“Return visit”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 29 August 2011

On arrival at Westin we were greeted warmly by the staff due to early arrival our check in was completed and bags stored for later collection and room allocation. Breakfast was in Bewlays fantastic hard to imagine you were sitting in the middle of Dublin Great breakfast and friendly attentive staff.

Twin room spacious,clean, beautiful bathroom,well ventilated. No great view but when you are staying such a short time nothing to worry about. Central location for ALL amenities and walking to and from venues very easy. Airport bus stops just outside Westin for return flights.

Viking tour splash NOT to be missed - Fantastic. What a way to tour Dublin and the commentary was brilliant encouraging all on board to participate great gift. Plenty of street artists showing their products leaving you spoiled for choice in the purchasing department.

St Stephens green and park beautiful to work around place for children to play within sight of their guardians.

Aviva stadium impressive, great organisation getting fans in and out a credit to the authorities.

Overall a great weekend and the people of Dublin so friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2011

Dear Scotlandmgt,
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind comments will be well received by our team here.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dublin

Reviewed 29 August 2011

The Westin in Dublin is a great location and a great stay. Appreciated the choices in eating/drinking within the hotel, especially as I was there for business and not venturing out every night. Staff were friendly and polite and they did not forget my face as I was there for a week. Rooms were nicely sized and beds were super comfy. I appreciated their "carbon footprint" incentive to give 5 euros towards a beverage at the hotel if you opted to not have your room cleaned for a day. Great idea. Gym was small but clean with good selection of machines and weights.

Room Tip: Request room tucked away in the back of the hotel - avoid rooms in front (facing busy street) and ro...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica M

Dear Jessica M,
I appreciate you posting your kind comments following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Westin experience and you had the opportunity to take advantage of our facilities. I will be sure to pass your appreciation onto our team here.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

After a long trip from Cork Arriving at a so called "5 Star hotel" only to find no one is sight to park the car. we finally found someone and waited on line to check in. After a LONG wait, finally got to the room to enter the bathroom and realize NO toilet paper. none on a shelf , not in a cabinet, none in the room. waited a good 15 minutes for some. Than decided to shower and get ready for dinner. Took out the iron and tried to press clothes only to find out the Iron leaks!! All over the floor and all over my shirt on the ironing board and into my luggage!! A call to the front dest again only to wait another 20 minutes. (I haven't called the front dest in a hotel in years), 2 problems in no time arriving to this Hotel.. we finally got a new iron and made it to dinner to ask if they would take us now that we are late.. We wake up in the morning and try to check E mail....Not without a credit card!! a "5 star" Hotel that charges by the hour for WIFI This was by far the worst Westin I have ever been to and will never be back. I don't want to bash much more there is no need TRUST ME there Has to be better places to stay in dublin that offer the convince of being close to things.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Allen F

Dear Allen F,
It is truly disappointing to me to receive such a negative review from one of our guests and I can assure you your comments will be addressed. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused to you while you stayed and urge you to contact me directly should you like to arrange another reservation with us.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
General Manager.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

The Westin Dublin was in a fantastic location - walking distance to almost everything Dublin has to offer. The rooms were very spacious and the employees were so nice.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear TRyan414,
I appreciate you posting your kind comments following your stay with us. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your Westin experience.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Stayed in this hotel with my wife for one night while in Dublin and was very impressed. I dont know a lot about 5* hotels as have rarely stayed in one but managed to get a really good price from lastminuite.com as part of there hush hush deals for €165 for the two of use. We arrived in our car and pulled up on the street infront of the hotel and handed my keys over and away it was taken. It did cost €25 for the night but it would cost the same if you had to find parking and it avoided all that hassle.
Hotel is very lush and grand, plenty of yes sir no sir can I help you sir. We were offered the upgrade to the president suite for a cost of €300 which we declined. The room overlooked the atrium on the inside of the building which was fine but no front of building room was available. The bed was fantastic and slept great. The step in shower was also top class and the room was very comfortable to be in. There is no late residents bar but room service was prompt and friendly and not to badly priced .One of the best things about this hotel is the loaction right in the center of the city, no taxis needed across the road from Trinity college & Temple bar and a couple of mins. from Grafton st. & O'connel st. We didnt have the breakfast as there was so much choice to eat at your door step.All in all would recomend it if you can get it at the right price.
The only thing I could complain at and it is only picking for something, is the ceiling in the Step in shower had mildue on it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

5* - I don't think so!!!!! Dreadful service!!! Quite simply the longest check-in and check out process EVER! Hotel is hugely under-staffed! One elevator servicing all floors! Breakfast was sooooooooooo average - no juice, water or sauces in sight - everything is 'policed' by the slowest staff in the world! Could not even get a glass of water without first enquiring if it was possible and then waiting for 15 minutes whilst it was obtained! But the icing on the cake .... has to be credit card payment for Wi-fi!!! Seriously, in this day and age for a 5* hotel not to offer complimentary wi-fi service is a joke! Whilst the Westin is perfectly located, there are much better value hotels in the area. Will not be back!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank fairlyhot
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear fairlyhot,
I appreciate you taking the time to post your comments. It is really disappointing to hear you did not enjoy your Westin experience. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced while we are going through some training programmes with the newest members of our team.
I would encourage you to contact me directly should I be able to assist you further on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed 21 August 2011

Nice rooms, perfect location across from Trinity College and a short walk to just about everything else....don't miss the Palace Bar across the street

Room Tip: we were on the 5th floor and it was very quiet with a nice view of the College
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Dear Drawsy02132,
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our central location.
I hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.