“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Mesa, Arizona
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 14 September 2012

This Hotel was outstanding from the moment of our check-in to our departure. Everyone and I mean everyone was pleasant, helpful and very attentive to all our needs. The room (we had one overlooking the Atrium) was beautiful - they mentioned they had just been renovated. There were robes, full coffee/tea service, safe and free WiFi and all without an extra charge. They also have a business center with two computers for you to use and also no charge.
The full breakfast was wonderful - one of the nicest I've had - not a disappointment at all. The dinning room was very nice as well - great service and quality of food was excellent. We loved this Hotel and hated to leave - the location is perfect - close to - all within easy walking to most tourist sites.

Room Tip: The Atrium room we felt was a good choice - there is not street noise or any noise for that fact tha...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear Julie S

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your recent stay with us in The Westin Dublin.

I am delighted to be reading your comments; it is kind words like yours that make our hard work worthwhile. We are very lucky with our location and I am pleased that you found it advantageous. I am delighted you enjoyed one of newly renovated rooms and you were able to rest and rejuvenate while you stayed with us.
I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Best regards,
General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Rooms were clean. Staff was ridiculously nice and helpful. Food was ok. Location was great - across the street from Temple Bar. I would definitely stay here again. They made a winter trip to Ireland very enjoyable

• Stayed December 2011
Dear MattP

Thank you very much for posting your review of The Westin Dublin. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here in The Westin Dublin. We do have wonderful location and I am glad l am glad to read that you to enjoyed that.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 September 2012

The Westin was an old bank building and the Vault Bar in the basement is a great place to have drinks before going out for the night or after you come back from a night out. The staff are top notch and the hotel is appointedly nicely. The room was very small and we were upgraded! I can't imagine what the room would have been without the upgrade. Though small, the room was great! Wonderful bathtub that one could stretch out in after a long day site-seeing. The beds were slightly bigger than a twin, but smaller than a full size (by American standards). The AirCoach from the Dublin Airport sets down and picks up in front of the hotel. Trinity College is across the street and Grafton Street a few blocks up. The National Library is not far in the other direction. Stellar location!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Dear HannahRattigan
Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts,I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your accommodations . I am delighted the team helped you to enjoy your visit to Dublin.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin soon.
Kind regards
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2012

What we loved about this hotel :

1. Location, location, location. And did I mention the location? Seriously though - it doesn't get more convenient than this. Temple Bar is right across the road, Trinity College is literally next door. Several shopping areas are within very easy walking distance, and the bus tours stop half a block away.

2. The room was very nicely appointed, with a view over Trinity College, a really comfortable bed, soft linens, great bathroom supplies. And the room had a safe in the cupboard, which we like - we're amazed by how many hotels don't provide these!

3. The room was very quiet. We had no noise coming through from either side, and heard only fleeting noise from the hallway. A rare surprise for us, as we find a lot of hotels have lousy soundproofing.

Bad points :

1. Not a deal-breaker, but the room was very small. No room to sit except on the bed, and a bit short on cupboard space. Good enough for tourists who are out and about all day and all night, but not sure I'd want to stay here on a business trip when I like to relax and spread out a bit.

2. Internet cost 12 euros per day, even with SPG membership. Standard approach for a lot of hotels, but I still consider this a rip-off. Internet is like TV these days - it should be part of a standard deal.

We didn't use the gym, or eat in the hotel. Given the number of great bars and restaurants that are literally on your doorstep, it would be criminal to eat in!

Room Tip: The side overlooking Trinity College also overlooks a very busy road, so avoid these if you are sens...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Dear Sielah

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel again.

Yours sincerely,
Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We had a great stay at this hotel in July. The location right by Trinity College couldn't have been better for us and the room was very well appointed and very comfortable. All the staff we encountered were super friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear hotelobession

I appreciate the time you have taken to post your review of The Westin Dublin.

We have a fantastic location here right in the centre of Dublin and I am happy you could enjoy that. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your kind comments on to the team.
Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin soon.

Kind regards,
Summerside, Canada
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Nice Hotel, Good location....Horrific service. This supposed five star hotel would rarely answer phone calls from our room (rang ten-fifteen minutes at a time), missed wake up calls (even showed where the scheduled calls had mysteriously been scratched out by someone) and would receive unrequested room cleaning refusal slips under our door as an excuse not to daily upkeep the room. It felt like we were in high school being systematically bullied by the cool kids. There is a serious problem with the staffing of this hotel. I have been traveling for thirty years and have never encountered anything this bad and/or childish. My days of being a customer at the Westin chain have ended!!!

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 329SteveD216
Dear 329SteveD216
I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to The Westin Dublin.
Firstly I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincerer apologies for the disappointing experience you had while you stayed with us.
At The Westin Dublin we strive to deliver a high standard of personalised service to all our guests and in this case it appears we let you down.
I would like to thank you for getting in contact with us directly this meant we were able to go some way towards resolving some of the concerns you had. I am pleased that our Front Office manager Jacqueline was able to assist you with this.
I apologise again for our shortcomings on this occasion. It is only by receiving such feedback from our guests that we are able to truly understand what our guests are experiencing. This obviously allows us to correct and enhance our service and hotel offering.
Please do feel free to contact me directly should your travels bring you back to Dublin. I would be delighted to take personal care of your reservation and have you stay with us again.
Kind regards
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

The rooms were great and well specified for the price. The location was stellar, right in the heart of the city with Temple bar, trinity college and o'connell street right on the doorstep, the reception staff were well informed for day tours and things to see and do in the city.

Highly recommend

• Stayed August 2012
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Dear Ladymacro824
Thank you for taking the time to posting your review of The Westin Dublin.
I am happy to be reading your review; I am very pleased to read that you were happy with your accommodations. I am glad that the concierge team were able to help you with your sightseeing in Dublin.

I do look forward to welcoming you back again to The Westin Dublin soon.

Best Regards