“Excellent hotel with friendly staff”
Review of Camden Court Hotel

Camden Court Hotel
Ranked #45 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed 7 January 2011

We stayed at the hotel for 3 nights over the New Year. The location of the hotel was great for a nice brisk walk into the city centre. The surrounding area looks a little rough but we found the people outside the hotel great and very friendly. The hotel itself was lovely. When we arrived we had a warm welcome for the reception staff and nothing was too much trouble. They were very polite and efficient at their job and we were booked in quickly. The hotel was very clean and our room was great. We had room service daily. They were also very good making the bed, tidying and changing the towels. The breakfast was included within the price and the head waiter was very polite in the morning and the standard of food was very good with plenty to eat for breakfast. We bought an evening meal at the hotel on our last night which was three courses and it was reasonable priced, presented well and tasted great. The facilities within the hotel were good, although the pool was not working but that was not the hotels fault and they tried hard to keep the other facilities open despite Ireland having a water shortage. We expected to pay it little more for our drinks but we were surprised that they were much the same as outside and that was great if you wanted a night in. We had a great time at the hotel and I would like to thank all the staff for the welcome and professionalism shown which is great and goes to making a fabulous weekend away. As for Dublin it was brilliant and the Irish people we met were very friendly and we will have no hesitation to return and stay at the same hotel which we have recommended to our friends.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Stephen_Hanna, General Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 18 January 2011
Thank you for sharing your good experience at the Camden Court Hotel on TripAdvisor we really appreciate it. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Dublin and that both the hotel staff and amenities made your stay a more enjoyable one. I look forward to seeing you back in Dublin soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Stayed here over the new year for 4 nights, the rooms were spotless, the staff were helpful and cheerful, the location was excellent and my personal favourite the breakfast included in the excellent room rate was delicious! Could not find a fault!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoy staying with us. I am very pleased that you found our hospitalities to be up to scratch. Both the staff and I look forward towelcoming you back to the Camden Court Hotel again soon.
Dublin
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Stayed overnight in this hotel and was very disappointed. I had requested a quiet non smoking room on booking a room on the hotel website. However the room was noisy and as none of the room doors on that floor seem to close properly everyone, had to slam their doors making it impossible to sleep. The weather outside was freezing and the room was cold - there didn't appear to be temperature control in the room to heat it up and there were no extra blankets in the room so had to sleep with coat on top of bed for heat. The bathroom was clean but in need of update. Although my room was non-smoking I think the room opposite was a smoking room as I could smell cigarettes in the corridor and inside the bedroom door.

The breakfast was average but room service was punctual.

Check out was poor. There was only one person working and four people waiting to check out. The receptionist then proceeded to answer a telephone call during check out and left everyone else waiting. The staff member was extremely rude and when I asked for the manager they too were very unprofessional. When I asked a basic question they raised their eyes to heaven and tutted as they went off to try and get the answer, commenting to their colleague as they went, obviously not realising that I could see their actions.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. I apologies that the Camden Court Hotel did not live up to your expectations. I was very disappointed to hear of your problems and will be raising them with appropriate staff members. In relation to our bedrooms, we have just completed a refurbishment to 25 of our rooms and another 25 rooms will be started on this quarter. These newly refurbished rooms will illuminate your problems with our bedrooms. If you do decide to visit Dublin again I would be delighted if you contact me directly on +353 1 428 3900. I will ensure all hospitalities are extended to you. Once again, please accept my apologies and I look forward, hopefully to welcoming you back in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We stayed here for 4 nights in November 2010. The lobby is very nice and comfortable to sit around in, there is also a nice bar. The pool is really nice as are the steam and sauna and jacuzzi. The changing rooms are a bit cold and grubby but fine. Even having to wear a swim cap isn't the end of the world. The hotel room was freezing when we arrived but after adjusting the radiator it was ok although the heating was switched off during the day so it took a while to warm up each evening. Room was big and clean and reasonably quiet for dublin. Area was nice, 10 mins into town and some lovely cafes within a couple of minutes. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2010
Stephen_Hanna, General Manager at Camden Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to Dublin and liked staying in the city centre. Apologies for the issue with the radiator and heating but thank you for making me aware of the issues you found. Hopefully we will see you again soon and the heating issues will be rectified.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 November 2010

