“Great location.”

Ranked #46 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
canada
“Great location.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We recently visited Ireland and because we were planning on being in Dublin at three different times on this trip we decided to work out of the same hotel. And we wanted a swimming pool. Camden Court Hotel is both well located in Dublin and it has a well kept pool. The hotel is easy walking distance to the centre of town and all the main attractions. The front desk was very helpful in finding us a quiet room( on the 6th floor) and the rooms were well kept by the superb cleaning staff. The breakfast was very good and served in a spacious dining room. There was a great pub in the hotel with an excellent chef. I would choose this hotel again when returning to Dublin. It ticked all of my boxes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank hockney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel is in a great spot for sightseeing around Dublin; pretty much everything is within walking distance. Front desk staff was very helpful, especially David. The room was nice, though a bit worn in some areas. We were on the top floor. Parking is below the hotel, so that was nice. We ate breakfast at the hotel and it was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Stephan F
Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am very difficult to please and always want to get the value of any hotel I stay at. However, at the Camden Court Hotel one gets a lot more value and service than the cost of the room. My husband stays there regularly and we organised a surprise 40th birthday for him at the hotel. Sandra in the Meeting Excellence Department was so professional and helpful and was amazing organising the food and accommodation. My husband stayed at the hotel on Thursday night (the party was on Friday) and nobody left the secret slip. There was a section cordoned off for us and everything went perfectly. The food was fab (everybody raved about the chicken) and the bar service was great.
Every time I stay at the Camden Court I feel I should write a positive review but never get around to it but this stay was a dream for us.
Even though there are loads of nightclubs and late bars around I have never been woken up by noise from the street.
As a very difficult to please person it's probably the only hotel I have stayed at that I have never had a complaint or issue about and would recommend it above any hotel in Dublin.

4 Thank AnnoyedIreland
Moose Jaw, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Let me start by saying two things... We have been travelling Ireland for almost three weeks now and had amazing accommodations along the way. Secondly, I am a travel consultant and this hotel was recommended to me.

After being lost in the city for two hours, we finally found the hotel... No where to park as the entry full of buses. The doorman yelled at me for ten minutes while my friend ran in and registered... Then we had a car full of baggage and were offered no assistance whatsoever... This hotel caters to groups, so expect nothing if you are travelling individually.

The room is extremely hot and small... Typical Europe size... We admit to having a bit of luggage after three weeks of sightseeing and shopping... In order to walk from the bed to the bathroom, we have close our suitcases and out them against the wall.... Then... Because it was so hot, we had to leave a window open. No sleep due to the street noise... We are in room 203 right over the Main Street,,, Pub noise on and cars at night and the street noise does not slow down much. Oh... and the open window never really cooled the room down... Not to mention doors banging up and down the hall.......

So far this hotel has been a horrible experience and I would not recommend it to anyone. There are better value to be had elsewhere... There is definitely better service elsewhere,...

can't wait to try the breakfast.... Maybe I can catch a nap there????

Room Tip: Do not stay here.....
1 Thank Janetinthejaw
Rebekah L, Online Reputation Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. We are disappointed to learn that you did not have a pleasant experience whilst staying with us. It is a pity I was not able to address these issues personally during your stay. I can certainly understand that you had been traveling for some time in the city centre before arriving at our hotel and would expect an efficient and welcoming check-in.

It seems you had accessed the hotel via the upper car parking entrance, in which case this is mainly used for disembarkment of our coach tours so we have porters scheduled to attend to these large groups. As it is more convenient for our guests, our attendants ask any individual guests to access our main guest car park which has plenty of available car spaces and convenient lift access to reception/rooms. We sincerely apologise if you found our attendant or any of our staff members unhelpful in this case. I believe our duty manager Deirdre Murphy had approached you about helping you with your suitcases but it seems it was too late.

In regards to the bedrooms, it is surprising to learn you had very little room to navigate with your luggage. We have a built-in storage area in all rooms beside our wardrobes to stow luggage so this has rarely posed an issue for our guests. I can understand however this may have been an issue in your case due to the volume of luggage. We would have been happy to store some of your luggage in our main luggage storage area for you if we had known this was an inconvenience for you.

We indeed had been experiencing some unusual warm weather here in Dublin in recent weeks, thus this has increased the temperature at the hotel. We provide fans for the bedrooms on request, we are very sorry you did not have the opportunity to avail of this.

We hope to be able to restore your faith in our hotel and I would invite you to contact me directly should you decide so, I would be pleased to monitor your stay and tend to any special requests you may have. My email address is rlavelle@camdencourthotel.ie or my direct line is 01 4283920. We hope to be able to welcome under better circumstances in the near future. Kind Regards, Rebekah Lavelle
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great location. Parking. No breakfast but a fabulous pool, sauna, steam room. A very nice, modern lobby and bar but why don't they put a little more effort into decorating the rooms? Ours was cramped, with standard, cheap, and chipped, motel furnishings and a stained brown carpet . Without changing the size, replace the carpet, alter the lighting, the drapes, put up some nice pictures: it could be so much more pleasant (and perhaps bring in more money). And whose idea was it to put a 1 1/2 inch high door stop directly in front of the toilet? I've tripped on it at least four times. The advertised "four star" it's not. Who decides on and gives out these "stars" anyway?

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to review your recent stay on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to learn you had found our location ideal and enjoyed a number of our leisure facilities. In regards to decor, we have only recently been awarded 4 star classification due to a number of upgraded services, new offerings and furnishings at the hotel. This is evident in almost all of our bedrooms and general areas of the hotel. It seems you had been allocated one of our very few non-refurbished bedrooms. We do however strive to offer the same level of comfort, service and amenities in all bedrooms so we apologise if your room was not of satisfaction. We have noted your comment in relation to the door stop and passed this on to management to consider. Thank you for your feedback.

We do hope to welcome you again on another occasion and if I can be of assistance in any way please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind Regards, Rebekah Lavelle - rlavelle@camdencourthotel.ie - 01 4283920.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here Monday and Tuesday night. The rooms had recently been updated and were very comfortable, lovely comfy beds. Everything nice and clean. Dave (I think the assistant manager) was great, nothing was too much trouble and the maids were also very helpful, in fact everyone was. The breakfast is very nice but a typical "hotel" breakfast and atmosphere, may be better to walk into town and get breakfast elsewhere - see my review of K C Peaches. I would def recommend and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a twin room and I had asked for a quiet room and it certainly was - room 202. We slept all n...
3 Thank jamesmomanddad
St Albans
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Booked in for two nights arriving from Dublin Port by car. Nice welcome from Magda. We were allocated a room which was street side. It was hot with no air-con. It was no trouble for Magda to provide an alternative room nearer the back away from the sun. There was still no air-conditioning however because the room was away from the sun it was cool and we could leave the window open overnight without it being noisy (Room Tip!). The room has usual comforts like tea-making facilty, iron etc. although I would have liked a room-safe to keep passports, jewellery etc. The bed was very comfortable.The lifts work well and promptly. Magda was able to recommend local alternative restaurants, advice on the area etc.
The free off-road parking was a great bonus. There is a great pub directly next-door.
I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back (away from the street) are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business