“What a nice classy hotel”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London
“What a nice classy hotel”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed at this hotel earlier this week, meeting American colleagues who are Starwood points obsessed. So did not hold much hope. However this is in a great location just off Temple bar, away from the noise, so on the south side. I had an executive room on the top floor which had recently been renovated. Very well decorated, huge bathroom with free standing rain shower and a great little terrace overlooking the street below. This would be a real bonus in the summer, a very romantic little spot to watch Dubliners pass by below. Best of all was the bed. Oh so nice and comfy. Go try. Will visit again when in Dublin on business next year.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear TravelMaxxer
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I am so happy that you were pleased with your accommodations and liked our newly refurbished rooms. I am delighted that your experience will mean that you will return to stay with us- that is our ultimate goal. I hope that you signed up to our SPG loyalty program and you too can become points obsessed! We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Had a great one night stay here. Very central location opposite Trinity College. Was assigned a king-size room which was very spacious and very well fitted out. Found the staff very welcoming and professional. Will definitely return again for another visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello wkmvisit
Thanks for your lovely review; I am always happy when our guests are this pleased after their stay with us. We are lucky with our location I want to say thanks for your special mention of the team. It’s great to read that you would be happy to return to visit us again.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Westin is a global chain so there is a bit of sameness to each property. The service and rooms were just fine, nothing really outstanding or negative. Staff was pleasant. The hotel is laid out a bit oddly, from a physical perspective. But it was all fine, nothing too memorable (either positive or negative). Personally I prefer a hotel with a bit more character and uniqueness but Westin is pretty dependable and consistent.

Room Tip: My room was right above one of the bars so I heard noise at night. Request a quieter room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Hello Dorcas K

Thank you for sharing your comments after your stay with us here in The Westin Dublin. I am sorry to read that your visit did not have any memorable moments during your visit. Did you know that we are lucky enough to be located in a wonderful old building that is steeped in history? The Westin is located in an opulent 19th century building that was originally a bank and we have kept many of the original features. I am sorry that you did not get to see any of these beautiful features. I hope we will get the chance to welcome you again and I would be delighted to give you a tour of our lovely old Hotel.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Niggly little things. The lighting in our room was bizarrely configured, one of the ceiling speakers did not work, we reported this but it was not fixed as promised. We asked for a small table for the balcony, again this was accepted without question as a request but never happened. We couldn't pay in the Atrium as there was no waiter present so went to the desk in reception and one of the staff was, we thought, rather curt for a 5 star. Overall our stay was very good but these are four star not five star behaviours. Room was spacious with aforesaid balcony giving a wonderful view across to the Wicklow Mountains. Bed was awesomely comfortable but for the price paid these were inadequate compensations.

Dear marksw3960
Thanks for your review after you stayed with us in the Westin Dublin. I am unhappy to read that you found the service four stars and not five stars. This is not how I want our guests to feel after they have stayed with us. I have passed your comments to the relevant teams and we are looking into the issues you have brought to our attention. If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be happy to speak with you about these matters. I look forward to speaking with you in person.
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

I had a fantastic experience here. The hotel is beautiful and the location is ideal. I walked all over Dublin and felt this was centrally located to everything I wanted to see. Trinity College is across the street, Grafton Street shopping area is 5 minute walk, Temple Bar area is also right next door. The hotel room was superb, clean, roomy, and well appointed. I thought the hotel was charming but also modern and up to date. The bar downstairs was warm and inviting, I had a nice afternoon lunch to get out of the cold. The staff were exceptionally helpful. They really went out of their way to help me store bags there when I arrived (before the day I checked in) during a brief layover before heading to meeting in Belfast; the bell captain kept my stuff so I could tour around Dublin for a few hours before taking the train. I then returned a few days later and found the service equally friendly and helpful. I would DEFINITELY stay here agin if I return to Dublin.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Hi Jtcampbell87
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely words after your stay with us in November. I am delighted to read that you were so happy with your accommodations. Thank you for your nice comments about the team in general I am always so pleased to read that our guests leave us this happy. I have passed your comments on to the team and I know they are delighted to receive comments such as yours. I hope we will have the chance to look after you again the next time you visit Dublin from Maryland. In the meantime be well.
La Quinta, California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This was a five day rocket-fast holiday from California to Dublin, so it was a whirl-wind to say the least. I chose the Westin over other 4-5 star hotels in Dublin because of stellar reviews on Trip Advisor and its physical location right in the middle of center city.
Our long flight landed in Dublin at 6AM, so I dreaded the time gap until we could check into the hotel, thinking it would be 3PM as it usually is. We walked into the lobby at 8:30 AM and told that our room would be ready after we had breakfast. Unbelievably, the clerk called before we even ordered coffee to advise that our room was ready. That is wonderful service.
Everything about the Westin was superb. We usually stay in Marriotts, so we are spoiled by consistent high quality and were not disappointed here. Along with the staff being incredibly helpful and friendly, the hotel was beautiful and immaculate. Our room was lovely by any standard; the bedding was sumptuous and the very modern bathroom (with both a large shower and a separate bath tub) was huge by American standards, let alone the typical European small bathroom. The room included one US style electrical outlet and USB jacks built into the desk area.
The location was perfect. Most things we wanted to see were less than 10 minutes away from the Westin. We bought a bus pass for 28 euros and it took us everywhere else, including the seasde sights and to & from the airport.
In fairness, this rating should be 4.75 instead of a 5, because wi-fi was not included even in common areas.

A minor disappointment was no coffee available in the morning in the lobby as Marriott provides. However, there is a Starbucks right next door which opens early.

This was our second stay at a Starwood Hotel this year (Zihuatenao Mexico earlier) and both were so splendid that I have become a member and feel perfectly comfortable staying there any time.

Room Tip: The clerk offered us a suite for another 50 euros per night, but after seeing our king non-smoking r...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hello Garry L and thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review after your five day visit here in The Westin and Dublin city.
It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you had a wonderful time. I am delighted that the team was both friendly and helpful. I am very happy that we were able to accommodate you with an early check –in it is always great when that works out for our guests. Thanks again for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Dublin the next time you are in Dublin from California.
oceanside
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Westin Dublin
has a perfect location , across from Temple Bar and next to Trinity College. They also have a perfect staff, the most helpful overall hotel I have ever stayed at. The rooms are nice and comfortable and the bathroom lovely. We ate at the Mint Bar one night (were to tired to go back to Temple Bar) food was good bar service timely and again staff was so friendly. We can't wait to return to Ireland.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear noriOceanside
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It is lovely to read your comments and to read that you had a wonderful time. Thanks for your lovely words about the Mint bar I am very happy to read them. I am delighted to read that you found the team to be ‘perfect’ and the most helpful hotel you I have ever stayed at. I have shared your comments with the team and we very much look forward to having the pleasure of looking after you again in the not too distant future.
thanks again