Only a few blocks from St. Stephen's Green, the Camden Court was our hotel for a four day Thanksgiving holiday stay. The hotel has an extremely helpful and friendly staff, a fine pool and workout room and comfortable beds in an otherwise average room. We would certainly stay there again, especially at the $85/night rate we paid on Hotwire, but would insist on a room off the street, as midnight revelers in the street created a lot of noise in Room 318 (which faces the street).

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Camden Court Hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay in Dublin. Thank you for your comments about our facilities here and the staff. If you return to Dublin we would be more than happy to ensure you are given a room that is not facing the street as it can quite busy. We hope to see you again soon.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2010

If you are planning a break to Dublin I would not hesitate to recommend Camden Court. From check in to check out employees from management to waiting staff all excelled. Bedrooms warm,comfortable and clean, pool, sauna and steam room just the place to relax and unwind. Excellent choices at breakfast from freshly prepared fresh fruit salad daily to cooked food served by the chef. A pleasant 15 minute walk down Harcourt Street and you are at the hub of busy city life or a quiet stroll through St Stephen's Green. Fabulous restaurants nearby ie La Mere Zou, Il Primo and Little Ceasars!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to hear you enjoy staying with us at The Camden Court Hotel. I am very pleased to hear your good experiences with everything from food to leisure facilities. Both the staff and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
london
Reviewed 18 November 2010

My Partner and I decided to take a 3 day break in Dublin and opted to stay at the Camden Court Hotel about a mile from the City centre. We arrived early and were extremely pleased with the efficient booking in and to be told our room was ready, which was really welcome. The room itself, was at the rear of the hotel overlooking the car park/taxi drop off and pick up point.The room itself wasn't especially well decorated, the wall was marked and generally felt cold. The bathroom was better but the shampoo and shower gels provided were poor and a bit unpleasent to use. Tea/coffee making was ok. The sound on the t.v didnt really work very well on one speaker cutting in and out..The Restaurant was ok, generally nice and clean but it lacked atmosphere and in the evening wasn't well attended, beyond a large and noisy party of elderly american tourists. The second night in the Restaurant wasn't much better with the Manager tut tuting that we hadn't booked a table, even though the place was empty, bar ourselves and one other table full of Priests, out on a jolly. The Manager soon disappeared and afterwards anyone else wishing to dine late i.e after 8p.m had to seek help from the Reception Desk. A three course meal set us back, 25 euros ahead plus an average bottle of wine at 18 euros - on reflection we should have eaten out ,as we did for breakfast up the road in a Cafe called 'Yum Yums, offering great value at 6 euros a head!(Dublin doesnt need to be expensive) The only thing that wasn't very good in the Hotel was the fact the children seemed to be playing throughout the Lobby and into the Bar after 9p.m. In fact, children seemed everywhere, given the number of large family groups taking up most of the space. I feel there should be a limit to the concept of being family friendly here, during the late evening.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. I was disappointed to read the contents of your review and I apologise that we did not live up to your expectations. Let me assure you that I am treating all of your points seriously, and that we are in the process of remedying some of the issues that you have raised. With regard to our bedrooms, we have just completed a refurbishment project on a selection of our rooms, so perhaps if you are planning to return to Dublin in the future we can ensure that you are offered one of these rooms.
To offer you some sort of recompense, but more importantly to restore your faith in the Camden Court Hotel if you decide to visit Dublin again I would be delighted if you would contact me directly on + 353 1 428 3900, so that I may ensure all hospitalities are extended to you
Once again, please accept my sincerest apologies, and I look forward, hopefully, to welcoming you back in the future.