“Nice hotel and good location”
Review of Camden Court Hotel

Camden Court Hotel
Ranked #46 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 3 June 2014

THis is a nice hotel at a reasonable rate and the bar food is good- maybe a bit pricey but good.
Only negative is when I went down for breakfast they claimed it wasn't included in the booking (through booking.com) so I had to return to my room to bring down my booking form and prove it. NOT impressed with this because when I checked in the same lady confirmed that breakfast was included!!
Apart from that I'd recommend this hotel and WILL return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maureen O
Write a ReviewReviews (2,136)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My 1st time staying at this Hotel. Staff were very helpful & pleasant. Our room was very spacious & had tea & coffee making facilities, ironing board & all bathroom requirements. Lots of restaurants close by also lots of nice pubs. The Luas line is also very near so its so easy to get into the city or the many attractions nearby.There is a beautiful Leisure center in the Hotel also. We had dinner in the restaurant & it was excellent with great staff. I would recommend this Hotel & would definitely go back to stay there.

Room Tip: rooms off the main street would be quiter
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank rodCork
Rebekah L, Online Reputation Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Your feedback is much appreciated, we're very pleased to learn you had an enjoyable experience with us on your first stay at the hotel. Our staff will be delighted to read your comments at our daily feedback reporting meetings. We're delighted that you would also recommend our hotel and return in the future. Thank for you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon. Kind Regards, Rebekah Lavelle

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Camden Court is centrally located and close to the tram line and Grafton St. Due to my error was there a day earlier than scheduled for a tour. They had a room available at reasonable price. Staff and food was great. They had fans available for when the room was to warm and brought to the room quickly. Had trouble connecting to the internet, but help came to our room quickly and resolved the problem. Stayed the first week in May. Would stay here again if I get the chance to return to Dublin, Ireland.

Despite what other reviews have reported this location is not out dated and is a fabulous place to stay.

Room Tip: The tram is two blocks away and stops at Grafton St and St. Stephens Green where all the fabulous sh...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Scamperrat

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your kind comments are much appreciated, we are delighted you had such an enjoyable experience here at our hotel. Our staff will also be pleased to read your comments. Indeed we had some minor issues with Wi-Fi as we are in the process of upgrading our in-room TV's to smart TV's but rest assured this has been resolved. We're glad we were able to combat this issue quickly for you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Kind Regards, Rebekah Lavelle

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We couldn't have asked for a better location to from which to explore Dublin. Most of the attractions are within walking distance and there are a number of excellent restaurants and bars nearby. The rooms were reasonably sized, fairly well-decorated and clean, and because we were facing the parking lot, it was fairly quiet at night. There is no air conditioning, and although the windows opened, it became a bit muggy and uncomfortably warm in the room, especially after taking showers. Though the staff was friendly enough, they didn't exhibit the same level of customer service we experienced elsewhere in Dublin. For instance, after waiting a while for someone to notice us at the desk trying to check out, a staff member opted to answer the phone rather than prioritize the guests standing in front of him. And instead of being able to provide a forgotten toothbrush, despite what it says in the hotel guide, I was sent down the road to buy one. These are admittedly very small things that would not prevent me from staying there again, but they are small things that are easy to fix and would help make guests feel more welcome.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank US2EU

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are some what pleased that you enjoyed many aspects of your stay such as location and in-room comfort but are disappointed to learn that you found our staff unhelpful in the situations you outlined. Please note your comments will be passed to management and will be dealt with accordingly. We do not supply toothbrushes as a standard vanity product in our rooms at the hotel and do not list this in our brochure or website. We do of course supply the usual shampoo, soap, body wash and moisturizers. We are sorry if you were misinformed in this respect. In relation to the staff at the front desk, generally our staff members would answer a ringing phone and kindly ask the guest to hold or take their details and call them back in the case of assisting with a guest in front of them. This is for both the convenience of the guest on the phone and to avoid the discomfort of the phone ringing when a guest is checking in or out. Our staff can then give the guest the attention needed. We apologise sincerely if this came across in an unhelpful manner. We do hope to restore your faith in our hotel in the near future, please let me know if I can be of assistance in any way. Kind Regards, Rebekah Lavelle, email: rlavelle@camdencourthotel.ie

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Although I haven't as yet stayed overnight, I use this hotel regularly as a training venue and the level of service in the business centre is excellent. While Sandra and Orla are great, and nothing is a problem for them, I particularly want to mention a member of staff called Marcin. He is so friendly and efficient as regards servicing of the room and seems to appear, as if by magic, to sort things out whenever I have a 'laptop malfunction'!!
I've had a couple of 'working' breakfasts and lunches here and they were fine but I'm looking forward to an opportunity to discover more of what this hotel has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank 4Kate1960
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This weekend we visited Dublin and stayed in Camden Court. The excellent customer service started out upon making the reservation. Although, we made a reservation for a twin room with an extra bed, we were offered a family room of same price which gave us the extra room needed. However, upon checkin, we were kind of shewed away. I shook it off and just took it as a hard day. However, from that day forward, they were all excellent! Well some more than others. They went out of their way to make us all comfortable. When traveling with small children, this makes all the difference.

We had one family room and one double room. Both rooms were clean and very comfortable. The beds and rooms were roomy and comfortable. The bathrooms were bigger than normal and provided all the extras. My children loved the pool and I loved the jacuzzi and steam room. Something for the whole family. The hotel is close to central centre. It is approximately a 15 minute walk when traveling with children. There is several supermarkets and restaurants within a 5 minute walk and a few bakeries. Free parking was great! Just don't forget to get your ticket validated.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for a family. The customer service made all the difference for me and my family. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jump5mama
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife & I spent a three-day trip to Dublin at The Camden Court. We'd pre-arranged a refurbished room, which had been decorated very pleasantly to a good standard. There were a couple of items that needed attention in the bathroom: the handrail on the wall beside the bath was a bit rickety and the tap on the handbasin was coming loose. It wasn't a problem and, to be fair, they're not going to know unless they're told, which we did on leaving. The room was clean and well tended by the service staff. The hotel itself we found to be generally well placed and, although Temple Bar is about 20 minutes walk away, this isn't really an issue unless you plan to spend all your time there, in which case you should perhaps make plans to stay at a hotel closer to that area. We didn't eat in the restaurant, so can't comment in that regard. Only two complaints - and they are relatively minor - firstly, our room was overlooking the hotel entrance plaza which houses some pretty big air-conditioning units. They are audible at times when one might prefer an early night or a lie-in and we did have to keep the windows closed at night. The other was the depth - or shallowness - of the bath! After a hike around a town I do like to come back to a nice relaxing bath and I found ours to be rather a let down in that respect. It was extremely shallow to the point that, even when the water was up to the level of the outlet, there was only enough depth to get your bum wet! I actually measured it and there can't have been more than about 8 inches of water in there by the time the bath was as full as it could be. It was probably the shallowest bath I've ever experienced and I can't work out why it was installed, unless The Camden is trying to save on water! Probably not an issue as far as most people are concerned, though, and we'd recommend this hotel to anyone on a visit here.

Room Tip: I'd advise taking a room that doesn't overlook air-conditioning units.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple