the summer.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank kayelucas
Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Location is a little out from the centre but the walk in is along the main shopping streets so safe to walk at night. Rooms basic but bathroom in need of updating. Food in the restaurant was good and a fair price, bar area nice to sit in.

Room Tip: Noisy out the back as the back of the hotel backs onto the back of bars in the next street. Choose a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Keeo
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed 3 nicht in Cassidy's and we really enjoyed it. The rooms were very nice, the full irish breakfast nice and the service friendly. And the location two steps from O'Connell Street can't be better!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mogens C
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We had a couple of small complaints about our room-- the manager went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. From my experience, that doesn't happen in Europe. We spent 4 nights here and we were very satisfied. The location is very central.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank n e
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My niece recommended this hotel for an overnight stay in Dublin before we headed north. We arrived in Dublin at 5am and got to the hotel by 6am. It was about 20 minutes from the airport. Check in isn't until 3pm, but they have a secure room for us to leave our luggage. Their bistro was not open yet, it would have been nice to get a cup of tea or coffee, but the staff was very friendly and courteous. The rooms were comfortable, the lunch in the bistro was nice and the breakfast was very good with plentiful selections. It is conveniently located on O'Connell street, so within walking distance of the Temple Bar area, Trinity College and St. Steven's Green and restaurants. Public transportation is also readily available. There was a party going on below our window until 3am, but by that time we were so tired, it only drifted in and out of my consciousness. We should have stayed here on our return to Dublin before heading home the next day

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jillsjourneys
Kilkenny, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had a one night stay at this hotel during the week with my boyfriend. I've never written a review on anything but I was so disappointed with this hotel I kind of felt I should this time.

We got to the hotel and we were waiting at the front desk to check in, the man working on the front desk decided to ignore the fact that we were standing there for a while while he had a chat about the world cup with another (I'm guessing because they seemed to know each other) employee, the phone rang, He then answered the phone a couple of times, not even acknowledging the fact that we were right in front of him, so when he was done we finally got to check in and got the key cards for our room. I work in a job where I deal with the public on a daily basis so I'm not someone who minds waiting if I can see someone is busy or under pressure..all I'm going to say on this is a friendly nod to let us know he'd be with us in a minute would've kept us happy.

We got into our room, which was ok, clean comfy bed although pretty shabby everywhere else, leather seats in the room were split and everything just looked pretty run down, but the bed was clean and comfortable so I was pretty happy. Then I went into the bathroom, my boyfriend has a tradition where he ALWAYS has a bath whenever he stays in a hotel, this hotel is the first time he's broken that tradition..saying it was run down doesn't really cover it.. there were horrible black gaps at the sides of the tub and around some of the pipes and everything just looked really....not great... I didn't brave a shower, my boyfriend did, the water took a few minutes to heat up and at that he said it was still pretty cold, he's not a big guy and he was struggling to turn around in it without the curtain catching onto him.

We went down to the bar for a drink before our night out and the two bar staff were by far the highlight of our stay here! They were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us!
So I think it's safe to say I won't be staying in this hotel again. The location is great but I've stayed in another hotel in this area on two other occasions and I couldn't have been happier with it! I'm sorry I didn't stay there again on this occasion. A friend of mine had recommened this hotel to me and she still insists she loved her stay here so maybe we were just unlucky.. I'm not at all picky but I like to feel comfortable to at least have a shower/bath where I'm staying and I just didn't here so I won't be back.

Oh and another point, we booked a double room and got a room with a double and single bed.. Which again isn't a problem at all... but I just hope that the actual double rooms are better!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple