“Decent Hotel in Great Location”
Review of Blooms Hotel

Blooms Hotel
Ranked #79 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went to dublin for 3 day break in late July and stayed at the Blooms. Choose this because of the location, one street back from Temple Bar, 2 min walk from Trinity College and Grafton Street. 5 mins to the River and O'Connell Street, 10 mins from St Stephen's Green. Brilliant for doing all the tourist spots.

Hotel is decent, we were in a double room which was small and basic but we were only in it to sleep in so didn't really matter.

We had lunch and a few drinks in the pub in the hotel (Vat House) one day and food was pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to make your review of your stay with us, a pleasure to read it was enjoyable and comfortable.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

There are newer reviews for Blooms Hotel

Reviewed 29 July 2014

we had 2 night stay and the service package is just basic. However, the noise from outside is so terrible to us, as we did expect a good sleep even though we chose the stay in the heart of the city. This is not my first time to stay in the heart of the city, but this experience in the Blooms would remind me to think it over if I really wish to stay at the heart of the city. I could not say the service was disappointing as the staff were nice to help. But I really could not sleep as people were partying outside in the vicinity with singing, music, shouting....all made up as noise in midnight I am afraid to say. Overall speaking, I like the atmosphere of this lively city, street performance was exciting too. However, there are 2 points for sharing: firstly, for 2 nights stay, we, a group of 3 people did not sleep at all for 2 nights as we were not allowed to by such level of noise outside, in the vicinity of the hotel. Secondly, deep in mid-night 3 something, 2 nights with 2 times of experience of each with false fire alarm....though we did not sleep at all, these alarms did make alarms to us and the other people of the same floor, 4th floor. People were opening doors and shouting, what happened...and so forth. Though it is a good location to the heart of the city, I still wonder if the travelers like us need a good sleep after a long day walk would consider this choice. At the end, the offer to us is not at all cheap, but in the beginning as said, we prefer the stay in the city heart. After this, I would take a serious thought if staying in the city heart is a good act.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 767Bee

Many thanks for your feedback.

Being in such a prime city centre location on one side is accessibility to most major Dublin attractions and events but on the other side it will be noisy also. We have no control over street noise and public behaviour. It is great to read that you found the staff to be friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights on a hen do and did not sleep for two nights! The hotel is above a night club which kicks out noise till about 4am it was that loud the kettle on the side was moving! There was no aircon so it was roasting and the prices in the bar where horrendous!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank xclaireloux

Many thanks for your feedback.

Being in such a prime city centre location on one side is major Dublin events and attractions for all our guests but on the other side it will be noisy also. I am disappointed to read that you left with us such a dissatisfied experience. Had we been aware of this on the night of your stay with us, we would have been in a position to offer you a room move.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Our lot stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and we were overall happy with our stay. The best thing with this hotel is it's location close to shopping, nightlife, sight-seeing etc. That and the relatively inexpensive rooms were the reasons why we chose this hotel. Everything worked ok with our stay but there were also some problems like the water pressure was quite low and the hairdriers in our rooms were not working. I might still choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor seemed to be quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mint76

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad that your overall stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable and you like our location.

I am very sorry for the water pressure and hair dryer issue and would like to assure you that this is not our standard and that the issues has been addressed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The stay at this hotel goes down as one of the worst in my life. It's dirty. The carpet was stained. There was hair on the pillows from the resident before. I felt like I was due for a shower just standing in the room.

There is a club downstairs. I was on the sixth floor and the interior of my room was vibrating. There is also loud noise from the streets below.

There is no reason to stay at this hotel unless you are partying and trashed and just want a place to crash or get into further trouble for a few early morning hours. Don't book this hotel for any other reason.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank justfine7890

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review, it is with great disappointment that I note that your stay with us was not comfortable and enjoyable, so please accept my sincere apologies.

Should our guests bring their discomfort to our attention we act swiftly to provide alternative rooms, so that they may have enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. I would like to clarify one issue with you that we don't have sixth floor in our hotel.

I would be grateful to you if you would contact me directly so that I may discuss the matter with you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is fine and convenient for the city centre. We were given vouchers for complimentary drinks in the bar which was a nice bonus. We had been warned that the hotel was noisy, and while our room was away from the road we were next to the air conditioning plant. It wasn't great but you get used to it after a while. There is live music in the bar normally but this was suspended while the World Cup was on, so that isn't something I can comment on. There was some mould in the shower but the room was clean otherwise. Overall a pleasant basic hotel with friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom R

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that your overall stay with us was enjoyable and comfortable.

Please accept my sincere apology for the room allocation near to the air-con unit. Had we been aware of this issue on the night of your stay with us, we would have been in a position to offer you a room move.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

If you don't expect frills and a quiet night's sleep then this hotel is close to ideal. It's basic and nothing fancy but our rooms were clean and the hotel staff friendly and helpful. We were a party of 6 in 4 rooms (2 sets of couples, 2 singles) and not one of us had a complaint about the room(s) so that counts for something. Yes, it's very noisy but then we expected that and were prepared not to sleep too soundly. Temple bar in itself is an incredibly vibrant and noisy area, coupled with the fact that hotel's VAT bar has live music until past midnight most nights and that the M nightclub is housed in the basement, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SLEEP - especially weekend nights. Also, remember that when you do fall asleep the pre-dawn beer deliveries and street cleaners will wake you up. TAKE EARPLUGS.... Loved, loved, loved the one-man guy that serenaded us until 2am on the Saturday night we were there. He had a great voice and a wonderful repertoire of songs. We didn't eat breakfast so can't vouch for the food served in the dining hall. The best part of the hotel is the location - it's central to everything: bars, food, culture (Trinity college), DART, Liffey, etc. etc.

Room Tip: Take an inside room but don't expect it to be that much quieter...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank GiGlGlobal
JR0113, Manager at Blooms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Being in such a prime city centre location, on the one side is accessibility to most major Dublin attractions and events but on the other side, it will be noisy. We couldn't control street noise.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.