“Festive and Fun Westin Dublin”
Review of The Westin Dublin

The Westin Dublin
Ranked #10 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“Festive and Fun Westin Dublin”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The Westin Dublin in December was an Irish "Merry Christmas" fantasyland. It is the perfect tourism location that was so convenient when we just wanted to stroll through the neighborhood as essentially all of the sights and attractions are nearby. As we entered we were welcomed by a pair of roaring fireplaces (with seating areas nearby), tons of decorations, and a choice of warm cider or a mulled fruit drink, and I hadn't even checked in yet! Check in was smooth and fast as Nicole Thomas and Kristina Moody in reservations had assisted in advance. Great job. My room was delightful, clean, and comfortable with a large bathroom. Room service (Irish coffees and appetizers) was delicious and fast. The management here (Fred Smits especially) runs a lovely establishment that should be at the top of your list in Dublin. I dined at the other older famous hotel and I must say that it is no match for this team. The Westin Dublin is the go to spot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hello NYtravelcriticint
Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely comments after you stayed with us over the Christmas period. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much! Thank you for your nice comments about the team and I have passed them on to the team especially Nicole and Kristina. I am always so happy to read that our guests leave us this happy. It’s great to read that you would recommend us so highly. I hope we will have the chance to look after you again very soon.
Slan agus Beannacht
Fred Smits

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (453)
new york
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The hotel has a great location . The front desk and manager were top notch . Concierge services were not up to par for a Westin . The recommendations were weak and did not help us at all . The breakast was superb . The room was poorly lit and outlets were not easy to use . We had a bite to eat in the atrium but it was disappointing that it was booked with weddings for two out of te three days .

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Hello suelpc
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us in The Westin Dublin.
Thank you for your nice comments about the team in ‘check in’ and our front office manager. However I am very sorry to read that our concierge team were not up to par. This is not what we expect from our team here in the Westin and I am investigating your comments. If you would like to get in contact with me directly I would be delighted to speak with you about your comments. I am sorry that you were unable to enjoy our Atrium I understand that it must have been frustrating for you. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
All the best
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have had our Christmas Eve lunch in Westin for last five or six years.Always a nice experience for the six of us---Champagne in Atrium then buffet lunch! This year was a disaster from the start--rang four or five times in November to book---Christmas Co-ordinater was never there and never returned call eventually got call back --this becauseI I got quite annoyed with phone operater Booked table for Six---got call from Co-ordinater about 10 th December looking for credit card details and informing us meal had gone up to €85 per head---think it was €65 last year----queried what we were getting for increase---guy didn't know---said he was new this year. Met up in Atrium had our usual great experience---nice table--lovely staff--a couple of bottles of Champagne. Glad we enjoyed it because it was downhill all the way after that ! Went down to Banking Hall---half full --no athmosphere at all -Food was very good---but had a rotten table---Band very good but packed up early--staff couldn't wait for us to finish to get off home for Christmas--understandable--but not good enough---a bored looking young Santa going around---we were so glad we had no kids with us---. It was probably very good for our livers as we only had two bottles of wine between Six of us--we all couldn't wait to get out--- Nobody came around to ask were we enjoying the meal and I can understand why! We certainly won't repeat the experience!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 6lexington
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear 6lexington
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. However I am very sorry to read that you were unhappy with the service you received while organising your Christmas Eve lunch. I would like to apologise to you for your poor experience during lunch. As you know from previous times when you had lunch with us we pride ourselves on providing a personalised service in The Westin Dublin. I would encourage you to reach out to me directly to discuss this further. I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.
Kind regards,
General Manager.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 26 December 2013

The hotel is located in an ideal spot, right in the heart of the city.
Staff are very friendly and always willing to help.
Food in the restaurant is excellent, and the happy hour is great value.
Breakfast is awesome, with a wide selection of top quality foods.
The cocktail bar is also worth a visit.
Some rooms can be noisy, but overall, they're fine.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank waterzooi
Hi waterzooi
Thanks for your nice comments after you stayed with us in The Westin Dublin. I am delighted to read that you found the team to be friendly and helpful. Its great to read that you found the time to enjoy all the amenities in the hotel and they lived up to your expectations. Thank you again for taking the time to share your review.
All the best
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at the Dublin Westin. The central location was perfect for exploring the city on foot. A very short walk to Temple Bar pubs and to Grafton Street shopping. The staff were so friendly and helpful, really enhancing my stay. And, the room was just perfect. Comfortable Westin bed. Lovely soaking tub. Beautiful marble in the bathroom. Quiet room. Good food (and more good staff) at the Atrium lounge. When I return to Dublin, I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Was in one of the smallest rooms, which wasn't really small at all. Plenty of space!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
TheWestin, General Manager at The Westin Dublin, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Travelling_girl76
Thanks for your lovely review of The Westin Dublin, we are so lucky with the city central location of the hotel and it allows for easy sightseeing and exploring of Dublin. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a great nights rest in our ‘Heavenly beds’ and thank you for your lovely comments about the team here I have passed them on! I am looking forward to welcoming you the next time you visit us from Pennsylvania. Thanks again fro taking the time to share your comments and I hope we will see you again soon
Slan agus Beannacht
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We stayed one night in Westin Dublin as it's closer to the Main Street for museums and temple Bars, and of course it's much easy for us to meet up with friends for the night.
The check-in was not a good experience, but service recovery by Fred was simply fantastic. We were upgraded to the suite of the hotel. This is something we were not expecting, but a very nice gesture by the GM.
Breakfast and tea were good, especially the service staff from the Atrium. She is very attentive and warm.
Thank you Westin Dublin for a wonderful night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear SunnyIsland71 thanks for your lovely review of The Westin Dublin. It’s great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am very happy to read that the team in the Atrium were attentive to your needs. Indeed we try to ensure that all our guests feel cared for when they visit us. Thanks for your nice comments and all of the team in The Westin Dublin look forward to your return visit from Singapore.
Be well
Golden, ColorADO
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

I was hesitant to book when i read a few snarky reviews here. So glad i did, though. This was a lovely hotel. Our room was excellent. The marble bathroom was totally luxurious. Beautiful linens and bath products. The downstairs bar/restaurant was above average. No complaints at all.

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Spainin2008
Hi Spaininn2008 thanks for your nice words after you stayed with us in October. I am delighted to read that we did not disappoint, and that you liked your accommodations and found your stay to be above average. Thanks for your comments and I hope we will have the chance to look after you again here in The Westin Dublin.
Be well