“Outstanding service”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #12 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This was our 2nd trip to this hotel. As stated in my 1st review, the location is perfect for exploring all Dublin has to offer and we had a lovely suite room. We took this as a break as I am undertaking treatment for a serious illness and unfortunately I became ill whilst staying at the hotel. The staff were really helpful and supportive to my husband and helped to deal with the situation efficiently and sensitively. A minor mix up with luggage resulted in my husband and I missing our flight home, but Luwen the duty manager was an absolute star in rectifying the situation and making sure I was as comfortabale as possible. Not to mention dealing with my extremely stressed husband!! This was reflective of all the staff at this hotel, from the restaurant to housekeeping I also witnessed staff in reception dealing with a particularly obnoxious and rude guest (no not my husband) in a professional and calm manner. Food is good, rooms are spotless, would highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Sarah B
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2013

Hi Sarah

Thank you so much for your lovely comments after your stay with us in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted that the whole team helped you during your stay and while you were not feeling well during your stay with us.
Sarah I hope you are moving towards feeling somewhat better. I have passed your kind comments to Luwen and she is delighted.

I do hope that the next time you visit us from Leeds you will be feeling better and we will be able to welcome you back to The Westin.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Dublin

Reviewed 24 April 2013

This was a birthday treat for my first time to Ireland. (was on the "Bucket list"). What a brilliant experience for my first time to Ireland. There were no faults at all with this place. Rooms were beautiful, bedding, facilities etc etc. Staff during the whole stay were well trained, friendly, helpful, all were a credit to the hotel. Plus what an excellent Doorman to greet and help, what a welcome to the hotel, many thanks Peter for his assistance finding our bearings in Dublin. The Mint Bar, great to sit at the bar and watch the staff making the cocktails, my they work so hard but stayed friendly and helpful. Do not miss going down for a drink and the experience. Thanks also for the birthday chocolate shortbread left in out room, lovely touch and very yummy. I would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone going to Ireland also great location. We purchased the the 3 day transport pass which was well placed when our feet ached and the return trip to the airport. Massive thanks for making our stay so pleasurable.

2  Thank AlisonF60
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thanks for taking the time to post your review of The Westin Dublin.
It is so nice that you enjoyed your birthday stay with us. I am delighted that you chose to let us look after you for your birthday celebration.
I have passed your lovely comments to Peter and he is delighted that he helped you during your visit. I would like to say thanks again and I do hope that you will visit Dublin for a second time and we hope to welcome you back to The Westin Dublin again.

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin for 3 nights early April. A group of 8 girls, double rooms, hen party. A very impressive building, fab location in the heart of city centre 5 min walk to grafton street and temple bar. The rooms are big, modern and clean, the most comfortable bed ive ever slept in, im not exaggerating! We had afternoon at Atrium, absolutly delish, mojito serverd in teapots, amazing. Food was fresh and free wifi in parts of building was very handy. The gym is small but not many people using it. Try Avoca for breakfast or lunch, absolutely delicious food and service. I would defo recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Ellena L

Ellena
Thanks for posting your thoughts after you and your friends visited us in The Westin Dublin. It is lovely that you enjoyed your three night visit in Dublin, we are so lucky with our location right in the heart of Dublin city.
I agree with you ‘The Most Peculiar Afternoon Tea’ is really delightful.
Thank you again for your nice words.

Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

From the super friendly staff, the superb room, the great shower (American style pressure :)), a varied and delicious breakfast buffet, and the utterly unbeatable location - this is an excellent hotel. Oh: and the Mint Bar ain't bad as well

• Stayed: April 2013

Hi JonCaves
Thanks for your lovely comments after your stay with us in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted that the whole team helped you to enjoy your visit with us.
I do hope that the next time you visit us from Seattle we will be able to welcome you back to The Westin.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Tea at the Westin is set in the upstairs Atrium away from the hustle and bustle of the main lobby and entrance. The Atrium is is bright because of skylights but there are no windows and this adds to the sense of withdrawal from the busy streets of Dublin’s city centre. The calmness inside and well-spaced tables make it ideal for quiet get-togethers or meetings.

The tea list was extensive and confusing. There are three pages of tea over two separate menus. I wasn’t too sure what to make of it all. On the one hand I was impressed to see a Yellow tea on a hotel menu and there was an impressive selection of Black and Green tea. On the other hand have no idea what a Fire Mountain Yellow Tea is and there were two huge categories of tea missing: Oolong and Pu-erh.

I ordered the Jasmine Silver Needle White tea and was duly presented with the Flowering Osmanthus Green Tea! I was really happy for the mix-up. I just wish they had prepared it in front of me so I could see it beforehand and watch it “bloom”. Osmanthus flower can be dried and prepared on its own as a herbal tea but for flowering teas, green tea is handtied around the flower. It starts off as a small round ball and expands to reveal colourful flower when hot water is added. These teas are appreciated for their visual appeal rather than their taste and that held true in this case too.

The food on the other hand was very flavoursome. The sandwiches and scones (with clotted cream) were fresh and tasty but the fruit cake and pastries were outstanding. There was a chocolate cup of Irish whiskey cream, pistachio macaroon, lemon sponge cake, red velvet cake and cheesecake with berries. They were all delicate and delicious.

Surprisingly, after about an hour I was told that the table was reserved and I would need to move to another table (there were plenty) or leave before 4:30pm. I had finished eating and wasn’t in the mood for playing musical chairs so I left but was miffed that my relaxing afternoon was turned into a clock-watching situation.

Afternoon tea at the Westin is €24 which is not bad for the city centre location, the relaxing setting and above-average pasteries. To avoid being rushed, it would be worth confirming at the booking stage that they do not need the table back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Hello PouringTea
Thank you very much for your lovely review of our afternoon tea, the team in The Atrium is very happy that you enjoyed your experience with them.
The Atrium is truly a tranquil space for you to enjoy a calm break in the middle of Dublin city.
I have spoken with our manager in The Atrium and she hopes that the next time you come in you can ask one of the associates to talk you through the tea menu. We have a tea sommelier in The Atrium and she would be delighted to guide you through the tea menu.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

Great location in the middle of the city, easy walking distance to temple bar, grafton and most of the city sites. The hotel bar, The Mint bar, is really nice for starting or ending your evening in Dublin. The hotel staff recommended some really good restaurants during our stay, booked cab service for us, helped with luggage and were overall very attentive. We got down to the restaurant right before breakfast service stopped and they accomadated us without making us feel we bothered or inconvienenced them at all. It's a bit pricey but well worth it for the service, comfortable bed, large bathroom (compared to most all other places we stayed in Ireland) and location! Only complaint would be having to pay for wifi. If McDonald's offers free wifi I would think a five star hotel would. The b&b's we stayed at even offered free wifi so I found it a bit odd that we had to pay $7 euro for one hour of service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear TPaulo
I want to thank you for your lovely review of The Westin Dublin.
It is very nice to read that you enjoyed your room and were able to rest and rejuvenate there after a day of visiting Dublin. I am happy that you had a good time in The Mint bar and I am happy to read that the team in The Exchange restaurant looked after you too.
I hope the next time you are in Ireland from Florida that we will see you in The Westin Dublin.
Slan agus Beannacht.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

My last stay at this hotel was seven years ago and things have only got better at this hotel. The classic room on the top floor was recently refurbished, large, very comfortable with a nice view of the street below. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and accommodating. If you're having an in-room breakfast, the bacon and egg muffin is a must! I can't wait to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Hi dochogan
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
I am delighted you were happy with your room and you like our new refurbishment. I hope that you drop in to us the next time you visit Dublin from Cork. I look forward to your return visit.